Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rift Boss Rewards

Default Re: Rift Boss Rewards

I like them all.
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne
    Wooooooaah! You prefer a Res like a Biped??? Lets fix what you just said, not all bipeds can res. In fact most can't. So now Dragons can? So when do I get to Res????
    Jayne
    As soon as you take Cleric or Healer high enough. All bi-peds can rez.

Keep in mind I have already made my feelings clear earlier, I don't like the way lines are being blurred and diversity is being undercut. I firmly believe rez should be the domain of healing schools only, and not usable unless that school is active. If Dragons want rez, give them a Dragon equivalent of a healing class, and restrict it to that active school.

There are precious few ways to differentiate ourselves from the next player, and it is getting more and more difficult to have pride in ones class when there isn't anything special about it. When was the last time anyone really cared if there was a Healing class in a group? No reason to, everyone can heal to one extent or other anyway. Dedicated healing classes are simply not necessary for the vast majority of encounters. And that is just the obvious example.

Think about it. When was the last time you were in a group, and folks asked for a specific class?

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Theolaerynn
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Jayne wrote: Wooooooaah! You prefer a Res like a Biped??? Lets fix what you just said, not all bipeds can res. In fact most can't. So now Dragons can? So when do I get to Res????
    JayneAs soon as you take Cleric or Healer high enough. All bi-peds can rez.
    Hiya Buddy! Hope all is well.

What Jayne was referring to is the fact that she plays Berzerker passionately. Not all Biped's can rez. All Biped's can meet the life requirement to cast a rez but they may not meet the class requirement.

Keep in mind I have already made my feelings clear earlier, I don't like the way lines are being blurred and diversity is being undercut. I firmly believe rez should be the domain of healing schools only, and not usable unless that school is active. If Dragons want rez, give them a Dragon equivalent of a healing class, and restrict it to that active school.
    Well put and I respect that.

There are precious few ways to differentiate ourselves from the next player, and it is getting more and more difficult to have pride in ones class when there isn't anything special about it. When was the last time anyone really cared if there was a Healing class in a group? No reason to, everyone can heal to one extent or other anyway. Dedicated healing classes are simply not necessary for the vast majority of encounters. And that is just the obvious example.
    I'd agree for the most part. Hopefully this is addressed in more ways than one. Some classes need to be redefined, but likewise, some mobs need an overhaul that would further mandate a defined batch of tactics.

Think about it. When was the last time you were in a group, and folks asked for a specific class?
    SoG would be the only location I'dalmost demanda healing type class. Only exception would be if you're initials are P and J, in which case you don't need a healer.. or a mage, or a shaman, or a dragon. . . . . . . . .The outpost can get nasty as well, but enough damage does the trick there.
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

Hyacinthe

I thought it was funny [:)]

Quote Originally Posted by Twelvebagger
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Theolaerynn wrote: [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Jayne wrote: Wooooooaah! You prefer a Res like a Biped??? Lets fix what you just said, not all bipeds can res. In fact most can't. So now Dragons can? So when do I get to Res????
    JayneAs soon as you take Cleric or Healer high enough. All bi-peds can rez.

Hiya Buddy! Hope all is well.

What Jayne was referring to is the fact that she plays Berzerker passionately. Not all Biped's can rez. All Biped's can meet the life requirement to cast a rez but they may not meet the class requirement.
    Heya, 12! Things are good here, I hope all is well with you too [:D]

That is a good point about Jayne. I did recall she played a plate class exclusively, could not recall which one. You know how us Dragons are, bi-peds all look alike to us [:P]

My point was simply that she had the choice to switch to a school that allowed Rez, whereas Dragons did not. Granted, I do not agree with the upcoming implementation of it, and from that perspective I agree with her. In order to play the class she likes she had to choose rez-free. Dragons should have the same level of decision to make, although with Dragon specific schools and not simply by giving Dragons bi-ped schools like in Beta.

Sure, rez will be handy, but I would gladly give that up in order to get some healthy diversity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelvebagger
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Theolaerynn wrote:

SoG would be the only location I'dalmost demanda healing type class. Only exception would be if you're initials are P and J, in which case you don't need a healer.. or a mage, or a shaman, or a dragon. . . . . . . . .The outpost can get nasty as well, but enough damage does the trick there.
    That was pretty much the only fight I could think of too. Everything else seemed more along the lines of 'nice to have a healer along when one happens to be in the group, but definitely not worth asking around for or switching classes to provide'. I don't think hunting should be crippled by lack of any one class, but I think the advantage should be large enough that people would actively seek it out before adjusting tactics to make do.

- Albert Einstein

My point was simply that she had the choice to switch to a school that allowed Rez, whereas Dragons did not. Granted, I do not agree with the upcoming implementation of it, and from that perspective I agree with her. In order to play the class she likes she had to choose rez-free. Dragons should have the same level of decision to make, although with Dragon specific schools and not simply by giving Dragons bi-ped schools like in Beta.
    and you'll get it.

In addition, we are now developing new quest-based schools for Ancient Dragons. This will allow players to make choices about how they wish to specialize their Ancient Dragons in a similar way to how the other 10 races currently multi-school. Our goal is not to make the Dragons the same as the other races, but to provide an interesting way to further progress this uniquely Horizons player experience.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

if dragons are those who bipeds copied the magical arts from why would we not have developed a rez spell?

If you want to talk about classes and what they deserve why does a class like druid, spiritist, andbloodmage get to use rez? shouldn't it be exclusive to a cleric and paladin?
    Hell why does a warrior even have a single heal spell?

My point is this is horizons not d&amp;d the devs can give whoever they want, whatever the hell they want. All they can do is model the game to fit what they see as balance. Maybe in the future we will see futher restricted specialization to create the feel of diversification, butthat day isnot today, and todaythey want to give dragons a rez ability so your just going to have to deal with it.

PJ, it sounded to me like all Dragons will get rez just for being Ancient. I would rather see it restricted to healing specific schools.

Quote Originally Posted by oluviel
    if dragons are those who bipeds copied the magical arts from why would we not have developed a rez spell?

If you want to talk about classes and what they deserve why does a class like druid, spiritist, andbloodmage get to use rez? shouldn't it be exclusive to a cleric and paladin?
    Hell why does a warrior even have a single heal spell?
    Assuming this is in reply to me, if you read my post this is exactly what I am saying. Dragons should have a Rez spell, just limited to a healing specific school. Bi-peds should have the same restriction, if the healing school isn't active, then it doesn't seem like they should be able to rez. Oh, and you forgot Healer in your list of classes that should have Rez (since they are the prestige school of Clerics, after all).

And as for the Dev part, sure, it is their game and their rules. I am simply stating my opinion.

These games come down to pride, in my experience. Some form of accomplishment. Some want to be the most powerful, some want to be the best crafter, some want to be the best tanks, some want to be the best healer, ad infinitum. I know of several people that left because the most important thing was being able to customize clothing. When they switched games they did so (and quite excitedly) due to being able to wear a Guild Tabard over their armor.

There is simply no way to please everyone. However, a common denominator I see is being able to have pride in ones character, which frequently comes down to being able to differentiate one character from the next. By clothing and armor, or class, or abilities, or some tangible way that a person can say 'My character is (really good)/(the best) at (something)'. 'I have the best equipment', 'I have this uber-rare loot', 'I am the best Warior', 'My style is so good people are on a waiting list to buy my outfits', 'I have placed construction blocks on all 4 Satyr Mines', and on and on.

People typically want something to brag about. That is harder to do when there is little diversity.

- Albert Einstein

PJ, it sounded to me like all Dragons will get rez just for being Ancient. I would rather see it restricted to healing specific schools..
    I still defend Helian should get Rez and Lunus the Fear. it would fit with their phylosophy.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Dragoniade wrote:
    > I still defend Helian should get Rez and Lunus the Fear. it would fit with their
    > phylosophy.

you know.. i agree with that...

and yes, could we have a posting of the corrected form of spiked scales VIII?

i really don't have much to add here. i can see using some of these abilities despite the hoard cost, but not very often. however, i have to agree.. i still miss vital strike, i would much prefer to have the option of using either the lesser non-hoard-using ability or the improved hoard ability instead of not having a choice.

and yeah... i still miss having AoE breath since i had it for nearly a year... you kindof miss things like that... "stealth" changes .. yeah. not happy. if you're going to do stuff like that, let us know, don't just keep quiet and try to slip it in and hope no one notices. we _will_ notice. honestly, i don't see the point to not having it anymore, either.
    flame burst on a 5-minute timer would have been fine..
    maybe 3 minutes for ancient.
    *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by dorrin

and yes, could we have a posting of the corrected form of spiked scales VIII?
    If we go by the normal standard of silence on an issue something is probably wrong with the ability. Either balance/coding or whatever.

to answer a previous question, rez is an ability, with a 1 hour timer, but does NOT reset when you relog.
    This page intentionally left blank.

Sorry I'm of the opinoin that ALL dragons should get a rez ability..

We are not bipeds - we are more like "jack of all general stuffs". I disagree that dragon rez ability should be limited to dragon "healers" *assuming there ever are any*. NOW - a BETTER dragon rez/heal abilities can be teh doman of dragon "healers" (if they ever exist).

But a simple rez - drop the death point reduction - DROP THE TIMER FOR GOD"S SAKE! - to be available for all ANCIENTS (this isn't your level 20 biped who just plays cleric awhile and bam gets rez). Heck yea!!

But a one hour timer - for #*(&amp;#$ sake!

Screw you Lunus's - you gotta take a biped if you go do anything remotely challenging. Heaven forbid more than half of you wipe. Your rez is now useless to some of you - SOMEONE has to recall and fly back. Or at least half have to in order to rez the other half.

Screw dragon groups - same reason (or say dragon guilds who like to group as their guildmates and not with their guildmates alts for the sake of staying alive and having a rez ability).

One hour?! 10 minutes maybe but one hour!!?

ugg - so severely disappointed - again. So many times I get happy hearing what's coming "ooh ancient's prolly get a rez yea yea finally at least SOME of us won't alwys have to recall and fly back and entire party constantly" and then get undercut...

an hour retimer...ugg. that just plain sucks.

I think the one hour timer is pretty good seeing the bonuses this type rez has. But I think all dragons ought to also have a normal rez just like the standard rez spell, maybe something you could get a quest for when you hit level 30 or so.

OK, don't mind them adding new and improved abilities that cost hoard. But these shouldn't eliminate the old ones, if I want to use my pitiful free drain strike then I should be able to. By replacing the free ones with hoard burners is just wrong.

100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Theolaerynn wrote:PJ, it sounded to me like all Dragons will get rez just for being Ancient. I would rather see it restricted to healing specific schools..

I still defend Helian should get Rez and Lunus the Fear. it would fit with their phylosophy.
    I disagree. I have never liked trying to cram people into the Lunus=melee, Helian=caster mold. The factions are supposed to be about a dragon's stance on bipeds, not how you fight. It would be fine if you had to make a choice to learn one of two abilities, or make rez part of a dragon healerish class that either faction could choose to join or not.
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

Just realised this still said Ice....oopsie

Hoard cost added to a line that previously never required hoard? Seems harsh imo. Refering to Drain Strike.
    Give Unity the support it deserves!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra
    Hoard cost added to a line that previously never required hoard? Seems harsh imo. Refering to Drain Strike.
    No its worth having a hoard cost if the improvement is big enough. For instance, dragons didn't use to have Silver Strike. Prior to that we had an attack (I forget the name of it) that cost no hoard but only delivered one hit with a much smaller damage boost. The old attack did only about 1/4 of the damage of the current Silver Strike and was really pretty pathetic. The devs replaced it with the vastly better Silver Strike which in addition to being much more powerful has a quite reasonable hoard cost.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Quote Originally Posted by Manga
    Drain Strike 8

[img]../images/temp/drain_strike_8.jpg[/img]
    A typical claw hit does what 130-160 damage? So this would heal maybe 260-320 per use? Not that good considering it can only be used once per minute. This isn't likely to make much difference in combat. Still it could be useful for boss fights. Probably not worth using on regular monsters though.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Vignar

Not that good? It is huge improvement over or current..What? 60pt heal? 260 a min is excellent. Not sure about that 200 hoard cost though, seem so small that it wont make any difference. Hoard a single trophy and you make it up+

Thread Information