Thread: Istarian Wiki named mobs photo competition

Threaded View

Default Istarian Wiki named mobs photo competition

Hello everyone,

The Istaria Wiki has started to capture details on named mobs, and I thought it would be nice to include a lovely holiday snap of the friendly named mobs in their natural habitat i.e. doing their best to make us small, bloody piles on the ground

So - as a general challenge, it would be great if you could help out! The competition challenge is to take the nicest portrait you can off models that have serious personal-space issues and add a wiki entry for it. The current list of named creatures on the Istarian Wiki is located at:

http://istaria.wikia.com/wiki/Named_Creatures

and an example of what an entry looks like is here:

http://istaria.wikia.com/wiki/Gritus_Maximus

There is a good forum posting for named creatures/mobs here:
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451

but I can't get to the complete list on the first post, not sure if there is another one.

The easiest way to add an entry is:
    1. Check the Named Creatures list to see if it has already been done;
    2. Track down the named mob you want to write about in-game;
    3. Take two screenshots - one that will make a lovely portrait for a page (the trick is getting them to smile nicely ), and another with the mob selected so you can get their rating/health/type in your screenshot (I have to do this because my toon is low-level and gets beaten up after about 3 hits so I need to port out, you uber-toons out there can probably not worry about running away!)
    4. Trim the screenshot of the mob to a nice size and save as a JPEG (.jpg);
    5. Go to the home page, enter the name of your friendly mob in the space provided and press the button "a Named Creature". This will provide a template that you can fill out;
    6. Fill out the text details you want to record and save the page;
    7. Once the page is saved, you should have a link in the right-hand side box that will let you upload your portrait

And that's it! I hope people have fun doing this - check my entry on Chompa for how many beetles I was running from at one stage to get his details Please post if you have any problems - don't worry about "making a mess" on the Wiki, it can all be fixed!

P.S. I chose "Named Creature" instead of "Named Mob" for new players who may not know what a "mob" is. Hope that doesn't confuse people, but I figured us "oldies" would know what that meant.

P.P.S. I set my graphic quality settings as high as possible for the pretty portraits, and reduced distance to not whack my less-than-uber PC.

Yours in Picture-Taking Istarian Fun,

StalePopcorn

(Bamf Manfric and WearTheFoxHat on Chaos)
    Last edited by StalePopcorn; September 1st, 2008 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Added info on creating a new article for a Named Creature

Thread Information