I recently decided to create a new toon to reexperience what it is like to be fresh and new in Istaria. After adventuring for several hours, I came to the opinion that the run speed is perhaps one of the most frustrating features in the game. New characters are just plain slow. Now, I recently read a post where someone suggested removing the basic stances(I am totaly against this btw). I would offer up a different suggestion. Take the current stances and simply add to them.

As examples you could take the Green Stance and relable it as the Speed Stance. Boost it by having it provide a bonus of +10 to run and flight speed.

Blue Stance could become the Defense Stance. Boost it by providing a +5% bonus to armor and ethereal armor.

Red Stance could become the Offensive Stance. Boost it by providing a +5% bonus to melee and magical damage.

Leave them in the leveling progression table as they are now. That way low level toons have some within reach milestone skills that will help them as they progress through Istaria without the need of having to quest for them. I look forward to other players comments and suggestions.