Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ancient : Size of model is now very small and I look like an adult to all NPCs.

Razon

Default Re: Ancient : Size of model is now very small and I look like an adult to all NPCs.

The Ancient model was slightly reduced in size (15%) to aid with visibility and selection issues. It is still noticably larger than an Adult. You have to realize Azure was comparing himself, who is set to the smallest size possible, to an NPC Adult, which are set to the largest size possible.
    Ok, here is my problem with that. First off, my dragon is at the larget possible. When I compare my self to an adult. The ONLY realy noticeable diffrence is the neck. If I stand side-by-side with an adult, there IS a somewhat noticeable change.

However! If I stand by my self, not near any other adult, I STILL look like an adult in comparison to Size!

This issue never came into my mind with the old models. In all honesty, I DONT CARE about theselection issue. An ancient dragon should tower, TOWER, over adults. They should see the noticable size diffrence, not a some what neglagable one.

And for the peds out there who will compain about the selection, or visablityissue, I say DEAL WITH IT! If you dont like the selection issue, then dont go near an Ancient dragon.

Default Re: Ancient : Size of model is now very small and I look like an adult to all NPCs.

I too am at max size, because I feel that Dragons should be large. They are in all the books I have read, all the movies I have seen, and all the stories I have heard. This is what was shown to us, and this I had for a couple of days.

Now, we are like a bad beer commercial. Only it isn't less filling with the same great taste, it is less filling and tastes like ******.

I have hunted with bi-peds on Blight, in Ancient form, and have been told that it was actually easier to see what was going on than it was while fighting with Adult Dragons.

So what is the point of this nerf, again? It isn't the artwork, that was already working. Any fine tuning could be done at the mythical date when Dragon Schools are to be released.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Theolaerynn
    I have hunted with bi-peds on Blight, in Ancient form, and have been told that it was actually easier to see what was going on than it was while fighting with Adult Dragons.
    In that case I recind my statemet. I didn't think about the fact that they could see and walk cleanly underneath us now.
    Lumineux Talar

Ugh! Don't like the smaller model.

Unzip the following into your horizons folder to get the old size back (but still using the new model)

http://www.goodboy.mygamesite.net/ho...al_ancient.zip

Will go back to the original ancients!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I've been asking around for a way to return to what felt like it looked right for the longest time! <3 love!
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

what can I say to this but ; [:'(]
    and some more; [:'(]

Please smeglor, pretty please with chocolate sprinkles on top.
    Return ancient size to their original towering size.
    It's what ive been playing for all this time :(

And another please;
    Please dont let becoming ancient result in a nerf in anyway.
    An ancient should be considerably stronger (and bigger) then an adult.
    Please?
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Quote Originally Posted by Smeglor

The Ancient model was slightly reduced in size (15%) to aid with visibility and selection issues. It is still noticably larger than an Adult. You have to realize Azure was comparing himself, who is set to the smallest size possible, to an NPC Adult, which are set to the largest size possible.
    I think we were all also comparing ourselves to the ancients who we have seen ingame already.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Quote Originally Posted by Nisse
    I think we were all also comparing ourselves to the ancients who we have seen ingame already.
    They also shrunk the ancient NPCs. :(

I'm adding my vote too, please please return ancients to their original size.
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

Yes please put back the huge size! or make if even bigger! alright, if not bigger then put it at the old size, and perhaps beef it up with even longer horns, or perhaps some battle scars.. but don't for gods sake make us smaller? how are we supposed to finally effectivly smish people if smaller than intended? that and I was REALLY looking forward to being a huge dragon.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I'm not an active Blight tester. I've had one copy just recently instilled on Blight. However, when I saw Dragor in comparison to, uh, what IS that red dragon's name?????, I could see a moderate difference between the two, but it was only when they were standing side by side that I recognized Dragor as an ancient.

And, yes, the neck looks VERY MUCH wrong, as though the chest cavity has slumped, pulling the skin on the neck taught.

Please let our dragons have a pretty ancienthood with a definite size difference that is absolutely recognized without having to have a side-by-side comparison.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

It should not be possible to confuse even the smallest ancient with the largest adult. After all, nobody would confuse the largest hatchling with the smallest adult. The same should be true for ancients, but is not. The ancient models need to be ramped up in size to make them big enough that confusion is not possible.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Quote Originally Posted by Smeglor
    As Fireclaw and others have said, the smallest Ancient should be noticably larger than the largest adult - similar to the smallest adult being noticably larger than the largest hatchling.

One option, I think dorrin mentioned it, is keep hatchlings the way they are. Adjust adult and Ancient sizes for that "noticable" difference.

Besides, that "visibility and selection issues" are choices the player opted to take in their groupings - lore or no lore.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

I posted this in the Suggestions forum, in reply to Senk's thread:

What about an Illusion? Basically just push a /setscale to everyone in the party as a buff. They will see all ancients as small (hatchling size but Ancient model) until the buff wears off or they remove it. Probably wouldn't be a bad thing to have this work on Adults and Ancients both.

Or an 'aura' effect that pushes a /setscale for a given Dragon whenever someone comes in range?

There has to be a better way than nerfing our size, many don't hunt with bi-peds much, and for those like myself that do, some of us group with bi-peds that like the larger models because it makes sense that Dragons are large. I know for a fact that the group I hunt with most prefer the old Ancient models to the new ones.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Jaraiden
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Smeglor wrote:The Ancient model was slightly reduced in size (15%) to aid with visibility and selection issues. It is still noticably larger than an Adult. You have to realize Azure was comparing himself, who is set to the smallest size possible, to an NPC Adult, which are set to the largest size possible.As Fireclaw and others have said, the smallest Ancient should be noticably larger than the largest adult - similar to the smallest adult being noticably larger than the largest hatchling.

One option, I think dorrin mentioned it, is keep hatchlings the way they are. Adjust adult and Ancient sizes for that "noticable" difference.

Besides, that "visibility and selection issues" are choices the player opted to take in their groupings - lore or no lore.
    True. Another option is to reduce the size of adults by 15%. Then the difference between ancient and adult would be more apparent. Course the adult dragons might not like this...

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Goatboy

As a biped player I know it's not really my business to jump into dragon topics but someone needs to speak up for us, rather than just letting people just assume what we want / need ect...
    I really like the HUGE, larger than life ancient models for visual effect. As for the targeting selection issue it is easier to manually select a target from under and ancient than is to target around an adult. The only time targeting becomes an issue with ancients is when they spread their wings and stand up, basically when they lift off. I personally think that the dragon lift off should be a immense view obstructing, awe inspiring, rise to the heavens so I have no problem with it myself. When and if the day comes that an ancient dragon lifts off, fleeing for it's life in combat I intend to bewell fled and veiwng from a great distance before it happens, so veiw obstruction will not be an issue for me.
    Please bring back the HUGE ancients that blot out the sun when they fly over head, their sheer enormity is part of what Dragon Awe is made of ..... pint size lizards just don't inspire fear, much less wonder.
    Ok, now that I've put my two cents in I will quitely skulk back to the biped topics, before anyone recalls that goat is the other white meat, and decides I look yummy.

I had suggested the shrinking of all dragons by 15% but it was rejected as it was considered unfair, though I don't know why as in the end everyone will be ancient.

Other suggestions where to have an auto assist hotkey setup by default instead ofby macro (few players know how to use macros)and or a select nearest mob key that would select the next nearest monster then cycle between a group of near monsters, don't know what happened to these ideas.

I do not want to add more fuel to the fire so will just put it up on the peg board as is. TG will do what they think is best for the long haul of the game.
    Ancient Azure - Dragon of Blight (Now Chaos) 100/100
    Khan 'Azure' the Patriarch - 1st Adult Dragon
    Too Much Hoard To Count.

Carsia Wolfsong

I personally think they should go back on the Normal Modes, It would make the ancients look apone themselves as one rather compairing themselves to adults and it would rather be interesting being called a hatchling again LOL[:D]

It's easy to tell an ancient from an adult when they are standing right next to each other. I went and took pics of my ancient and my adult on blight. They are copies of the same character.

Ancient and an adult

But if you see a lone dragon out in the wilderness, can you still tell if it's an ancient or an adult?

Ancient or adult?
    How about this one?
    Or this one?

Not so easy to tell is it? :P Bring back the old ancient models! Or at the very least make ancients distinguishable from adults in some fashion, more horns, frills, something. Please.
    Tympest Stormchaser
    100/100 Ancient Lunus Dragon - Retired
    Erus Ex Istaria - Order

argh! no, i'm _not_ the one that suggested reducing the size of adults to make ancients look bigger in their new smaller size. i was griping that someone else suggested that ;)

i think that's a positively awful "solution"...

Default Re: Ancient garbage

LOL u guys are hilarious. Thats what you get for planning on being suped up even more than you already are. You already had too much. Were it me, id make you pick either the inherent armor or a 2 min recycleable gold rage, not the 15 secs you get, or flight. Thegold shieldhas no place even in the game at all whatsoever.All4 togetheralong with silver strike and ravage and spiked scales yada yada are grossly overcompensating your heal over time disadvantage. You should never have surpassed a biped 1 x 100 class efficiency in the first place.
    AND, adult scale should be 1/2 of what it is, with ancient scale being 2/3 the size of an adult. You all wanna throw off game proportions just to feed your own egos. Its sad. Dragons shouldnt be anytaller than ogres and kwellens, just longer because dragons are long like a worm or snake but not tall :P

Thread Information