Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blight Patch - 9/21/05

Default Blight Patch - 9/21/05

The following updates, fixes and additions will be added to the Blight shard on September 21st, 2005.

Updates/Additions: [*]The Ancient Rite of Passage completes?[*]Reffis Ironforge, a Jeweler, has begun offering his services on the island of New Trismus . He can be found in the Jewelers Workshop outside of the village.[*]Tools are now able to be dyed via Weapon and Tool Dye Kits[*]

Currently up to 274 Dragon Lair Plots on Blight[/list]

Changes/Fixes: [*]Scout quest ?Collect Crystal Materials? now properly tells you to bring 5 CUT Amethyst.[*]Fixed a bug with Eilen the Mage which prevented her from selling goods.[*]Corrected Ice Bolt and Improved Ice Bolt spells so that they are techable by the proper tiered techniques.[*]Skill ranges for Minimum and Optimal corrected on Beginner and Journeyman Festival Fireworks formulas.[*]Spelling and set number on Trubel's ?Summoner's Song? jewelry set corrected.[*]?Feladan-in-Exile? quest items updated to refer to Eujean instead of Lorant.[*]Description of Blood Skulk Fin updated.[*]Level 6 Wild Gruok now has treasure.[*]Brown Spiders on New Trismus will now drop appropriate loot items.[*]Expert Blight Protection will now produce 2 Blight Protection V potions instead of 1. Number of Blighted Shining Essence Orbs required corrected, optimal skill level corrected, and XP adjusted. Minimum skill required to scribe the formula also corrected.[*]Blight Protection V potion will now grant the proper augmentation.[*]Nature Tokens now refer to the Nature Keeper rather than the Lore Keeper.[*]Beginner Sand formula now requires Stoneworking instead of Sculpting to scribe.[*]Correction from Last Patch:[*]Beginner, Journeyman, and Expert Anvils will now provide a bonus to Scalecrafting.[*]Beginner, Journeyman, and Expert Cauldrons will now provide a bonus to Enchanting.[*]Beginner, Journeyman, and Expert Distilleries will now provide a bonus to Tanning.[*]Grandfather Yew Trees are no longer selectable. Blame AA0.[/list]
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Blight Patch - 9/20/05

As odd as it sounds, but this update hasn't gone to blight yet.

I wonder when it will go live.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Default Re: Blight Patch - 9/21/05

Additional patch notes from Fridlekh|TG in IRC

PREVIOUSLY MISSING ASSETS FIXED:
    water shader
    tower of sorcery torches
    gem shinyness shaders
    blinky tree lights
    dragon claw equipment slot icon
    'present' icon used in Lost Knowledge quest.
    UI Notify sound
    Teleport sounds
    male and female satyr ghost sounds
    male and female undead satyr sounds
    bow prepare, crossbow release, and various spell sounds were missing.
    campfire attach def

CLIENT ASSET CHANGES:
    wolves will now howl sometimes when idle.
    zombies will now express interest in higher thinking while wandering.
    vexators now have sounds assoiated.
    blobshadow shader fixes.
    one of the cargo disks wasn't floating.
    a few emote typos, and animation fixes.
    characters will now turn their heads when the camera is rotated around the player.
    iteminfo window can now be resized

DATABASE CHANGES:
    thornwood and yew are no longer the only shillelaghs that look like their icon.
    some other stuff I'm sure I forgot.

Clarification for Rowr's post. These are asset changes and are not part of the patch notes initially posted (which is a database patch).

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

yay for zombies and brains!

And don't blame me..

Quote Originally Posted by Rowr
    zombies will now express interest in higher thinking while wandering.
    The appropriate lyrics quote, I believe, would be "if I only had a brain". [:P]

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Rhaiannon

actually kumu, the quest is done, im ancient on blight.

They are just fine tuning the quest difficulty and i think they are adding the stats with this patch.

As well as the proper ancient model

characters will now turn their heads when the camera is rotated around the player.
    Neat. Lots of good little changes.

[Y]

OK AAO, what did you do to get them to stop letting us harvest the Grandfather Yews ????
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

He kept whining about the idiosyncrasy of being about to select them, but not being able to do anything else with them, like harvest/attack/etc.[:P]

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

I always wondered why I could select them but couldn't figure out why...
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Manga

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Amon Gwareth wrote:[*]The Ancient Rite of Passage completes?[/list]

Fool me once, Shame on you. Fool me twice, Shame on Me.

You shall not fool me again!
    What we patched out were the final Ancient Template stats and abilities as well as the final tweaked Ancient models (when the update gets applied today). The ARoP quest has been complete for some time now, as there are Ancients currently on Blight.

The ARoP Quest Series spans almost 50 quests and about 480 individual quest steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Manga
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Kumu Honua wrote:[img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Amon Gwareth wrote:[*]The Ancient Rite of Passage completes?[/list]

Fool me once, Shame on you. Fool me twice, Shame on Me.

You shall not fool me again!

What we patched out were the final Ancient Template stats and abilities as well as the final tweaked Ancient models (when the update gets applied today). The ARoP quest has been complete for some time now, as there are Ancients currently on Blight.

The ARoP Quest Series spans almost 50 quests and about 480 individual quest steps.
    I suppose that depends on how one defines "complete", in the absence of other qualifiers. When you use generic terms, the interpretation is left to the perception of the reader.

As a player, a generic "complete" means that it is ALL in the can, including final testing. Kinda like when something is considered "going gold" or RTM.

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    He kept whining about the idiosyncrasy of being about to select them, but not being able to do anything else with them, like harvest/attack/etc.[:P]
    Actually, thats incorrect. My complaint was during the ebon raids, large numbers of ebon golems and knights would patrol that area. The Grandfather yew binding boxes were so massive you could not pick anything but the grandfather yews, and the groups were very difficult to kill unless you could tank the whole group of ebons.

Yeah, it was a joke.

You'll note the [:P].

[:P]

t3 and 4 versions of Ice Bolt and Improved Ice Bolt only take 1 tech instead of 2
    t5 versions of Ice Bolt and Improved Ice Bolt only take 1 tech instead of 3

Eileen is now selling two copies of each formula.

Manga

Those who were curious about the Template updates here is the information.

(A note about the other stats/attributes, those change made available with Ancient Dragon schools.)

Inate Base Stats Boosts

Flight Height of 2000 max
    Power +75
    Strength +50
    Focus +15

New Passive Abilities

Drulkar's Scales 133% Armor
    Dimensional Mastery I +500 Capacity
    Drulkar's Wing's Fly Speed Increase (think sprint in air)
    Breath of Flame Burst I - Area of Effect Flame Breath Attack
    The Abilities above will have need a special process added to the delta to appear on the Ancient's that are already Ancient on blight. Ancients created from this new template will have all the above abilities.

*Item of note: The quest that will go to live will ask the dragons to turn in their head scale of the ancients before turning into ancient.

sweet jebus

Thread Information