I guess I didnt want to wait for the imigrants to arrive.
Now these last few games I always start with 7 and suddenly I got 26.
Good thing I give 6 out of my 7 dwarfs mining jobs so that I at least had room to dump them all.

The only problem I am having is not that I don’t understand the game, but that I do things way too improvised and that doesn’t work when you have 50 dwarves running all over the place. I place a chamber when I need it and were I want it, without any form of logic or good thinking

Need to learn myself to centralize bedrooms, craftrooms with storage, tombes (had 2 corpses rotting in my fortress without any tombes to put them and really no idea where I was supposed to build tombes in my messy maze fortress). Already use a centralized methode for bedrooms, which might be used in a simular fashion for constructing tombes, but not for anything else… Yet.
Working on my craftrooms with storage now. Not sure how I am going to accomplish this, but it is going to be fun finding out.

Good thing I havent had any goblin attacks with my constant lacking militairy skill (my last fortress at least had a kennel for wardogs)