Thread: Now that Asheron's Call 2 is closing down, maybe the refugees will come here?

PUKI

Default Now that Asheron's Call 2 is closing down, maybe the refugees will come here?

I hope

Default Re: Now that Asheron's Call 2 is closing down, maybe the refugees will come here?

where'd you hear that?
    Brassandyn and Landowyn
    The Steelworks. Realm of Order

Click

Default Re: Now that Asheron's Call 2 is closing down, maybe the refugees will come here?

Weird, I tried to post a link here via the little globe with a chain link icon but it didn't work. Anyway, here: http://ac2.turbine.com/index.php?page_id=384

Click.

was only a matter of time. The game was on life support as it is.

However the refugee's will probably go to SWG. Its more closer to what AC2 was offering than what HZ does.

A lot of anger on that board right now.... And I thought WE had a flaming community. [;)]

It's a pity they had to take that route. I beta tested that game when I was playing <mutter,mutter,A,mutter,mutter,C1> many years ago. Age old story though, push a game not ready for release onto the public and it's a signed death warrant. I was kind of surprised they were putting out an expansion 7 months back and thought, well heck, maybe I was wrong when I beta tested it and it DID make it.

Sometimes it suxxors to be right. [:S]
    Arirabeth Quickfingers
    Shaliwyn Whisperwing
    Arydun Wyr`Thalu
    ~Mystic Blades~ Order
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    Damnit Jim! I'm a gnome not a lemming!

well there is one example of what i thought was a great game that just didn't get enough subs....The game had plenty of lore(consistently updated), a great craft system, and tons of content.

I hope we don't end up the same lol.Additionally i hopethey stick to it with d&d online and Lord of the rings online i'm looking forward to playing or at least reading about both.

Quote Originally Posted by oluviel
    Additionally i hopethey stick to it with d&d online and Lord of the rings online i'm looking forward to playing or at least reading about both.
    Oh me too... I can't wait to <nudge, nudge, wink, wink> READ about DDO when it's released. [;)]
    Arirabeth Quickfingers
    Shaliwyn Whisperwing
    Arydun Wyr`Thalu
    ~Mystic Blades~ Order
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    Damnit Jim! I'm a gnome not a lemming!

hmmm well d&d i think i'll try, but LOTRO i will almost definately just read about. The books and movies were great i don't even want to think of anything that's middle earth in a bad way.

I like the semi "twitch" combat system d&d online is creating, and it's all wrapped up in that cool D&D world that started it all...well it's based on tolkien OY i'm confused.

Well, I will say that DDO is a far cry from the world that started it all. The ruleset is version 3.5 and the game setting is the newest campaign setting offered by Wizards of the Coast and not Greyhawk, Forgotton Realms, or Dragonlance.

I really don't see the concept going gangbusters. Aside from the name recognition of Dungeons & Dragons, there is little to the game that couldn't be had in Guild Wars (which is also free to play). It will no doubt do better than AC2, but I have doubts that it will reach even EQ2 levels of subscriptions. It will be up to LOTRO to pull in the really big numbers.

Drev

Well, I've kept my eye on this game because I was a rabid D&D player many years back. My one big beef with the game is all the action will take place in instanced dungeons for the most part. That's what I read so far - no huge landscape to interact with, no giant world to explore - not sure if I'll be into that.

I'll keep watching its development but so far I'm a bit disappointed. Sounds more like a pay version of Guild Wars.

Bulgrim
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

Well .. personnally I never liked AC2, but when all my friends left AC and went to the new version and other game, so did I I went play EvE & EnB. When I hit the caps I tryed DAoC and didn't like loosing xp, I prefer paying a penalty instead, I tried returning to AC but I new no one there and the game had changed too muchand that is how I got to HZ starting new in a new game.

Well we know how they feel with a closure announcement, we were lucky that the route AE choos by the merger of the servers. But even that was not enough, Tulga havd to come to the rescue. But let's face it it the rank of player base getting smaller we migth have to face the same treath over our head again.

If AC would close I would say we probably would gain a few players, but AC2 is not close to the style game we play.

My best whish to the ex-AC2 players, and hope they find a new home soon.
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Thread Information