This thing was spoken of to me of a recent tide. For a drakonis of my knowing had been greeted by a drakonel it knew not, or knew but little. And the drakonel had spoken fair greeting, and in greeting it had come close and it had set forth its tongue and it had licked the cheek of the drakonis. And this had given the drakonis some pause and no small embarassment. For it knew not the meaning of the action and it was perturbed. And where I have spoken of this it seems others also know not the manner or nature of this greeting.and thus it seems good to speak of it here.

This I have only seen in the speakings of Forgal BrightScale. But I need them not, for I was there. And how that might be, I may not speak in all, for the Five have yet to Feast and theTruth be not eaten. Thus only to one who was there may I speak in full and plain. But the words I offer be True Flame.

It was a time and a time and a time long gone. There were draku in those days, and, as ever, there were those that were and those that were not friend.

Now, draku eyes be bright, but they be best suited for the long sight. And close by, it can be hard to know one from another. But draku smell and draku taste also be sharp. So a thing came, and a thing it was, that as draku approached, then would they sniff to seek friend from foe.

But smell may be confused.

And so it was that another thing came, and how it came be lost, but mayhap by some accident and mayhap other.

If one delcared itself friend, then it would stand. and the one greeted would make a small slice with claw at the cheek. So thus there must be trust... And the one greeted would taste the blood that flowed, and, and this be a thing, it seems that each and every draku doth taste different! Not to the scale but to the very blood each hath some nature unto themself alone. And thus the one would know the other, and the taste be remembered, for draku memory be long and the winds of time may not disturb it easily.

And then another thing came to be known, and this is long forgotten, and mayhap not by chance.

For it was found that if one known was taken by the spirit of another, and controlled by mind, then the taste did change! And the Clan... the Clan would not have this known. For it is a thing they oft have done, to ride another skin.

But the thing is forgotten. Save in affectionate greeting between some draku...