One day, a few weeks ago, my mom and I were bored, and we were channel-hopping and happened upon a movie being shown on Syfy.

This movie was named simply "Serenity" and neither one of us had heard of it, and we caught it, just as it was signing on. Having nothing to do, we started watching it, and I wound up enjoying it (especially that really awesome girl in that bar fight scene lol).

Anyways, while browsing TvTropes, I learn that the movie is actually a "sequel" to a series named Firefly.

Well, in talking with a coworker a few days after that, she asks me if I ever saw Firefly and I told her "No... but I did see Serenity" and she goes "OMG, I'm going to have to let you borrow it!" and I'm like "Cool!"

Well, she let me borrow her Firefly boxed set, and honestly... I was reluctant to give it back to her. lol. I plan on buying it as soon as I get the chance/time to browse a store like FYE, etc... heck maybe even Walmart would have it. Either way, if I see it (and Serenity), it is so MINE.

I love discovering things that are "old" but yet absurdly cool at the same time. Firefly and Serenity are definitely those (2002-2005ish).

Anyone else enjoy discovering old things that they found awesome, and/or have similar stories to tell?