Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lairs now on blight?

Default lairs now on blight?

AROP (part2 complete) and lairs are now on blight?

i wondered where i read this week that lairs will go to blight today?

And AROP part 2 is on blight since last week Hal`cyon Sskyler mentioned

Default Re: lairs now on blight?

I think DB said last week that if all went well lairs would be going to blight this week.

This is very exciting news indeed.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

yes this would be great! i hope to see soon new lair screenshots

maybe I misunderstood. I thought you said they were on blight, but I just noticed you have question marks by that.
    I haven't seen anywhere that says they have added lairs.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

I think what he [David] said was that at the earliest, if all goes well, then we'd see the lairs onto blight with the new delta.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Quote Originally Posted by Nisse
    I think what he [David] said was that at the earliest, if all goes well, then we'd see the lairs onto blight with the new delta.
    Wish you guys would speak english [;)]

New delta?

Personally I more anxious for lairshaping, I've heard bits and pieces.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Nisse wrote:I think what he [David] said was that at the earliest, if all goes well, then we'd see the lairs onto blight with the new delta.

Wish you guys would speak english [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

New delta?

Personally I more anxious for lairshaping, I've heard bits and pieces.
    Basically, if things work out then Lairs and Lairshaping will make it with the next big content push.

There was no date given of any kind for when that next push will be, but it seems to me that the content pushes have been coming once a month, so maybe in September we will see Lairs.

Again, no time frame was given, that is just my guess.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

oh I realize that Theo. DB said it was just a very rough time table and I understand that. its just lairshaping is something I've been waiting for since beta, so naturally I'm chomping at the bit for.

And while being very excited and pacing the floor waiting for it, I would rather wait a little longer and have it done right (or close to). Then have them implement it too soon and have to wait for them to fix it!!

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Here, I'll give you something that you can quote verbatim:

Nine dragon lair plots are on Blight with the last update. They are in the Forbidden Zone which is not accessible by players. If IF if all goes well with their testing, then I'll be able to place (I've been testing this process for a week, it works) all of the Dragon Lair plots for existing communities, add Dragon Lair communities, and add Dragon guild communities. I'll mark them as not-for-sale and players can scope out their locations. At the same time, the Lairshaping school will be released to Blight. Our current goal is to start the auctions of the Lair plots beginning one week after they are on the Live shards. Unity will run their auctions on thier own time-table, but will receive all of this as a part of their update release.

This is happening at the same time as the introduction of the Ancient Rite of Passage last chapter, which allows for the passage of Adults to their Ancient state.

The Return of the Ancients has lead to a rediscovery of the Lairshaping and Crystalworking skills.These magic skills allowfor the creation of Dragon Lairs.As a result, a new mandate has gone out among the Lunus and Helians to begin to re-settle Aradoth. Obviously the Chiconis and Dralk areas will have communities as well as most of Aradoth, but the two factions each have been encouraged to form Lairs in new, non-traditional locations. The Helians are forming a small outpost on Lesser Aradoth with the cooperation of the Sslik. The Lunus are forming communities in Trandalar north of the Trandalar Rift where the Half-Giants never lived.

The Empire pricing for Lairs will be in coins. The Empire uses coins in transactions with all the different species.

David Bowman
    David Bowman

WAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

<DOES BARREL ROLL>

OH, and THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

I have just got my drake flying so i havent been keeping up on the lair issue alot, so forgive me if i am repeating things from other threads. Will bipeds be able to get to lairs? (hopes not). The bigger question i think is how will the auction go? Bipeds should not be able to bid on plots. I believe drages have been waiting for very long time and should not be outbid by bipeds. Just my thoughts.
    Komier Nainhammer

Aghazstamn

Vestige of Hope, Order

Quote Originally Posted by Komier Nainhammer
    I have just got my drake flying so i havent been keeping up on the lair issue alot, so forgive me if i am repeating things from other threads. Will bipeds be able to get to lairs? (hopes not). The bigger question i think is how will the auction go? Bipeds should not be able to bid on plots. I believe drages have been waiting for very long time and should not be outbid by bipeds. Just my thoughts.
    Well I believe there will be a mix of acessability. But for fun and games they already said you could design a lair that would be a biped trap and the only way out was to recall.
    Auction, the only clue so far is that the auction will be done in coin. A few weeks back there was some word about it being more then just coin. But Davids statement above sounds like it will just be coin. You'll have a week to loook over lairs before bidding begins and then when you find a lair you like bidding begins at the Empires price.

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Komier Nainhammer
    I read somewhere there will be ground, hatchling and biped accessible, Lairs and Cliff side, Flying only accessible plot.

Only dragons can only can own a Lair from what I have read also. That does not stop a biped from making a hatchling PL and then buying a plot as I have also read only adults and ancients can buy lairs.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Well, let's bring that up for question from the source:

David, will lairs be available for all levels of dragons or are there specific qualifications to own one (certain levels, hoard, RoP, ARoP)?
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

My fault I miss read/remembered what i read. It is....

<David-Lairs> No, Lairs are an Adult/Ancient 'elder' concept... Juveniles fit, but it isn't designed for them.

That is from the Dragon chat posted in dragon. Was asked if Tier 1 chambers would be only hatchling size or not and part of the answer was above.

So it could be taken as no sale to Hatchlings, and the Cliff side ones I assume will not be buy able by hatchlings as I assume the ploy marker will be up on the Cliff.

Trandalar north of the Rift. Hmm. Sounds awefully cold, remote, andtier 3.

Is there anything interesting up there? Mobs, resources, ANYTHING besides ice and snow?

Well, maybe the Lunus hierarchy wants me to settle up there, but I think I'm going to look around more. I'd like something a tad warmer, with SOMETHING interesting in the vicinity. I can pass on the warmth if there's something interesting. I suspect I'deven prefer a home near Dralk over something north of the Rift; but I think I'm going to do some shopping around before deciding where to hang my hoard.

Anyway, this sounds really cool. What with that and the AROP, this is going to be one busy dragon in the upcoming weeks.

There's plenty of mobs in the Rift. Kwellen, blights, ogres, pygmies - lots of neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Knell
    oh I realize that Theo. DB said it was just a very rough time table and I understand that. its just lairshaping is something I've been waiting for since beta, so naturally I'm chomping at the bit for.

And while being very excited and pacing the floor waiting for it, I would rather wait a little longer and have it done right (or close to). Then have them implement it too soon and have to wait for them to fix it!!
    I hear ya man, I am in the same boat. I hate to craft, but all bets are off when Lairs go live, I am gonna be a crafting fool [:D]

The only thing I have wanted more was rideable Dragons, and then only because my wife plays a Dryad, and because it was once rumored that there would be Dragon Lairs on floating islands that only Ancients could get to. So I wanted such a lair, and to have the ability to fly my wife up to it[:D]

Quote Originally Posted by David Bowman
    Here, I'll give you something that you can quote verbatim:

Nine dragon lair plots are on Blight with the last update. They are in the Forbidden Zone which is not accessible by players. If IF if all goes well with their testing, then I'll be able to place (I've been testing this process for a week, it works) all of the Dragon Lair plots for existing communities, add Dragon Lair communities, and add Dragon guild communities. I'll mark them as not-for-sale and players can scope out their locations. At the same time, the Lairshaping school will be released to Blight. Our current goal is to start the auctions of the Lair plots beginning one week after they are on the Live shards. Unity will run their auctions on thier own time-table, but will receive all of this as a part of their update release.

This is happening at the same time as the introduction of the Ancient Rite of Passage last chapter, which allows for the passage of Adults to their Ancient state.

The Return of the Ancients has lead to a rediscovery of the Lairshaping and Crystalworking skills.These magic skills allowfor the creation of Dragon Lairs.As a result, a new mandate has gone out among the Lunus and Helians to begin to re-settle Aradoth. Obviously the Chiconis and Dralk areas will have communities as well as most of Aradoth, but the two factions each have been encouraged to form Lairs in new, non-traditional locations. The Helians are forming a small outpost on Lesser Aradoth with the cooperation of the Sslik. The Lunus are forming communities in Trandalar north of the Trandalar Rift where the Half-Giants never lived.

The Empire pricing for Lairs will be in coins. The Empire uses coins in transactions with all the different species.

David Bowman
    I LOVE YOU MAN!!

In a macho, Dragonly way, of course.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

At least you get Tier 3.

Isn't Lesser Aradoth supposed to be Tier 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Goriax
    Trandalar north of the Rift. Hmm. Sounds awefully cold, remote, andtier 3.

Is there anything interesting up there? Mobs, resources, ANYTHING besides ice and snow?

Well, maybe the Lunus hierarchy wants me to settle up there, but I think I'm going to look around more. I'd like something a tad warmer, with SOMETHING interesting in the vicinity. I can pass on the warmth if there's something interesting. I suspect I'deven prefer a home near Dralk over something north of the Rift; but I think I'm going to do some shopping around before deciding where to hang my hoard.

Anyway, this sounds really cool. What with that and the AROP, this is going to be one busy dragon in the upcoming weeks.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

har har

great info, thx David

Thread Information