After being away from actively playing for a few months (been online sometimes, but always sleeping on Bristugo Vault) I discovered the changes to the portal system.
I discovered that suddenly all racial towns have “City: (City name)“ which make it easier to compile a alphabetical list of all main cities. Which it is sadly not automatically.
Don’t get me wrong, never having changes is bad, but some things I do not understand.

I also discovered an addition to the Main City portal list that I personally cannot understand… Namely “Settlement: Lower Bridgeview”. This is a passthrough town as far as I know on your way from Kion to Sslanis/Bristugo with only a few small plots and otherwise nothing to offer.

However some things strike me as odd and maybe Devs or other players can enlighten me about the purpose.
- Why are the portal lists not automatically on alphabetical order? (minor issue)
- Why has Lower Bridgeview been added to the system? To aid in the attunement for new players?
- Why do Dralk and Chiconis have Drakul, but not Kir’ignat in the portal list?
- Why does Settlement: Last Stand have a long list of guild communities including Kir’ignat, but not a portal hub like Bristugo?

While Last Stand is the easiest portal if you need Marble it requires an additional portal from Last Stand to Clearport to finally get to Bristugo. For people with portals taking ages this is quite annoying unless you want them to back to Aughundell.

While Drakul and Kir’ignat are Dragon only locations it also strikes me as odd why Dralk and Chiconis are not on the Kir’ignat portal list, but as long as it has Bristugo you won’t hear me complaining too hard about it.

Can anyone enlighten me about some of the logic for the new portal system?