Thread: Thinking of switching to Horizons

Anhk

Default Thinking of switching to Horizons

Hi all. I am a 4 year EQ vet who recently switched to WoW and have been considering Horizons. I know a bit about the game but was wondering what the population was like. Are the servers active? Please tell me what you al think.

Default Re: Thinking of switching to Horizons

Also, http://community.istaria.com/Web/Sho...?PostID=108212 has a good list of new and improved things from before, if you saw the game previously. Worth a read either way.
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

Quickest way to get started:

Download the entire 0.98GB December 2003 build from the link already mentioned. (Click Here)

Run the install, but don't start the game yet. Download and extract this archive from the downloads section of community.istaria.com and be sure you extract it to the installation directory from the previous file. If I remember correctly the post install patch tends to want to put the updated files into C:\Program Files\Tulga Games\Horizons instead of the actual default directory (at least from my experiences) of C:\Program Files\Artifact Entertainment\Horizons

After that you shouldn't have too much more to patch unless all the dragon lair assets go live before you get a change to log in. Sign up for your trial account, and see for yourself whether its worth your time to come back.

Have fun in Istaria!
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

join one of the chat channels so you don't feel alone, butexpect the tutorial to be mostly empty.

It also depends on what time you log in, most people seem to start logining in about 5pm east

dalimond, dralk, and augundel seem to be some of the more poopulated places.

As an old eq player i would strive for an empty server this may be a relief that you don't need 30 people to kill something your level.

What server in EQ?

Well, there are only4 servers:

Chaos: Non Roll playing (and more people)
    Order: Roll playing (and less people)
    Unity: If you live in Europe
    Blight: The "before the patch goes live" test server.

Pretty much your choice, but don't expect 30 players to be hunting your kills. Very unlikely that will happen. Maybe 1 or 2.

Hook up with the chat channels, they are a plethora of information for both the newbie and vetran alike. If you get lost, or need an item crafted for you, there is always someone manning the chat channels that might have a clue as to what you need.

Find a decent sized guild (Don't look at me, my guildmaster bailed and left me with the Guildplot and 2 active members after they went elsewhere) Sigh, what to do with 12 empty plots of land and a finished T5 guild hall....

Lastly, try to have fun and keep your eyes away from the political battles that rage about which is better, Dragons or Bi-peds. Play what you want to play, not what others "heavily suggest" you play.

- see you in chaos
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

The servers are active if you join General or Market channel. You won't encounter massive crowds like you do in WoW. Since I like to roam around alone I prefer that. ;)
    "I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice." Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Viceroyx

Close your eyes to the PawnBroker nerf threads then. Welcome to Istaria!

Quote Originally Posted by Anhk
    Hi all. I am a 4 year EQ vet who recently switched to WoW and have been considering Horizons. I know a bit about the game but was wondering what the population was like. Are the servers active? Please tell me what you al think.
    Try the free version first then you can see for yourself if you really want to stay. After all there are many new game coming out that might fit you better [;)]
    Aegis BlightMaker, Gnome of the First Order

visiting times vari

Thread Information