Thread: Thinking of coming back for a month.

Janix

Default Thinking of coming back for a month.

Well its been nearly 2 years now since I have played Horizons. I bought the game a few months after it was released, and only played a month before I cancelled my subscription. Since then I have players nearly every mmorpg out there and am still lacking my "fix". I just got done playing WoW for 3 months and got to where I hated the unbalanced pvp and the drop rates on endgame equipment. I have been searching mmorpg.com for a new game to try out and found myself in the Horizons forum. I was reading about how things have gotten somewhat better than they were back then, and was thinking I may give it another shot. I just have a few questions to ask before I do.

1. Are there enough people left to find things you need in the "auction house"? (I don't remember what they are called after playing WoW lol)
    2. How is the server stability now? Is the lag bearable enough to not get you irritated?
    3. Is it worth the $13 now compared to all those other games out there?
    4. I don't remember, but is there pvp? If so, how is it? Balanced etc?

Default Re: Thinking of coming back for a month.

1. There are consigners, that carry useful things. There are also people, in the Market channel, that can be asked to make things to order.

2. Right now there are some lag and stability issues but not like there used to be. One or two more patches should hopefully repair the immediate problems.

3. Only you can answer that. Me, I currently have 3 subs to HZ (about to downsize to 2 again).

4. The lack of PvP is a core part of HZ. This game will never ever have it. Though a PvP version might one day be developed.

Come on and give it a try. At worst you're out 14 bucks for a chance to try what has developed into a very different game from what you saw at launch. Lots of cool new things to learn about, new lands to see, 2 new races to play.

-Levity Merrel.

Answers to:

1) http://community.istaria.com/default.aspx?pg=consignment&cons=blight_items& amp;sort=Item&atype=&cnt=0

It lists all the items currently forsale on any server that you might be thinking of.

2) Server stabilty is um... stable however there are still some lag issues mainly due to several portals.

3) There is a 2 week trial right now offered, give that a shot first before you actually subscribe and then decide. It's the best advice I can offer, different MMO's for different foks. [;)]

4) Horizon's is PvE only at this point. What the future brings is unknown at this time.

You won't recogonize much after being away for 2 years, even after a few months things change around. It really depends on your gaming interests and gaming style as to whether Horizon's is right for you.

Hope this helps answer some of your questions.
    Arirabeth Quickfingers
    Shaliwyn Whisperwing
    Arydun Wyr`Thalu
    ~Mystic Blades~ Order
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    Damnit Jim! I'm a gnome not a lemming!

1 ) yes.. On Chaos I have little trouble finding things to spend money on in the consignment shops.
    2) I seldom have major issues with server stability
    3) yes.. To me its worth $26 per month ( two accounts ). I wasn't wowed by Wow and Guild Wars led me astray for a bit..but I'm back in force now. Thousands of hours played and still having fun.
    4) no pvp

There are still some lag issues...bad lag even in large raids..but I find daily play to be enjoyable. Content level has doubled since release..if not tripled. New races, techs, mobs, lands, loot, ...just to name a few general areas. The bestplayer community I've ever seenin an mmorpg. Bottom line is ..you really have to just take the plunge and see for yourself as these types of questions are really subjective. Live life on the edge..log in..play some..get to know some other players ..give it a good three months and I suspect you will stay for good.

Vanguard Faction
    "We suck less than the rest !"
    "Beauty fades...Dumb is forever"
    "Don't pee on my leg and then tell me it's raining"
    www.lhguild.com

1. no
    2. no
    3. no
    4. no

1) Depends on what you are looking for.
    2) There was a bad client upgrade a couple weeks back that really hosed FPS. However, a lot of the issue has been fixed and it's generally OK. YMMV.
    3) I pay four subs on my account.
    4) Nope.

Give it a try and decide for yourself. Yes, there are some lag/fps issues that everyone wants fixed, but nothing that makes the game unplayable.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by BKBanzai
    1. no
    2. no
    3. no
    4. no

Brilliant!! Have a Guinness!
    Brassandyn and Landowyn
    The Steelworks. Realm of Order

1)I can only speak for the Chaos shard. Overall I would say that the more specific the item you want (specific techs, etc), the chances of you getting in immediately decrease somewhat. Fortunately, the New Player Assistance channel has been far more productive than the marketplace channel in terms of providing a market for newer players. Your best chance would exist there.

2) Depends on how you define stable. In terms of CTD's, I'd call it sub-par. In terms of overall downtime, it's good in that the shard only comes down on tuesdays when there is a patch or update. It very, very seldom shuts down at any other time, but due to mem leaks you will crash on occasion. If you define stability in terms of overall lag, it's been pretty bad as of late, but about 3 months ago it was really running well.

3) Only you can answer that.

4) No PVP thank god.
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

Thread Information