Thread: Ancient Size still wrong, still no explanation

Default Ancient Size still wrong, still no explanation

Time to bring this important issue up again.

Devs, we begged complained and whined about the Nerf to ancient size but you gave us no reply.

Here are the posts that are about it.
    http://community.istaria.com/Web/Sho...?PostID=101805
    http://community.istaria.com/Web/Sho...?PostID=102000
    http://community.istaria.com/Web/Sho...?PostID=103963
    http://community.istaria.com/Web/Sho...?PostID=102082
    http://community.istaria.com/Web/Sho...x?PostID=97374
    http://community.istaria.com/Web/Sho...x?PostID=98755

Tell us why you changed it.
    It's not because of the lairs, I use the ancient model and have no problems.
    Its not because view is obstructed, only the anti-dragon few think this is an issue and they dont even believe it, they just say it's an issue to spite dragons who in their eyes got to much dev attention.
    Many pictures showed the difference between adult and and ancient is hardly noticable.
    Many pictures showed view is NOT obstructed.

The big size is part of the reward for bloody well sticking out with a beta product AND paying for it for TWO years.

Please change it back allready, and make an option to display dragons smaller for the one or two people that would like the smaller model.
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Default Re: Ancient Size still wrong, still no explanation

I second this request
    In the void.
    Unity: 100/100 Lunus

Dont forget this post cobal that shows bipeds can esaly see under us
    http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=102057

also dont forget about the bounding box fix... the devs need only to copy it from blues files, and blues fix is great i must say! i even can select bipeds who are sitting on my claw!

http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=99741

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

I agree with this request, expesically with Blue's Bounding Box Batch, I mean, Patch.
    I'd love to see it put back, but even just an explaination on here would be nice.

When player are fixing the game for the Dev, you know there's a problem.
    And it's even more of a problem when they simply shun you out because they can't accept third parties help.

How long would it take to apply Blue's patch? Less than 5 minutes, 30 minutes if they want to double check it, even though we already did it.

Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

...size was nerfed because of 'issues', those issues being lessers of course...

I think this whole thing is a dead horse. They're not going to make ancients larger. The main reason for the change was not their own idea but biped complaints. Until you can convince those bipeds thatit should be changed backI just don't think it'll happen; and you'll never convincesome of the complaining bipeds it's a good idea whether or not they can see under an ancient. I am quite sure that some of those whiners are very smug about what they were able to do to dragons. (Who says HZ isn't PvP?)

Also, this wasn't*quite* a nerf, since the size was changed before it went live. Although I agree everyone saw the NPC ancients and assumed that's what they'd get. So much for assumptions. It's TG's game and TG's right to change things as they (and ONLY they) see fit. In this case they chose to change things so as to placate whining bipeds.

So your only two viable options as I see it are:
    1. Live with them the way they are (what I do, not a big deal for me since an ancient HZ dragon is still the biggest player character in any fantasy MMORPG)
    2. Download the original models and use them so at least you appear larger to yourself.

Because I really and truly do not believe TG will ever change the models back.

Who want to bet that those who complained about Ancients size are:
    - Pratically never grouped with dragon.
    - Glout when dragon size got nerfed.
    - Are among those who constantly flame dragons in board.

Like Goriax said, there's no need to introduced PVP ingame; the player are doing it just fine by aggrivating other player and insuring their race are lesser than them.

It is a nerf; and lets not forget that ADULT size got decreased too.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade
    ... lets not forget that ADULT size got decreased too.
    *nods* .. and that's the kicker...

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade
    ...and lets not forget that ADULT size got decreased too.

Was there every any proof of that? All I ever saw was speculation from a few players, and the strongest evidence being that we fit in small doorways now. However that was simply a result of a smaller bounding box, our model still comes no where clsoe to fitting in thoes doors.

Anyway, reguarding the ancient size thing: I no longer support returning to the old size. What I would support, is a toggle built into the options, a simple radio button, Old Ancient Size, New Ancient Size. Everyone's happy. For my part, I would use the New ancient size. Ive used the old ones on and off, and yes it is very impressive looking. But I find it fairly unpracticle. I do not like the way the huge ancients look inside lair tunnels and spiral ramps, I don't like the fact that I am already using /setscale 0.4 or sometimes 0.1 on myself while crafting and hunting for tech comps from some creatures, just because I cant see a damned thing around myself. I don't like having to go Khutit just to see past my wings inside mining tunnels if I am being curteous to others. Frankly, the old one looks awesome, and they made the change at a /really/ bad time, but I do like the new one better.
    Lumineux Talar

[/sarcasm on]

ok then.. make bipeds smaller, they are blockign my sunlight, really : P

especally those half-giants with their big axes and swords, horrible i must say!

[/sarcasm off]

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

hm.. my apologies, then, i didn't realise that was only rumor

Hyacinthe

I for one, like the change. I have screenshots after I became ancient on Blight, before the size was changed. In flight, my wingtips wouldn't even fit in the screen.
    Too big in my opinion. The model we have now is 25% larger than the adult model wereas the other model was 40% bigger.

I like the new ancient size too...except for the slit in my neck where the bottom front of the head doesn't quite meet. Fix that and it'll be prefect. On the old model it fit seamlessly. Also another thing that bothers me, and it's on both models, is the stupid slit in the back of my head where the two sides of the model don't quite meet....I'm tired of being able to rather noticably see through the back of my head.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

Thread Information