Thread: Looking to be famous? Come Blog!!

Default Looking to be famous? Come Blog!!

Everyone wants their "15 minutes of fame" in life, right? Well what better way to get it than create it for yourself? If you're here and reading this forum that means that, like me, you enjoy playing Horizons. Maybe not every waking breathing free moment you have of the day the way I would like to, but at least sometimes. So why not share your experiences with others? Take a few moments each week to tell your own personal Istarian story.

Whether you are a "roleplayer", "hard core gamer", or "casual player", or somewhere in between, GI.net could use your help. We have a few people who blog for us currently, but we are always looking for more. Blogging only has to take a few minutes a week and is a great way to share your own experience with others.

If you're interested in seeing our blogs so far, visit the gamersinfo.net website. Better yet, become a blogger yourself. Write to me, [email protected] or [email protected] and become a blogger yourself. (Note that "velea" in my email address is spelled differently from "valea" my username on the forums. Even the best of us make typos that we have to live with, and I'm far from the best. ;))

Default Re: Looking to be famous? Come Blog!!

Blogging is all very new to me. Can you give me info on it, in laymens terms please?

Danke

Ophelea

It's sorta like an online public diary. It's very informal. It's about whatever you want it to be.

In the case of the blogs Velea is asking about, you simply talk about your game time. The idea is to give anyone curious about Horizons somewhere to read about what it's like to play - good and bad. Some of the posts are 3 lines, some are three pages. Denrath loves to posts lots of pictures; Oaklief loves to talk about game mechanics; Velea loves to muse about how to make things better.

Really, it's just "what I did tonight and what I think about it and OMG, this was cool, but this really sucked!"

Best explaination I can give...is an example!

http://blogs.gamersinfo.net/index.php/hz
    Denrath, Lunus Ancient of Order

The hooplah surrounding weblogs (aka "blogs/blogging") is a fad.

Seriously, now, whose life is interesting enough for people to sift through a daily journal looking to give someone their "15 minutes of fame"?

Keeping a daily journal/diary is cool. Even publishing some of it on the Internet can be interesting to share with others, but anyone who expects fame and fortune from it is in for a big letdown.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Ophelea

No fame and fortune. Just talking about the game you love...

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    The hooplah surrounding weblogs (aka "blogs/blogging") is a fad.

Seriously, now, whose life is interesting enough for people to sift through a daily journal looking to give someone their "15 minutes of fame"?

Keeping a daily journal/diary is cool. Even publishing some of it on the Internet can be interesting to share with others, but anyone who expects fame and fortune from it is in for a big letdown.
    I just do it to get the word out about Horizons. If it works, great. *Shrugs*

Am I expecting any kind of fame from it? Heck no.
    Denrath, Lunus Ancient of Order

Cool... I will start...

Week1: Collect 30K resources and store on consigners

Week X: Same as week 1

Week 40: Start transmuting resources to T6

Week 41: Apply T6 resources to T6 house

That will be my story for the next 8 months [:D]
    Sajid,
    Lone Lizard of the Apocalypse

Champions of Honor

Quote Originally Posted by Sajid
    Cool... I will start...

Week1: Collect 30K resources and store on consigners

Week X: Same as week 1

Week 40: Start transmuting resources to T6

Week 41: Apply T6 resources to T6 house

That will be my story for the next 8 months [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]
    hehe

Thread Information