Thread: Craft Trainers & Interior Design

TruArtisan

Default Craft Trainers & Interior Design

I had a Human Crafting Center built on Dawn before the merge. It never had any trainers. Is there any word on whether there will be Crafting trainers in the new buildings? I hate to waste time and materials building something that will never have the NPC's

Also, are there any plans to have a means to furnish the houses, vaults, taverns etc. that we are building? I, for one would be thrilled to be able to add something to the interior of the buildings. I tru(ly) belive it would generate a lot of interest if such a feature were added. Would love to hear other opinions on the subject of furnishing our newly built structures.

Tru Artisan of Order

Default Re: Craft Trainers & Interior Design

I know nothing about building's NPC's except that you have to activate them; no idea which buildings do what, as I only had an R plot before.

As to furnishings, people been asking for those for months. I think they are part of the grand scheme but have no particular ETA. Still, one day we'll have furniture. I'm sorta hoping that it will include interior walls so all those unfortunates with cavernous shells for houses (i.e. anyone not in a large Dwarven) can actually have rooms, with a layout they choose.

-Levity Merrel, wishing Order was up right now

Bump for reply.
    Aegis BlightMaker, Gnome of the First Order

visiting times vari

TruArtisan

There never was an option to activate any Crafting trainers in the Craft Center. I was told at the time we made the building that the trainers would be put into the game at a later date. As I said, none ever were made available. I'm hoping one of the Dev. might have some current information on if and when we can expect the Craft Training Centers to actually have the trainers that are suppose to be part of the building. I know the Adv. Center worked and the trainers in those popped when competed and activated.

I'm really enjoying the building but would love some more "Fluff" to add to the plots...things like more variety on the choice of trees and plants. I've seen some great looking plants in Tazoon.

Tru

AE tried to make them available long time ago, they tried also to put a trainer in every crafter-shop and to put all the crafter-trainers in completed human trade centers, but there were some bugs, so there were only a Trainer in the Small Dwarven Blacksmith Shop and all the adventure trainers in the Saris Adventure Center.
    Ex-Moderator
    Lauryav|Unity| Lvl 100 Wizard- Lvl 8x Mage - Lvl 82 Weaver

have not seen any updates for the building so i donĀ“t think there will be "baseclass" trainers in the near future.

But again this is something smeglor or someone else from AE could tell and we can only guess.

Looking for all types of Tier 4/5 techs!

bump

I've got some friends on Chaos that were asking about that just the other day...
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

According to David Bowman in IRC they will start programming Furnishing when Dragon Lairs are done - which could be as early as 1st of January if everything goes as planned.

Horizons Empire

Rambule

I also was mistakenly suckered into putting a Medium Human Trade Skill Center on our guild plot in Ambato. Before I placed it a few people did some checking and found that there were trainers and machines in them to be activated upon completion. Thinking to myself that would surely be a speedy method to get machines up and usable to assist in community building.
    Lets face it without trainers there is absolutely no purpose for this structure remove it from game and refund resources used on building it, its an eyesore that every single time I look at it makes me want to log in disgust. Adventure centers come equiped with trainers some shops like dwarven metal shops have trainers lol come on put trainers where they should be in a center.
    Seriously if there are no plans for fixing the situation or adding whatever is required to make at least trainers available to activate I would ask to have my resources back to build a more functional structure.
    Thank you for your time and continued efforts to make things right I realize this may not be a priority issue to you but a tremendous source of aggravation to many people that inadvertantly built these structure with the hopes they actually had a purpose other than takeing up an inordinate amount of space [:P]

>Bump<

I wouldn't mind knowing the answer to this myself......[*-)]

Spiritblade

Yes, I too would like to hear some sort of "Official" response to this, as I put a medium human trade center on my plot as well (58.9 % done so far)

If this building is supposed to be working correctly before too long, then an acknowledgement of that fact, that it's ok to go ahead and put one on your plot, should come from AE.

If, on the other hand,AE has given up on fixing them, I want to know about it and I want a return of the resources used so far in it's construction, aswithout the NPC trainers, the building has no use and is very misleading and should be taken out of the game.

Ideally, I'd like for us to be able to pick which types of trainers (with their associated machines included) to "Activate" on a trade center......perhaps with limitations on which types of trainers can be activated at which spots in a trade center, based on the space available in that spot versus what machine(s) that come with them.

Dragon lairs are done. Does that mean the craft trainers buildings forplots can be fixed now?

bump for answer

http://community.istaria.com/default.aspx?pg=comingsoon

placement of NPC's can cause extra burden. I believe they tried it once awhile back and it failed ?? ( the trainer NPC's in the crafting center ). Furnishing is ... somewhat more complicated I would imagine as they would have to make it so that already lagged player towns didn't get worse. I believe it would have something to do with the way the game loads assets.

Either way I would say the above link covers the next 3 to 4 months. Until something official is said I wouldn't put much stock in " I heard from...." rumors.

I remember at one point they were going to make tiered buildings with craft and adventure trainers, and each tier would only bring up quests, etc to the level range that they are. However since there are no quests for most classes, and trainers are just on/off switches, plus the client has more and more problems loading characters and resources (major stuttering)..... my guess is that its just not a good option, it will cause more complaints then smiley faces.

As for furniture. They need to develop a method so furniture doesn't load for your whole view range and just destroy performance. We haven't been told any news how well that is coming, if at all.

I think not having an offical word on this in a year means its not happening.

Does this also mean lairs were promised to be completed over a year ago? Wow it has really been a year.

Didn't TG remove the human trade center from the structure list because there was never going to be any NPCs associated with it?

Thread Information