So I've decided to check up on how my ol' game's doing and bought myself a one-off Gifted Sub. I really should've got a Basic because my lair's been torn down anyway, and I instantly regretted wasting that precious tenner when I felt the first metaphorical tumbleweed roll past, but it's a tenner I intend to at least partially use.

Anyway, I have been trying out WoW (dun dun duuuun) and maybe it's that I've gotten comfortable with its simple graphics, but the first thing I noticed upon logging into HZ was the death of my framerate. It seemed a bit out of order when it was an empty Bristugo (honestly, it was like Silent Hill in Istaria) and when I'd been running around Silvermoon in WoW (major Blood Elf city as far as I'm aware) there had been no drop in framerate at all. I know WoW is a bit notorious for its simple graphics and last I checked we were working on the efficiency of HZ's graphics, but it just highlighted the big difference. I had to kill all my graphic settings just for a decent framerate, and my computer's brand new.

It got me and my friend talking a bit. The conversation was more or less like this:

Me: 'HZ's graphics seem really wierd after playing WoW. Inefficient sorta.'

Friend: 'That's HZ for you,'

Me: 'Some of the models need fixed. Seen the trees? They have roots... why, I'll never know.'

Friend: 'Well depending on where they're placed you can sometimes see the roots.'

Me: 'Why not just have two models? We've got all these trees with roots you'll never see,'

Friend: 'Maybe they have a limited number of models?'
So, completely randomly, but... why DO the trees have roots? I mean, all of the trees. I thought it was wierd.

Another thing that immediately began to bug me was my own character. Stupid thing she is. My main, Galde, is an ancient and she's actually too big or too slow for the world around her. Her running animation is slow as out and yet her feet slip across the ground when her speed doesn't match her animation. Also, you fly and get that daft hummingbird effect but you're going nowhere fast.

I have to setscale her down so that she's smaller than an adult just to make her movement match the world around her. >.<

Sigh. Just little things.

Are there any minor/graphical/fluff things that bug other people? I just needed to blab this somewhere because it's... irritating. D:

Thanks for reading my whinging anyway. I'm such a whinge. XD

<3