Thread: Personal Messages

imported_Kepesk

Default Personal Messages

One thing I would love to see in Horizons is some sort of system so that a player could leave personal messages for another who is offline. Maybe even in some form of roleplay context like sending mail. I find myself constantly wanting to leave messages to friends who I have little other way of contacting (they don't read boards, I don't know their e-mail, etc.) about, for example, the leftover metal I have in a silo that they can use. It would be really great if some sort of system could be set up to facilitate this, but I imagine it would be a huge effort and therefore low priority. Still, in a community-based game such as this, it would be nice to see. :)

-Your friendly neighborhood stripey dragon

Default Re: Personal Messages

Yes. Offline tells like icq and stuff would be nice for example.
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

Heck, my memory is so bad that sometimes I wish I could jot little in-game notes to myself, too!

Mail Boxes

Another spin:

Chat Changes

It's sad really. Maybe someday eh?

Mail is probably one of the biggest fluff things we are missing. I wonder how far back it is on the list.

Yes mail is the biggest thing that is lacking, WoW has a super mail system that even permit sending cash & items via the mail that is also link to the global auction board .... You guys shokould have a look., That type set-up rocks.

I know .. I hate comparing to other game, but when we trerribly lacking something and someone has a good example I like to mention the example.
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Quote Originally Posted by cattoy
    Heck, my memory is so bad that sometimes I wish I could jot little in-game notes to myself, too!
    yes, this would be good too. and I see no reason why it would take too long to implement once the big stuff is nearing completion. back when I had a lot of construction work, i had to jot down lists of plots and names and coordinates... which I would have liked to type out ingame for easy access.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

And an expansion on this idea is basically a Guild message board; it can sit inside the guild house and you'd click on it to review the messages left there. Houses can do this as well on a limited basis, but that's dependant on the above.

Still, I think this is defintly on the pony list.

Thread Information