Thread: Profile of Rawdge at Gamersinfo.net

Default Profile of Rawdge at Gamersinfo.net

"Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Just realised this still said Ice....oopsie

Default Re: Profile of Rawdge at Gamersinfo.net

"More fun than a slinky on an escalator."

Someone point me in the direction of the nearest escalator, I really want to try it!
    Give Unity the support it deserves!

It was an excellent, informative read. Thanks!

(Rawdge ... The Elegant Universe is one of my absolute favorite
    non-fiction books [Y])
    Got Cowbell?

I appreciated reading that interview, good to learn more about what Rawdge's involvement with the game entails. Keep it coming, these interviews are great for informing both potential new players about the game and providing us long-time players with information we didn't know previously [:)]

Interesting read. Personally I like the part about remembering that "your job is to put fun and entertainment in a box." I'm glad that the developers remember that, and I think players need to be reminded of that sometimes too. These games are supposed to be fun and entertaining, not additional life stress. ;)

Great interview Ophelea and Rawdge (how do you pronounce Rawdge anyway?)

I can confirm the fun of ferrets on wood. I have friends with a 50' long sprung wood ballroom floor, inlaid wood, very lovely. The original builders of the house had at least three ferrets (hard to count weasels, they keep moving). You could fold one up in your hand and do a gentle bowling style toss. The ferret would slide about thirty feet, scrabble to a stop, and come running back for more, in its little hump-backed bouncing gait.

I note the interview didn't mention the perk Rawdge gets of being able to come into the game, taunt us all, and fling monsters at us. *grin* Though maybe that comes under "putting fun in a box."

-Levity Merrel

Nova alsodid an excellent Documentary on the Elegant universe. Horrah for PBS! Don't know if i could handle the book though. The whole theory was a bit...odd...
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
    100/100 Dragon
    Following the Path of Lunus
    Journeyman Lairshaper
    -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-

Oh, Rawdge, if you are reading Goedel, Escher, Bach, I hope you will go on to Metamagical Themas. I can't remember which of the two has the foreign translations of Jabberwocky, but the German one is brilliant!

Maybe you can sneak in some of it to a small bit of lore ... name an NPC from it or something. A slimy roguish character named Schlichten? (German version of Slithy :) )

-Levity Merrel

Ophelea

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    Oh, Rawdge, if you are reading Goedel, Escher, Bach, I hope you will go on to Metamagical Themas. I can't remember which of the two has the foreign translations of Jabberwocky, but the German one is brilliant!
    Metamagical Themas...wow, I haven't heard that title in years! (hubby keeps G, E & B on his nightstand)

So when do we see a ferret monster in the game?

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Quote Originally Posted by Valea
    (how do you pronounce Rawdge anyway?)
    Well, in English, it's "raw" + "j". Think of saying "raw edge" without the "eh" at the beginning of "edge".

Very nice read. Sorry to hear that you are allergic to ferrets, Rawdge, but hopefully one day.... They are some of the cutest, craziest, strangest, most evil beasts I have ever seen as pets. Sometimes, even more moody than cats. Love you for a while, try to bite you a minute later, ignore you a minute after that, climb up your back and sleep on your shoulders, and then decide to play tug of war with your hair.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Valea wrote:(how do you pronounce Rawdge anyway?)

Well, in English, it's "raw" + "j". Think of saying "raw edge" without the "eh" at the beginning of "edge".

Very nice read. Sorry to hear that you are allergic to ferrets, Rawdge, but hopefully one day.... They are some of the cutest, craziest, strangest, most evil beasts I have ever seen as pets. Sometimes, even more moody than cats. Love you for a while, try to bite you a minute later, ignore you a minute after that, climb up your back and sleep on your shoulders, and then decide to play tug of war with your hair.
    Yes, you've got it. That's the correct pronunciation. As for the ferrets, thats exactly why you gotta love them. They're like tiny, more temperamental versions of children.... uh, with claws.. and sharp teeth..[:^)]

"I will take my brush from the warpaint,
    My foot from the warpath
    When you understand
    It is sadness that drives the wrath..."
    Buffalo
    Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers

Hey! Kids have claws and sharp teeth too! [:^)]

Thread Information