Moving the discussion over here, from the delta 119/120 thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
Well, the problem is, you see...

When I was in the mid-20s DCRA, there were only a few options open to me:

Arcane Refusal: I had 100% Optimization, but the guy who owned a Stoneworking machine and a Scholar's desk near each other, decided to tear down his buildings. I looked around, everywhere, for these machines that are anywhere near Sandstone, but none to be found, anywhere. The sheer logistics killed any method of getting decent XP. And even then, the XP was starting to fall off from doing this, an entire Tarbash disk full of Spell Shards (which would take an hour plus to obtain) didn't even give a full level, more like 75% of one. Add to that the 15 min of dragging that disk to a scholar's desk, and um... yeah.

Dragon Crafter Quests: They wanted T2 materials, which I was 5:1 or 4:1 at the time. No thanks.

T1 Scales: Too few XP. You can do a diskfull of metal bars and get maybe 10% of your TNL. Woo.

T2 Anything: 5:1 or 4:1. Sucks, and sucks bad for Xp, not to mention you dig 1-3 at a time.

So just what did they intend for you to make around 25-30ish? That, and it is kinda dumb, that 5-10 levels into a Tier, you are STILL 4:1, or worse, 5:1 in T2 materials.... not to mention, how boring it gets, working the same Sandstone and Bronze for 25+ levels... that gets real old, fast.