Thread: Please help, I am about to give up.

Taklinn

Default Please help, I am about to give up.

I am having problems. I click the play button and it goes thru all of the Initializing through initializing engine then the game just does not load. Sometimes a black screen does appear like the game is actually loading(******** Tease) it then just closes and I am back on the login page. I have been trying to get this working for 24 hours now. I hope I can get this working I really want to give this game another shot.
    I opened a ticket Thursday on this, but have only had one reply, I tried what he suggested (turn debug=false). I have updated all of my Video and Sound card drivers and Downloaded the newest Internet Explorer. I tried reinstalling the game. Nothing has worked and it has been almost 24 hours since I got a reply from support.
    Please can anyone help.

Default Re: Please help, I am about to give up.

At what point do you get stuck?

what kind of error message are you getting?

25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Taklinn

Thats the funny part I never seem to get stuck or recieve an error. I click the play horizons button it scans then does all the initiating then a black screen comes up like it is starting to play the game. then it goes away, and I am back at the play button.

no loading screen? select 'full scan' and try again.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Taklinn

Just did a full scan. Same thing just took a little longer for the scan.

Taklinn

I am gonna reinstall for the 3rd time, thime from my brothers discs.

Taklinn

Well I reinstalled and same thing..... I give up I havent gotten a reply from the ticket I put in, and I have no idea what to do next. I guess I will go back to WoW, though I am bored out of my mind there.

If anyone thinks of anything I have email notification on.

I know the current client is having issues, maybe your problem is related.

Taklinn

I dont know I can log into my brothers PC on my char. He he lives a couple miles away and like to play his own games also.

Tak, have you given the stand alone launcher a go yet? I really don't know if this will solve anything but it is worth a shot. It is located in your Horizons folder; named HorizonsLaucher.exe .

Also, from the main page there is a recall button which allows you to recall to your bind point without having to log in. Try that and see if it helps hun.

Taklinn

/sigh nope. Tried both things same thing happens. My question is why havent I heard from my ticket guy in over the last 24 hours on this? Thanks for the try, I really would like to play from my PC . It ran it last year just fine(cept for the issues they had then)

When you were playing last year, was that before or after the requirement for Windows .Net framework 1.1?Not sure what exact effect not having it on you computer would have but I know Horizons requires it to run.

Taklinn

Not sure about that, but I do have .net. Thank you all in here for helping and those on the MP chat together we did get it working and I enjoyed a few hours of play time.

Thread Information