While the picture of a dragons hoard shows gold, lets face it the MAJORITY of a dragons hoard nowadays comes from the hoardables that are dropped. Of that a very small percentage are actually gold. Also I seriously doubt anyone is putting gold bars into their hoard either. If you want the name to sound like something epic call it dragons rage or dragons strike then. Or if you want call if Rage of the Dragon.
I'm still not sure. Dragon's Rage and such does sound okay, but I think you're pulling in a few technicalities that aren't really that important normally. :/ Sure, to be precisely correct, we could call it, eg, 'Rage of 23% gold, 11% silver, 33% mithril...' etc, but what would it add to the game really? :/

'Gold Rage' can easilly be argued to be more of a symbolic name. 'Gold' has connotations of greatness, power, beauty and worth. Most of them fit the idea behind the attack okay. And sure, it's not precisely correct, but what glorified names are?

The design team has gone round and round on this issue and we continue to argue about it. The issue, to be honest, isn't with the Gold Burst (or whatever we finally call it) stats, but rather with Gold Rage.
You aren't thinking of nerfing Gold Rage are you? :/ Please don't do that. Damage output is what dragons are good at. They can't be healers or tanks and they make pretty bad supports. Dragons hit hard and that's pretty much it. :/

It would be unfair to give them a nerf and make them a hopeless 'jack of all trades' race. Moreso than what they are already. :/

~Galde