Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Release Notes - Live Update - January 17, 2006

Default Release Notes - Live Update - January 17, 2006

The following additions, changes and fixes are being applied to Chaos and Order on Tuesday, January 17, 2006:

Lair and Lairshaping: [*]Crystalline Lattice Forms will now require the Lairshaping Ability and the Crystalshaping Machine.[*]Deleted Lair Chambers that used Primal Essence of Melding will now properly send Novian Primal Essence of Melding into your vault upon deletion.[*]Fixed a bug with Expert and Master Focused Azulyte Crystal formulas which prevented them from recognizing Unfocused Azulyte Crystals.[*]Corrected the minimum skill requirement of a Tier 2 Helian/Lunus Hall from 225 to 200. The optimal skill is 425.[*]Corrected the XP values for applying resources to Tier 4 Helian/Lunus Lairs.[*]Corrected the resource requirements of Tier 6 Helian/Lunus Lair chambers.[*]Corrected the XP values for applying Tier 3 Flowstones and Tier 4 Excoriations to Tier 4 Helian/Lunus Halls.[*]Relstaroth the Lairshaper Trainer now carries the Journeyman Focused Azulyte Crystal formula.[*]?Crystalshaping Mastery III? quest will now properly give out the proper ability when completed. Players will need to delete the quest and obtain it again in order to properly receive this update.[*]Expert Maelstone formula will now properly classify as Expert instead of Master.[*]Bgn/Jrn/Exp/Mas Cast Stone formulas now require a Stone Cutter instead of a Stoneworking Pedestal. This will allow players to receive a bonus to the Stoneworking skill when processing Cast Stone.[*]Quest ?Lairshaping Mastery V? will now properly give out the ability of the same name when completed. Players will need to delete the quest and obtain it again in order to properly receive this update.[*]Corrected the XP values when applying Primal Essence of Mergence to a Tier 5 Lunus or Helian Consignment chamber.[*]The Dragon Council and Relstaroth the Lairshaper have agreed to increase the capacity that can be stored in Lair Storage chambers. The new totals are:[*]Tier 1 ? 25000 bulk[*]Tier 2 ? 40000 bulk[*]Tier 3 ? 55000 bulk[*]Tier 4 ? 70000 bulk[*]Tier 5 ? 85000 bulk[*]Tier 6 ? 100000 bulk[/list][*]Corrected the minimum and maximum Skill and Units required when applying Polished Maelstones to a Tier 5 Helian/Lunus Essence Shaping chamber.[*]Lowered the resource requirements for Lair Storage chambers.[*]Lair Reverse Spiral and Lair Corner Spiral chambers are now available.[*]All reported subterranean trees and rocks have been removed. If you encounter any additional ones, please contact support.istaria.com[*]All reported underwater lairs have been corrected. If you encounter any additional ones, please contact support.istaria.com[/list]

Adventurer: [*]Vital Defiance will no longer show up with a no-asset box.[*]Surge of Armor V will now classify properly as a ?boon? in the Knowledge window.[*]Nahguk Pygmies will now drop Pygmy Ears instead of Ogre Jawbones.[*]Conjurer abilities, Flame and Ice Elements, will now save on logout.[*]Lowered the minimum spawn time for Kaa the Shade.[*]Adjusted the skill requirement for Expert Ice Bomb from 820 to 920. XP and resource requirements increased to reflect this change.[*]Radiant and Shining (Blight, Energy, Flame, Ice, Mind and Spirit) Crystals will give the proper effect when consumed.[*]Demonskin Staff is now usable by Battlemages and Druids.[*]The Trophy Hunters in Kion and Sslanis are now looking for Large and Giant Sand Beetle Compound Eyes.[*]Ugrot the Ice Ogre and Kungi the Ice Pygmy will now count towards completion of the Level 40 Drain Strike IV quest for Dragons.[*]Dimebach the Nickel Golem and Gravier the Granite Golem will now count towards completion of the Level 40 Accurate Breath IV quest for Dragons.[*]Biting Necroflies will no longer drop coin, but now have a greater chance of dropping more than one loot item.[*]Grup the Sand Pygmy on New Trismus now carries appropriate loot.[*]Stunner III now has a recycle time of 30 seconds.[*]Defy Nature II will now overwrite Defy Nature I when it is obtained.[/list]

Tradeskill: [*]Master Weapon, Armor and Scale Formulas no longer have a level requirement, and are strictly skill based.[*]Corrected the Reklar's Tower Shield formula to check your Armorcraft skill when scribing, instead of your Weaponcraft skill.[*]Corrected the appearance and tricking options for Staves, both standard and Fine. Staves have from 3 to 7 tricking options available to them. Fine Yew Quarterstaff, Yew Quarterstaff, Yew Shillelagh, and Yew Staff can now be tricked again.[*]Beginner Dairy Products now call for a Cooking Table instead of a Cauldron.[*]Tier 4 Human House now uses the correct storage sizes of 80 stacks and 9600 bulk.[*]Updated the description of Redbacked Spider Breeder Eyes to properly list the techniques that require it.[*]Technique ?Craft: Essence Structuring III? now requires Redbacked Tarantula Eyes instead of Myloc Hair.[*]Technique ?Adventure: Primal IV? now requires Arbotus Gullet instead of Myloc Hag Feet.[*]Technique ?Adventure: Dragon Breath IV? now requires Shadow Spider Fang instead of Myloc Hag Feet.[*]Weaver Trainers now carry the Journeyman Leather Tannin formula.[*]Beginner Dried Fruit now asks for a Baking Spatula instead of Clay Scoop.[*]Skill requirements for Beginner, Journeyman, Expert and Master Fungal Hide Processing forms updated to 150, 350, 550, 750, 950 and 1150.[*]Journeyman Fungal Cap Processing form added to all Gatherer trainers.[/list]

New Trismus: [*]Four new quests added to Kerian the Dragon Crafter on New Trismus.[*]Imitation Scale of the Prime quest renamed to ?Learn about the Helian faction? and added to Avariatus on New Trismus to be given out prior to level 10. It now contains significantly more lore and does not require you to port to Vladtmordt to obtain the Imitation Scale of the Prime.[*]Imitation Tempered Scale quest renamed to ?Learn about the Lunus faction? and added to Avariatus on New Trismus to be given out prior to level 10. It now contains significantly more lore and does not require you to port to Vladtmordt to obtain the Imitation Tempered Scale.[*]Adjusted the quest ?Avariatus' Quest: Slap around some beetles with Tail Whip? so that the waypoint is easier to find and that the dialog and quest steps are more clear about which beetles to kill.[/list]

Miscellaneous: [*]Mithril Nodes will now correctly give Red Ornaments as Bonus Resources instead of Purple Ornaments.[*]Alchemist's Gears will no longer be available until Phase 2 of new Crystals is rolled out.[*]Players will always get a road bonus while underground.[/list]
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Release Notes - Live Update - January 17, 2006

[Y][Y][Y][Y][Y][Y]

nice job!

ssylva

[*]?Crystalshaping Mastery III? quest will now properly give out the proper ability when completed. Players will need to delete the quest and obtain it again in order to properly receive this update.

Ok lets say you have already done the crystal mastery 3 quest...

Can you delete a quest you have already finished? (This would seem very abusable to me -- what would stop someone from doing the same quest 50 times for exp?)

Can I just wait till I hit 70th level and do the crystal mastery 4 quest and if so will it affect my skill properly?

I would think that if you've already completed the quest, the mastery "ability" will show up in your list, and your crystalshaping level will have gone up 10 points, when you log in after maintenance.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth

Miscellaneous: [*]Mithril Nodes will now correctly give Red Ornaments as Bonus Resources instead of Purple Ornaments.[*]Alchemist's Gears will no longer be available until Phase 2 of new Crystals is rolled out.[*]Players will always get a road bonus while underground.[/list]
    So is this just a bonus that is applied to dragon lairs so they don't have to be inconvienced with walking slow with a Cargo disk through their lairs to apply their product to their 5th lvl down hallway.. or is this a bonus that will be applied to all the mines / tunnels / etc. that are already in game... like the satyr mines, or the tunnel that leads to the iron in Aughendahl mountains... or the various other caves and mines and tunnels that bipeds tend to traverse often as well??

Thanks...
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

I would think that if you've already completed the quest, the mastery "ability" will show up in your list, and your crystalshaping level will have gone up 10 points, when you log in after maintenance.
    Unfortunately it will not. This is because it is an ability that is given in the quest itself. You can submit a ticket to support.istaria.com and we can add this ability for you or you can complete the next Crystalshaping Mastery quest which will give you the next tier ability.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

"So is this just a bonus that is applied to dragon lairs so they don't have to be inconvienced with walking slow with a Cargo disk through their lairs to apply their product to their 5th lvl down hallway.. or is this a bonus that will be applied to all the mines / tunnels / etc. that are already in game... like the satyr mines, or the tunnel that leads to the iron in Aughendahl mountains... or the various other caves and mines and tunnels that bipeds tend to traverse often as well??"

This applies to all movement underground where the surface would provide smooth travel. All of your examples would be covered.

David
    David Bowman

Quote Originally Posted by David Bowman
    "So is this just a bonus that is applied to dragon lairs so they don't have to be inconvienced with walking slow with a Cargo disk through their lairs to apply their product to their 5th lvl down hallway.. or is this a bonus that will be applied to all the mines / tunnels / etc. that are already in game... like the satyr mines, or the tunnel that leads to the iron in Aughendahl mountains... or the various other caves and mines and tunnels that bipeds tend to traverse often as well??"

This applies to all movement underground where the surface would provide smooth travel. All of your examples would be covered.

David
    "smooth travel"
    please clarify what you mean by that.
    Are implying that it is "smooth travel" up the Aughendahl mine tunnel up to where the iron is?

Ps. how about posting what you said in IRC chat about the order and chaos shards patching today as not everyone was privy to that- thanks

Decon out

Quote Originally Posted by Decon
    "smooth travel"
    please clarify what you mean by that.
    Are implying that it is "smooth travel" up the Aughendahl mine tunnel up to where the iron is?

Decon out
    What he means is any world project tunnel or any other "worked" type tunnel that should have a "smooth" worked floor will have the road bonus. So I would assume yes the Aug mine tunnels leading up should have a bonus. I have not been ou to them in ages but would assume they fall in the "worked tunnel" set.

Tradeskill: [*]Master Weapon, Armor and Scale Formulas no longer have a level requirement, and are strictly skill based.
    [/list]Maybe I have missed something (mea culpa, I've been a tad less involved with HZ of late, though I am /far/ from leaving) ... but ... Master Weapons? As in, Adamantium Two Handed Swords and such? Those are in game? *drools in anticipation*

-:Levity Merrel

Levity ~

apparently, the Valkor & Reklar forms are considered "Master" forms...
    (why I'm not sure, as they use T5 resources....)
    Got Cowbell?

Master Forms so far:

Valkor's Blood Talon
    Valkor's Blood Sword
    Bloodthorn Bow
    Bloodthorn Staff

Reklar's Tail Scale
    Reklar's Tower Shield
    Reklar's Cursed Cudgel
    Reklar's Sash of Fury
    Reklar's Chaos Chakram

You need 1200 skill in the crafting class to craft these

The Reklar items require 1000 skill to use/equip. Level 100 for the tail. Valkor items I believe are all level 90 to use.

They are not crafted with t5 resources. They are made from "pieces" which drop from tier 7 mobs of the same name.No resources other than the pieces are used.

[*]Mithril Nodes will now correctly give Red Ornaments as Bonus Resources instead of Purple Ornaments.[*]
    [/list]

So does that mean the Winter festival isn't ending with maintenance after all? If not,when does it end?
    Guildmaster of The Alliance
    http://The-Alliance.cjb.net

The Winter Festival is not over yet, that is correct. But it will be ending soon.

Shadukar

This is all good news and every thing but could some one please tell me why it has taken the entire day to put this patch up? Most companies release a patch in the very early morning. I see that you do so around 5 amand thats great. But this is a small patch by comparison and here it is 5:39 Pm.12 hours+ and the shards are still down?Now granted iI havn't beenaround for a long time (release) so i have to ask.Are patch days normally like this (meaning shards down all day)? Not that i'm complaining or anything. Mainly just curious if there was an unexpected issue or some such.

Quote Originally Posted by David Bowman
    Quote Originally Posted by fratricide

David
    Thanks David, I was just wanting to make sure us bipeds were not being left out on this "bonus" feature that IMHO should have been there all a long as someone, at some point in time, had to actually make the traveling surface, well at least all the ones I have seen thus far as I havn't seen any "naturally" occuring cave formations in the game (well at least not yet).
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Ryssa, from the Horizons main page, blight notes:
    While little is known about the Festival Treants, their affinity for gift giving has overshadowed their mysterious arrival. Now that the Winter Festival is drawing to a close, people have begun to wonder what will become of their generous new friends. Not everyone is curious however, as they already know what effects this time of year have on the spirits of the Treants..... [*]Reklar's Winds of Fury is now removable and will no longer be affected by Detoxify.[*]Beginner Essence Construction Sphere added to Enchanter trainers.[*]Quest ?Dragon: Gain the power of the Draining Strike? now expects 10 Cedar or Massive Cedar Treants instead of 20.[*]Purple Necroflies should now be more social and aggressive.[*]Darsenia, a Satyr Druid, has arrived in Mahagra and is studying the emergence of Blighted Festival Treants.[*]Professor Ferdo Roonwinkle in New Rachival has begun a new line of research and now carries a set of formula for sale.
    [/list]

Note the preamble and the addition of two new NPC's. It appears we will have ornaments and perhaps "blighted" ornament treants for some time to come.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Thanks David, I was just wanting to make sure us bipeds were not being left out on this "bonus" feature that IMHO should have been there all a long as someone, at some point in time, had to actually make the traveling surface, well at least all the ones I have seen thus far as I havn't seen any "naturally" occuring cave formations in the game (well at least not yet).
    Biped plots have had road bonus for some time now, if not always.

Hrmm, I never noticed getting road bonus on any of my plots.

oneirosuchus

Nope, no bonus on my plot, either, even on the stone paths. It would be nice.

Thread Information