I don't know that I agree that the equipment should be on the Connies, alongside player equipment.

At first glance I can see why it could be helpful (those reasons the above stated and a few others), but when I really think about it - that could get very confusing. Along with price-limitations and not understanding the difference between the item sold by "NPC of Game" and the item sold/crafted by a player.

My views mimic Ssilmaths - I can see the point to putting them on the basic trainers but for hybrid classes how is this "simple"? Unless of course the armor is only there for the level 1-20 (or 1-10 whenever you hybridize yourself..), and it would not be a concern for hybrid-clases to know where to go to get starter armor (and it wouldn't increase with each tier either).

I too am for the new npc idea (with or without a new building), esp. if the gear is meant to give each tier an ability to equip themselves in something serviceable - seems easier than trying to explain which hybrid classes go to which basic trainer.