Who knows it might even be possible to send out a global message like “help!! (insert town) is under attack by Withered Aegis!!”
This already happens.

Attacking Bristugo may make all the sense in the world from a "tactical standpoint" by the WA, but that doesn't mean that it makes sense in an environment where people can and will stop paying you if they aren't having fun in your game. That, and, if you really want to get into the logic of it, I don't see the WA getting T6 troops all the way to Bristugo without

Paying players of a game on the other hand...

(Rant incoming, NOT aimed at the person I quoted, but in general)

-----------------------------------------

I so despise this situation, because it's lose / lose.

If Amon etc. don't do anything, people get bored and quit.
If Amon spawns mobs at Bristugo, people get annoyed and quit.
If Amon spanws mobs at resources, people scream in righteousness WE R CRAft0RZ! and quit.
If Amon spawns mobs at the frontier, none will bother going there past 1 week, then get bored and quit. Because it'll be a non-event in a "who cares?" location.

In any case, they will be full of self entitlement: "AMON YOU MUST DO THIS BECAUSE *I* AM DA
P A Y I N G _ P L A Y E R.

Like he was so stupid to have forgotten that.

I also hate this situation because a bunch of sissies keeps this game under permanent hostage, so the majority of players (adventurer types) stay well clear of Istaria (notice, I am 95% crafter but I support them, they bring in the good cash to let Istaria survive).

I'd love to be able to tell them: do you sue a writer because page #293 of his book does not totally suit your near sighted agenda? No? Then if you don't like the book go buy another.
But I cannot, because all what's left are exactly that: a bunch of selfish "vets" who kill innovative or just diverse ideas because hey, they are the PAYING PLAYERS!

The game won't take off with this, ever.