Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
But again I have to ask, why aren't NOW the "Glory Days"?

I hope it does not feel like a personal attack, Silverblaze, because it isn't. I hear people say that, or something like it, all the time, and personally don't understand. Now it could be I'm biased because I'm part of the development team, but I try to step back and look as a player too, and I see right now as the "Glory Days of Istaria".

The game has a team who is dedicated to developing the game. We listen (though obviously don't always agree with) players when they speak out. We communicate actively as a team, both with players and internally. We use the best abilities of everyone on the team (meaning we aren't asking artists to code, for example).

Seriously... what am I missing here? What was so great about the Istaria and the development team of 5 years ago that I'm not remembering that makes IT the "Glory Days" and not now? And I promise, I won't be personally offended by anyone's answer. This is honestly and truly a sincere question that I've finally gotten brave enough to ask.

(And sorry to derail the thread a bit, but hopefully it still seems somewhat relevant to listening to the original reason for the rant.)
Elders and wise. My words are but the whisper of a forgotten wind. Let them be lost or found as suits the seeker.

Glory? I have known glory!

There was a tide, the first I woke. And I took me from the Halls of Waking and in New Brommel I was. And about me were many and many... so very many... and there was this chatter and that I overheard, and each shouted and called... and so much of life!

There was a tide... and the land rang to a voice, and a god it was that spoke.. and it spoke that there were wings to be found, and any youngling might seek to seek them! And the land.. oh, to more than that voice it rang! For eacn and all, two leg or four, such delight... such joy... and ere my own wings were mine, I saw a drake a-wing, and the setting sun behind it...

Ere those wings were mine, there was a waking, and a great company gathered.. and at the Spiral gate we took us, and each step from that first to the very bottom we ran and we fought and we died and we woke... and we were two legs and four and were were not mighty... but we were that which we were!

There was a waking... long gone, and I danced in a place, and there was another there... none there save we, and those Foe we sought... and I ran and ran, and Foe gathered to me... and with them I ran, and those all about, and I took them to the one that was with me.. and we danced! Oh, how we danced! And none saw us and none was there, but at the end those Foe lay about us and from that one dance there were nineteen and more. And the one that was there, they spoke that as I came with dancing Foe to them, why they could bare see me in the midst and the very ground shook frm pounding feet and pounded Foe's noise... and that first time I was called Thunder. And none there save us... but none other needed.

There was a waking, and a great murmur had been about the land, and that murmur come a whisper... and that whisper loud shout! For long dead Blight.. was woken!

For there was a far shore, and about it and upon it lay many and many... and they slept, a sleep past any imagining. And there came a time when a wind moved.... and those sleepers walk among us.

There is a tale I heard once... of a great warrior of the two legs. And this one.. mighty it was and past mighty. And of a time it was in a battle and near a hundred it slew alone. And a glory deed it was.

But the world is as the world is.. and a wasting came upon the warrior. And those muscles fell and the bones brittle.. and all was lost. But there was one of faith that loved them... and never would they stand aside from them and never would they cease to set word of seeking upon them.

And one waking there was.. and the wasted warrior had lain abed and no limb had he moved for many years. And he saw the one that still watched over him... and his had... twitched. Slow.. so slow... but twitch it did. And that hand, so very slow... it raised. and it reached, still slow, and it reached... and it touched a single tear that fell from eyes that had never smiled so bright.

And over time that hand became two.. a leg, and two... and the warrior walked. And it took to training and new waking.. and again it was able to slay a hundred.

But if ever he was asked, that warrior, what greatest glory was his, he ever spoke but one thing. One touched tear.

Glory? Glory I have known... but glory I know each moment woken, each word spoken. And for me, in this land I live. But not, of all there is, with eye or ear... but with spirit and heart, if those words be not trite. And least and less I am, and it may be that others think I know nothing of Istari living or istari life... but fool or Fool... for me, I LIVE!

Ah, glory... I know glory!

My words are but the whisper of a forgotten wind. Let them be lost or found as suits the seeker.

Sephiranoth, called by some ShadowSeeker
Nobody and Nothing ever, save The Five do Feast
A Fool that walks among the Wise