There is a very big gripe with the confectioner school. Many things about the school are either useless or unfair.

I?ll start with chickens and cows.
This is the thorn in the side of almost all cooks. The gathering rate on eggs is drastically to low, and milk could use a shot in the arm also. I propose introducing two new structures, a chicken coop and a dairy stables. Standing structures, similar to sand piles and water wells, where you can gather eggs and milk with out having to chase them around. And I don?t mean put a coop and stable in every town, just in sslins?s farm would be enough, just something so we don?t have to run around for hours on end, to gather meager amounts of resources to craft.

Now, onto the craft in general.
Which is, to say it bluntly, useless. In 60 levels of cooking, and being able to make all the tier IV foods, I have never once been asked to make food for the use of fading death points. Ambrosia sure, but I?m not the only one making ambrosia, there are still ambrosia vendors. I propose you make food techable.

For example. A basic soup just fades time on a death point. Add another ingredient to it, like carrots, and now it?s harder to make, but gives you a temporary boost to your accuracy. Get it? Carrots, eye sight? Add some pepper or salt to it, again it?s harder to make, but you get more benefits. This would give cooking a real reason, and competition in the consumables market. It would also make cooking more like cooking, where in the cook can really experiment with ingredients to get a desired effect.
Adding in some drinks would be nice also, and for goodness sake, snowballs + milk + sugar = ice cream. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese

If you put in ice cream I promise to make you some. ^^