Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blight in General

Default Blight in General

Ok all Im not big on posting on here ,, but I do read the forums alot, PVP on blight is kinda a good thing and OK with the vast majority on Blight.
    There are a number on Blight that make that our home and very seldem venture to live.
    Do us a favor when you log into Blight there is a chat room that W.M Illyist set up called Arena for you to see if anyone is wanting to PVP, please dont ask in O.B chat unless your going bonkers finding no one to PVP with, You all have to understand that we have have in the past had some issues with people from "live" comming over and robbing us blind , alot of Blight players used to leave our GH's open adn all our silos open to help each other out with stuff, I know this is unheard of on live, a vast majority of us have got burnt one time or another from bad apples from live, so we tend to have jaded feeling fromthis.
    Please understand BLIGHT is OUR home, in as much as live is your alls home, but on Blight , we know everyone that is on there we know there names the phone numbers their email address the names of thier pets.
    One time I had REALLY bad chest pain and several on Blight were willing to call 911 in my area to help me , When my dad had a heat attack I recived emails from them wishing best wishes for him, we are not just a server with guilds we are all a team together so please respect us when you come here , Was gonna say more but, Im late as it is, AndyB
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

Default Re: Blight in General

good grief...prepare for the onlslaught of blighters postin about all the people on THEIR server.Their is much I would like to post..none of it is positive so I shall keep my trap shut. Suffice to say...please respect US too as we visit YOUR home.

Vanguard Faction
    "We suck less than the rest !"
    "Beauty fades...Dumb is forever"
    "Don't pee on my leg and then tell me it's raining"
    www.lhguild.com

cant respect when 500 mith bars on a connie for a friend are taken and sold to the pb across the street by yas.. a few people ruin it for everyone, just a fact
    Playing since release.
    4th to complete RoP.
    Purely Lunus.
    Dragor Firestrike - (Nobody to play with.)

I understand your feelings; you have a uniquely close group, and Illyist's frequent presence sure doesn't hurt either. I have always enjoyed my too infrequent visits.

The rare thefts on Live were pretty upsetting, although they have not happened for quite a while. That may be because the miscreants left, or because the property locks have been debugged.
    And yes, I'm just glad to see you, that's NOT a silo in my pocket.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragor
    cant respect when 500 mith bars on a connie for a friend are taken and sold to the pb across the street by yas.. a few people ruin it for everyone, just a fact
    You mean someone bought those mith bars off the Connie?? I'm stuned !! Who would imagine seeing something on consignment and actualy buying it?? You're right ..I think they should close the server to the public and only let a select ..well filtered few in to play thatwon't buy anything on the connies !! Those Chaos peeps...I tell ya..can't trust em as far as you can throw em. Should just close the server as they are all thieves and exploiters !! Uh..oh..wait * does some quick math*....would yall mind paying $246.45 per month to play?? ..cause that's what will be needed to keep the Hz world online.

* sarcasim off *
    Now..I agree....I was rude for someone to buy those bars...I wouldn't have knowing they were probably there for someone else. I can't see the crime in one buying them though..as they were on the connie and that's the risk YOU took. It may have been a small risk due to the small population on Blight..but a risk non the less. Don't blame a whole server for YOUR bad luck. Without Chaos accounts you wouldn't have a connie ..or game..to place any mith bars on to begin with.

Vanguard Faction
    www.lhguild.com

Goatboy

Umm, ok, I think there is enough of enough. We do not blame all our problems on live. We appreciate the fact that other servers pay the vast majority of the bills. We also appreciate that everyone wants to try out new stuff. All that is cool.
    True the stuff was on a connie oops.... oh well. That is not the real issue.

The real issue is that here lately we have had an aweful lot of players coming over from live that areacting a complete fool,getting rude with the resident players and then griping thatnobody willhelp them.Despite various accusations, we are not elite twits nor are we hostile to new players. We simply don't like the people who are rude and obnoxious and find no reason to help them.

Mind you the vast majority of players that visit us from live are wonderful respectable peeps who we will step far and away out of our way to help. I have personally equipped a few dozen people who came over from live just because they were such great peeps. We just want more great peeps from live ...... and fewer rude little farts. So rude little farts be warned ..... and great peeps be welcome !!!

Reshii

Quote Originally Posted by Goatboy
    Mind you the vast majority of players that visit us from live are wonderful respectable peeps who we will step far and away out of our way to help.

That is very true. And even some of them offer to help us, which we greatly appreciate it. I infact, have had a few people offer to help me out with ARoP even though I'm not up to it. So we're not saying all of you are rude.

Bad things happen regardless of which shard you play on. Placing blame on a particular group of people when there is sufficient evidence to back up such claims is one thing, but this topic has turned into a bit of a brawl.

We learn lessons, we take measures to ensure a particular problem won't affect us more than once if we can help it. I encourage those of you on Blight shard who are "the regulars" (in other words, have levelled your way up from the beginning on Blight and are not copied from another shard) consider changing your plot permissions to a friends list and only placing the other regulars on that list. It will have the downside of preventing anyone not on the list from accessing machines located there, but you will all be able to safely transfer resources and equipment being used for testing between each other without concern about an unknown third party taking advantage of an open door.

Keep the rest of this topic civil, I'm still contemplating if any particular poster deserves a warning in this instance. Don't make my mind up for me.

Regards,

Entilzah

Quote Originally Posted by Thamoris
    You mean someone bought those mith bars off the Connie?? I'm stuned !! Who would imagine seeing something on consignment and actualy buying it??
    okay take my post hostile your only making yourself look bad, how am i supost to know you guys dont use connies for services like that? i dont play on live because when i started there originally nobody talked, everyone just kind of ran around doing whatever, so i honestly dont know what you guys do or dont do
    Playing since release.
    4th to complete RoP.
    Purely Lunus.
    Dragor Firestrike - (Nobody to play with.)

Quote Originally Posted by Thamoris
    good grief...prepare for the onlslaught of blighters postin about all the people on THEIR server.Their is much I would like to post..none of it is positive so I shall keep my trap shut. Suffice to say...please respect US too as we visit YOUR home.
    No, it isn't our shard, it's Tulga's, just like theother shards are. A community, however, is made of players, not programs, and the Blight community *is* ours.

The regular players of Blight are pretty much, in essence, a guild that superceeds the various player guilds. After all, the population on Blight is probably lower than some player guilds on live. When a popular item comes on, such as the Arena, ARoP, and lairs, the influx of people from live pretty much overwhelms us. The "invasion" of styles and ways isn't necessarliy wrong or right, just different.

Two things seem to have happened here, the consignment issue and a chat channel one. As said in an earlier post, we will learn from our mistakes. No, a public consigner should not be used as storage. That's something that we had just gotten used to doing and as long as it stayed within our community, it worked. We put something very valuable at an unreasonably low cost on a consigner to trade sometimes because of the huge difference in time zones in our limited population. Normally this is not a problem, but since we cannot really tell when a popular item will be coming on for testing, we can get "caught" with some things in transit. As another point here, true newcomers would not really have the resources to buy large amounts of valuable items from a connie. The new copying ability that brings players over with large amounts of coin is something we will have to adjust to.

We created the Blight Regular chat channel because sometimes we talk about things that we do not want people we don't really know to hear. We are not all in the same player guild so this gives us away to talk to all without re-typing everything. Since Old Blight is monitored by Illy, we understand the need for you to join and talk about things in that channel. I think we thoughta channel called "Blight Regulars" would be somewhat self-explanatory. It isn't that we are snobs, we montor the Old Blight channel as well. We will respond to greetings and help requests there if we can.

Since our entire community is soguild-like, we try to be friendly, yet cautious with newcomers. As with most guilds, we try to get to know a player before "inviting" them to be a part of the group. We usually let a player "pick up" on the courtesies and ways of the community through seeing examples and asking questions. Many live players have done this and it is most appreciated. We do not wish to force our playing "style" on them and, of course, have no wish to have it forced upon us.

In the specific cases of the consignment issue and the chat ban, I'm not trying to justify how they were handled. There is always room for improvement in communication it seems. I am simply trying to give an idea of what our community is and how it works for us.

Flsssssh
    Blight's Redemption
    Flsssssh Rsssssst
    The appointed "Rhyming Rhapsodizer" of Blight
    Former Guild Leader of Blight's Conclave of Shadows

That was a good post Flssssh. I appreciate the time and thought that went into it. I would like to state that I have no idea what your are talking about in regards to the blight channel part of it though. I haven't played on blight in many .. many months. That part of the post seems to refer to a particular incident of which I was not a part of. My post was really based on other posts I've seen posted here and there. I made the post after a bad day at work...in the future I will try harder to be more objective and less critical. The truth is...my pride was stepped on as I have great respect and admiration for my Chaos server and have taken offense on several occasions as I have read posts from various Blight players. With that said.. Perhaps some good can come from this thread in that it may at least raise awareness. Suffice to say... you are right..itis your community and Isimply had never thought of it in that light before. I would probably understand it all better if I played within that community. My post was short sighted and not particularly well thought out. For this I apologize to the Blight community. It was written out of emotion more than logic. I will remember not to post after a bad day at work anymore.

Vanguard Faction
    www.lhguild.com

<bows to Thamoris> Ya must be a Dwarf. That was right honorable of ya!

Let me buy you an ale! [B]
    Bori Grimbattle --->The Dwarf
    Sinistre Azazael---> The Fiend
    Adramaleck Flerious--->The Dragon

~Mystic Blades~
    ~Jambi,Order~

No problems, Thamoris :) May your glasses toastthe players of *all* shards. (and to better days at work!) I know how special the Blight community is to me and have no doubt that you feel the same for yours.

Cheers! [B]

Flsssssh
    Blight's Redemption
    Flsssssh Rsssssst
    The appointed "Rhyming Rhapsodizer" of Blight
    Former Guild Leader of Blight's Conclave of Shadows

Darkgloom

What's really funny is... Tham IS a dwarf, lol.

On my side of things, I can't really say much, as I haven't been playin' long. All I really know is, Horizons is growin' in leaps and bounds and ,with a friendly warning to both shards, we had better be prepared for the onslaught of new players sure to come. We may have to adjust here and there, not taking things for granted as always being the same on our shards, because with a large influx of new players, some on Chaos, some on Blight, come a loss to that "coziness" that so many have gotten used to. And, although some may not want to, we must all do our best to make all of these new people feel welcome in our communities and in order to do that we must put safeguards in place for ourselves to avoid any confusion, like not using connies as warehouses. We are more used to it on Chaos, but I assume that soon Blight may not be as "private" as it once was. Did ya ever stop to think, that the person that took the stuff out of the connie may not have known any better and may have thought that it was just a great deal, being new? We can expect many changes in Istaria, not just from the Devs, but from the changes that come from an enlarged community as well.

Darkgloom

I totally agree with your sig Darkgloom!

But you spelled "knot" wrong, and thats not an opinion :)

Jayne

I copied over to Blight to play with lairs...and I ended up staying. While I liked Chaos, and have no hard feelings, I just love the lower population on Blight. MP on Chaos would end up in debates a lot more often than I cared for--thus far, the biggest argument I've had on Blight was about a suggestion I had--the majority shooting it down. Turns out my mouse sensitivity is 6-7x greator than most peoples, which caused me to click off 'Customize' instead of 'delete' when working with bonus resources(especially bad when working with gems).
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

Darkgloom

Thanks Jayne![:D] Fixed that "knot" in my knickers.[:P]

Darkgloom

Dravatar

Duly noted Darkgloom. Blight has already seen an increase in the "normal" population. In fact, we have an entire guild moving over from the live shards, I believe and we welcome them.

I actually anticipate this to happen more often simply because Blight will maintain its status as a test server. The already tested code of live puts our best foot forward to new players, in my opinion. As the live shards fill, Blight will become more attractive to those wanting a bit more room and have the patience to help test.

Blight is a test server only, and should not have people treating it as their main play server imho.

Why?

As a test server, TG have to have the ability to take it up and down when they feel like rather than the once per week on chaos/order. New features could easily mean bugs causing items to be lost, or hell, whole chr wipes.

People that decide to make blight their main server will then start complaining to TG about it and wanting items replaced etc.... and CS's time should not be wasted on a test server.

Thats just my 10 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexxus
    As a test server, TG have to have the ability to take it up and down when they feel like rather than the once per week on chaos/order. New features could easily mean bugs causing items to be lost, or hell, whole chr wipes.
    When you make a character on Blight, there's a blurb that spells all that out. If you proceed to make a character, you assume the risk. The people who make their home there know what the score is. Even a test server needs full-time residents, however. How do you expect to test things like housing if the population is transient? How many people would give up a plot on a regular server in order to buy one on Blight, unless they are playing there full-time?
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Thread Information