Thread: HELP!!!!!

J00jack

Default HELP!!!!!

okay i picked this game up at a fair today and i want to play it so badly....but im stupid

i installed it ......and now i want to create a character but the tab with the link thats supposed to be on the left side of the start page is not there...

can someone just please give me a step by step process on what to do AFTER you install the program

thank you

Default Re: HELP!!!!!

First off, are you using Windows 5.0 or higher? You HAVE to use Windows for this game to log in or play.

J00jack

yes i am using Windows 5.0 or higher....i just need help...ummm going to the next level...i mean i dont have a clue of what todo after i installed it...

Horizons also requires the use of Microsoft's .Net Framework. If you haven't installed that yet, do so. (You can check whether this is installed by clicking Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add Remove Software, and scanning through the list.) If "Microsoft .Net Framework" is not there, you should download it from the MS Download site.

Also, are you receiving any error messages? If so, what are they?

from what i looked at,

if using the webpage logging, after you login to horizons and agree to the EULA, there should be a box on the right of the screen with any characters you'vecreated and 'New Character' at the bottom that should link you into the character creation process.

i do not know how to createyour firstnew character with the patcher.

J00jack

yes i have the program

ummmm error messages?...umm most probably

yeah

"something about not

"an error occured downloading the latest patching software" please varrify that SilentPatcher.exe is not currently running"
    then when i was at this place....i:
    -uncliked .Net patcher
    -clicked High Performance Scan
    -Hit Recall

Character: New Character
    Shard: chaos .NET Patcher High Performance Scan Full Scan Recall Security Check -Password Saved-
    You don't need to enter Username / Password - User Name (email address) - - Password -

see the problem is im a n00b....i just need a basic thing to take me to the next level

another error is

Transport Error:
    Error ID:12
    The login process was unsucessful because the client was unable to connect to authentication server.

and the last one:

Connection Lost
    Unable to login to Horizions. This can occur if the authentication server is offline or the palyer server is offline.

J00jack

*poke* the place....hello anyone there....i kinda want to play the game...please somoen help me?

First off, this isn't really the place for this kind of problem. Tulga has a very responsive customer service website at http://support.istaria.com which should get you a responce within a day or two and they know far more about borked connections to the auth server than I do.

However, that doesn't mean we can't try to figure this out... error #12 is a general "I can't find the ******** server at all" message, I think. Try to answer these questions as best as you can.

What kind of internet connection do you have? I used to run a Satellite connection and it was nothing but trouble when trying to log in.

Do you have the .NET framework installed? To check you can go to START -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs and make sure you see "Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1" -- That really shouldn't matter though, since you can use the non-.NET patcher.

Uhm... that's all I can really think about. Your best bet would probably be the support site.

"We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Also note there are two ways to get in the game. Either the stand-alone launcher, or the webpage. The webpage only works through Internet Explorer (well, at least, it doesn't work on Netscape, which is my primary net accessor, and no hijacks about Firefox or Mozilla please :)) And the standalone launcher does not let you create characters, you need to be on the web page for that.

Warning, if you bought this in the box, you are gonna have the mother of all patches to sit through once you do get to actually logging in. About 2 years worth ....

All this is for what it is worth, I am very clueless about making computers work. They are pure sorcery as far as I am concerned.

-Levity Merrel, Crai Aisling, Sans AoP by Aiya's pad
    100 Blacksmith/100 Reaver/45 Mason/45 Carpenter/14 Weaver/13 Enchanter
    100 Reaver/70 or 71 Ice Disciple

I had this exact problem as well. The Auth server error was due to, well, the auth servers going down for a few hours. However, you should see at the top something about active X or some such? It should be IE itself with a small bar at the top of your screen. Click it, let it install, and you should be clear road ahead. Good luck, buddy!
    Explorer 80%
    Killer 46%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 33%

Just realised this still said Ice....oopsie

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdonia Honeythorn
    First off, are you using Windows 5.0 or higher? You HAVE to use Windows for this game to log in or play.
    I think you mean Internet Explorer 5.0 [:P] If you are using another browser to login/create account I dont think it works...not sure though as the NA system is different to EU's.
    Give Unity the support it deserves!

Dosen't sound like an Internet Explorer or .NET issue to me. I'm gonna say its a firewall issue, but of course I could be totaly wrong. Check your firewall, whether its Windows firewall or some other firewall, check it and if necessary shut it down and try to login to the game, regardless if this works or not it will atleast elimnate the firewall as being the issue - oh and don't forget to turn it back on later[:)]
    - The Paladin is the Judge, the Jury and Executioner!
    - Zarcharien Justice - Lvl 100 Paladin & 71 Armorer
    - "Evil can only triumph, if Good stands by and does nothing."

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

There's the "other" firewall, too, in Internet Explorer.

Go to Tools>Internet Options>Security and click on trusted sites. You should have the following sites added there. You will have to uncheck the https checkmark at bottom to get all of them in:

https://horizons.istaria.com
    http://horizons.istaria.com
    http://patch.istaria.com
    https://support.istaria.com

Once you have these added in, recheck the https checkmark and hit Ok until you've closed the options.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Pariah

Ive gotten this msg if i click the load button one to many times
    try clicking once an dont touch ... game seems a bit slow sometimes.

Thread Information