Is there a suitable reference I've been unable to find to answer questions for new players? The wiki at wikia.com is woefully inadequate.

I remember playing this game years ago (likely over half a decade ago) and having a much simpler time. With many of Crimson Dawn's links gone, a Wiki that works sometimes and many other links dead, I question the livelihood of this game in general.

Some examples of my frustration:

1. I can find no guidance on how to get to Chiconis, yet I'm told I should really try to get those crafting quests as soon as I can.
2. I can't find a single, complete map of the world that I can read.
3. I can't even find a list of travel gates and their links to other gates.
4. The draconic crafting quests supposedly available from Queriatia...aren't? (The Wiki states there are repeating crafting quests at level 10. I get nothing but two techniques from this NPC)
5. Any indication in any of my research where to find a mother lode (or motherload) of sandstone. (I finally just found it running around)

I'm not new to gaming. I try to do as much research as I can without bothering others; I prefer to be an autodidact. I just can't do that in this game. If a lack of references is supposed to be a 'feature' of this game, where you're intended to explore and find things for yourself...alright, I suppose.

To the educated observer, attempting to play this game feels like trying to piece together the history of a fallen empire: a civilization that was once powerful with a rich community and plenty of written records, yet now all the references either don't exist, or are no longer accurate.

Make no mistake--Those I've met in this game are extremely helpful and most are genuinely good people. However, this is much the kind of atmosphere you tend to expect from just that which I've explained. I've seen the kind of behavior from people within closed betas, where "everybody knows your name". It's cliche, but it's much the same way that the small bars do have the best crowds, so I suppose I'd need to take the good with the bad if such is the case.

There's something to be said about a wonderful and devoted player-base in a game; I just question if the revenue that could be generated by adopting a different plan, such as an item mall for example (the way many F2P games operate) wouldn't 'keep the bar from closing', or increase the quality of the environment without detracting from the atmosphere. I enjoy the concept of the game, but as a working professional I simply don't have the time to dedicate to grinding up my crafting, and would question spending my little free time in such a manner, let alone my money in a monthly subscription. The ability to purchase XP multipliers would be very attractive. With that, I'd be far more interested in subscribing to unlock the ability to play as a dragon.

I mean, really, short of that, I'd be happier paying someone to grind up my account for me, so that when I do play it's actually...you know, fun. The entire point of a game. Probably why the F2P & Item mall concepts are taking off the way they are. For example: I'd rather pay a quarter every time I die so I don't lose XP than spend any extra time of my life...well, doing something that is so mindless I'd typically be the one getting paid to do it, not paying for the 'privilege' of doing it.

But now, I'm rambling, and it's late. I suppose I'm just looking for my original question, and perhaps some confirmation of my suspicions.

Thank you all very much,
--Fox