Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blight/Live Mithril xp comparison.

Default Blight/Live Mithril xp comparison.

A new thread, because this is only about the direct xp comparison. Not the desirability or lack thereof of slowing the game down a bit or similar topics.
    Today.
    Blight:
    124 mithril ore+ 62 platinum ore, for 186 ore.
    62 Bars, smelting xp 10788.

Order.
    124 ore for 62 bars, exp 8494 xp.
    62 ore for 31 bars exp 4247
    Total for 186 oreexp 12741.

So per ore, Live 68.5 xp/ore
    Blight 58xp/ore.

Idecided not to try to assign a value to the additional 31 bars of mithril obtained on Live.Nor did I assign any valuation to traveling to a mith (edit: I meant plat of course.) bed if there should be an imbalance.

I did not conduct a comprehensivereview of the ratio of mithril ore to platinum. However,for those who get a significant amount of ore from the golems, that will tip thebalance further in the mith/plat ratio.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Default Re: Blight/Live Mithril xp comparison.

That does tend to show that it will slow down leveling, if that is the purpose of the change

One can certainly draw that as a logical and reasonable conclusion, however, withoutdefinitive information as to why then we can only speculate as to the true intent of this change.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

*Feels happy dragons can level their craft levels on either Brick, bar, gem or orb... Sobrick,gem or orb here we come* [:P]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Senkeleron Fell
    That does tend to show that it will slow down leveling, if that is the purpose of the change
    Actually the XPs suppose to be close to the same. The slow down was because you have to gather multiple resources to create 1 bar. If you read Manga's comments from the first time Kulamata did his direct comparison, he indicates this.

Of course they could have reconsidered and decided to completely bend the metalcrafters over.

Well hopefully either way, their holding off till next week like everything else that was going live today.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Well I guess it's because the one platinum ore is just a T4 resource and so you get lower XP for that part.
    I don't think it matters, as it will help to reach their goal to slow down schools which are limited to metal bars.

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Quote Originally Posted by Kulamata
    Blight:
    124 mithril ore+ 62 platinum ore, for 186 ore.
    62 Bars, smelting xp 10788.

Order.
    124 ore for 62 bars, exp 8494 xp.
    62 ore for 31 bars exp 4247
    Total for 186 oreexp 12741.

So per ore, Live 68.5 xp/ore
    Blight 58xp/ore.
    The problem with your calculations are, you are comparing xp per ore. I think what they were stating was that you should be getting similar xp per bar, not per ore. If you would redo the calculations with that in mind and tell us what you find.

Sure it still screws over the metal crafter, because of the need for more ore to craft in the new method, but if they did crafting the way I invisioned it myself, all the crafters would get screwed, well cept for the confectioners, cause they already are.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

XP per bar would not be a good comparison. Breaking it down to the raw resources is the most accurate way to determine how this change will impact metal crafting.

I say this becouse if you only looked at the XP gained from smelting 62 bars, then the new method would give more XP per bar (10788 vs 8494). This however does not take into account the time and effort spent gathering/transporting and processing the ore.
    Master of the "Veiled Insult" .... Observe
    [veil]Your Mother was a hamster and your Father smells of elderberries[/veil]

Quote Originally Posted by fratricide

Sure it still screws over the metal crafter, because of the need for more ore to craft in the new method, but if they did crafting the way I invisioned it myself, all the crafters would get screwed, well cept for the confectioners, cause they already are.
    hahahahaha... oh wait, he's right, then [:#]
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Yes, the real issue is xp/time, but that's too tricky to try and pin down accurately.So I used ore, as gathering that is the main time sink.

Although I have maintained that experiance should be based more on the number of differentresources required to reflect the time taken to gather those resources I doubt if it will be changed to reflect that. If it was, then other products would require the same treatment in order to adjust the experiance and may take the xps earned up or down. It seems to work that way for dyes for example.

At present we gain xps per product (in this case bar) made so those are the numbers that should be used to compare. Xps/bar.
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

Quote Originally Posted by Bori Grimbattle
    Although I have maintained that experiance should be based more on the number of differentresources required to reflect the time taken to gather those resources I doubt if it will be changed to reflect that. If it was, then other products would require the same treatment in order to adjust the experiance and may take the xps earned up or down. It seems to work that way for dyes for example.

At present we gain xps per product (in this case bar) made so those are the numbers that should be used to compare. Xps/bar.
    Err ? so in that line of thought are you saying this change will make power leveling of mith faster? You are getting more XP per bar after all.

In all seriousness you cannot use that logic for this comparison. The end result was to slow down the rate at which you could level metal crafts with Mith. This has been accomplished since a full load of ore with the alloy method will be lower then a full load of ore with the pure method. Kul is dead on with using ore as his unit of measure. Ore is ore, Mith, Plat it?s all the same weight, it?s the one constant here. The bar is misleading because the alloy bar uses 50% more ore then the pure bar.
    Master of the "Veiled Insult" .... Observe
    [veil]Your Mother was a hamster and your Father smells of elderberries[/veil]

Let me give you my observations.

I went to blight, gathered 100 mith ore, and 50 platinum ore. Platinum was right beside the mithril or so it took no addional time to gather both. Recalled back and went to a small dwarven smithy and smelted 50 mith bars.

Total EXP was 8700.

Logged into Chaos, gathered 100 Mith ore, and smelted 50 bars.

Total EXP was 6700.

2000 more exp for 50 bars with the new setup feels just about right.

The only thing I still think they need to do is put a few more plat nodes in. When 10 - 15 players are out there mining the platinum will dry up very quick. By my counting nodes in spawn areas, I was seeing from 10% - 20% of nodes were platinum. this needs to be at least 30% to accomodate the larger number of miners that will be there.
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Of relevance to the whole debate about experience gains from resources :

http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=85214#85214

If you want to comment on the post I have linked to, do so in that topic. If you wish to comment on the difference in experience gains from smelting mithril when comparing the Blight shard to the live shards, feel free to carry on discussing it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aamer Khan
    Let me give you my observations.

I went to blight, gathered 100 mith ore, and 50 platinum ore. Platinum was right beside the mithril or so it took no addional time to gather both. Recalled back and went to a small dwarven smithy and smelted 50 mith bars.

Total EXP was 8700.

Logged into Chaos, gathered 100 Mith ore, and smelted 50 bars.

Total EXP was 6700.

200 more exp for 50 bars with the new setup feels just about right.

The only thing I still think they need to do is put a few more plat nodes in. When 10 - 15 players are out there mining the platinum will dry up very quick. By my counting nodes in spawn areas, I was seeing from 10% - 20% of nodes were platinum. this needs to be at least 30% to accomodate the larger number of miners that will be there.
    interesting! 2000 EXP more than before for more work to gather the additional platinum.

sounds more then fair.

Yes the platinum nodes should spawn very fast, else all miners will get frustrated

Yes Aamer, your numbers are the same as mine. 58/ore on Blight, 67/ore on Chaos. However your comment is a bit misleading about the platinum, since the devs said there would be a small amount, and I havenot yetseen platinum in a 2:1 ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    interesting! 2000 EXP more than before for more work to gather the additional platinum.

sounds more then fair.
    Woooot, I get a bit more Xp for a lot more of work, well thats great I think. Instead of running just for the next mitrhil node and gain additional 3350 XP for smelting the additional Mithril Ore, I now can search for Platinum Node and gain 2000 XP for the same amount of Ore, yep that's pretty cool

Yes the platinum nodes should spawn very fast, else all miners will get frustrated
    Why that? Idon't see anyneed, as it wouldn't fit in the overall slow down concept. Well and I guess most of the Miners are already frustrated anyway.....

Joaqim - Multiclassed God on Unity
    "I'm Immortal, I'm Glorious, I'm Supreme, I'm My Saviour"

Beleenda - Goddess of Melee
    "Kill 'em all, let God sort them out"

Misleading in what way?

They never promised 2:1 ratio on platinum. What I was seeing was not enough to support more then 2-3 miners. I was merely suggesting making it a solid 30% of the nodes be platinum.

Besides the fact, is that after what Smeglor posted, this is at best an interim change. It's not a big deal, and the only painful part I can see is the potential for fighting over limited platinum nodes.
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Quote Originally Posted by Joaqim
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Vlisson wrote:

sounds more then fair.

Woooot, I get a bit more Xp for a lot more of work, well thats great I think. Instead of running just for the next mitrhil node and gain additional 3350 XP for smelting the additional Mithril Ore, I now can search for Platinum Node and gain 2000 XP for the same amount of Ore, yep that's pretty cool

Why that? Idon't see anyneed, as it wouldn't fit in the overall slow down concept. Well and I guess most of the Miners are already frustrated anyway.....
    ts ts

mithril WILL be changed, regardless what we say, and i think 25 % more exp is a good compensation for this

btw the t5 metall dont fit at the metall concept (regardless if its called mithril or not)

why do you think this is done because to frustrate the crafter?

It's not more xp, it's less. Per ore, which represents the actual gathering effort, it is less, and you only get 2/3 as many bars. That's why the xp/bar is higher; you divide the xpamong fewer bars. If you got only one bar for 150 ore, the xp/bar would be very high indeed. But it would still be a reduction in the number of resulting bars, and the xp/ore would not be affected by that.

Thread Information