Thread: Concerning the current event

Default Concerning the current event

First off, thank you for the new event.

I would like to suggest that you allow the new kwellens also to drop the secondary, tertiary, or however many pieces there may be of the fragments.

Or, make daknor permanent so that everyone can eventually complete the quest (similar to valkor).

Having to fight for a mob that is camped and on a 4-6 hour timer and gather an indeterminate amount of pieces that do not always drop for you, within a month time frame is just not fun. I am already bored with the event because it seems unattainable and I don't even know what my goal is...4 pieces....10 pieces...?

So I implore you, please...PLEASE leave Daknor(sp?) in game after the event to allow people to complete it in their own time.

Thank you
    Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

Default Re: Concerning the current event

Why..... do they insist on making Event Quest Mobs on 1+ hour spawns, when they Know there is a LARGE high level Playerbase, especially when the mob doesn't give the drop 100% of the time?

I've read other threads about just how dang hard these mobs are, and how fast they kill Lv100+ players. Another MMORPG that I play in, makes the SAME stupid mistake. They have mobs there that pop on Very Very Sparse basis. They have mobs that pop ONCE PER IRL WEEK. They drop items that EVERYONE wants, and of course, Everyone is going to camp the stupid thing, just praying for a pop.

Tulga wants Istaria to be a CO-OP world, right? You don't get Co-op by inviting Harsh competition. Wanna know what you get? You get Greed. You get Anger. You get Hate. You get Jealousy. You get Hate. You get Resentment. You get personal disputes.. "You stole my mob! You #*@#*!!!" kinda thing.

I'm not saying Make it Easy. Anyone who has read the event threads knows that these mobs are NOT easy, and hey. That's cool. But after putting THAT much effort up, on something you Might get a shot at every 4-6 hours, surely it should At Least drop the item 100% of the time. Heck, make it drop 5 of those items. And yes, as the OP said, Please don't make this a 1 month event. If a mob pops every 4-6 hours, during one Month (we'll assume 31 days), that mob will pop Roughly 4-6 times per day. So we are looking at 124 to 186 pops during that 31-day month. Let's take off those 6 for the time it takes the thing to die (the counter starts at Time of Death (ToD) right? This thing doesn't die in a few minutes. It takes awhile to kill something that has 50+K HP and can kill a Lv100 player in seconds).

So, it pops what, 120-180 times per 31 day Period. There's how many Lv100+ players wanting to finish the quest? Add to the fact, the item Doesn't Always Drop. Heck we don't even know how many of those we need, do we?

I think the 4-6 hour pop thing.... Eeeeh. Unecessary. I say we reduce it to 30-60 min from ToD. Camping a mob for 4, 5, 6 hours is Boring as Sin. Camping a mob is Not a Challenge. The Mob Itself, when it spawns, is all the challenge you could ask for. I heard this guy could eat SoG for breakfast then move on to have Valkor for lunch. That's Plenty of Challenge Enough. And then, let's say you do spend the 4-6 hours camping the stupid thing, and you helplessly sit there and watch as someone else grabs it before you do, and BAM. 4-6 hours down the drain, 4-6 hours to go until your next try.

This camping thing is NOT fun. Please reconsider this in your future events.

I came to Horizons, because of the Dragons, and because unlike my other MMORPGs, there isn't as much Player-Based Competition, Anger, and Hate. I came here, because the Playerbase seemed Fair, Helpful, Nice, and Pleasant.

Please don't encourage Greed, Hate, Jealousy and all of those other things, Tulga. The reason why your game rocks so much, is the fact that there's still challenge, but yet, there's very little for players to ever fight over. The last thing we need are players to get angry at each other, because they are simply Tired of camping a quest mob for hours on end.

--Dhalin

Update:

Daknor the Berserk is going to be spawning more often, on the Blight Feb 17 patch.

That means it should hit Live soon.

Very good news, I'm glad that the Devs seem to share my opinion with this, hehe.

--Dhalin

Dhalin wrote, and I agree with:

Tulga wants Istaria to be a CO-OP world, right? You don't get Co-op by inviting Harsh competition. Wanna know what you get? You get Greed. You get Anger. You get Hate. You get Jealousy. You get Hate. You get Resentment. You get personal disputes.. "You stole my mob! You #*@#*!!!" kinda thing.

I came to Horizons, because of the Dragons, and because unlike my other MMORPGs, there isn't as much Player-Based Competition, Anger, and Hate. I came here, because the Playerbase seemed Fair, Helpful, Nice, and Pleasant.

Please don't encourage Greed, Hate, Jealousy and all of those other things, Tulga. The reason why your game rocks so much, is the fact that there's still challenge, but yet, there's very little for players to ever fight over. The last thing we need are players to get angry at each other, because they are simply Tired of camping a quest mob for hours on end.

I would like to see everyone who takes part in sucha challenging hunt as requires a full 10 ubers (rating 100+)to win find the quest reward in the battle each time, as happened with the first hide piece. I had the wonderful fortune to loot the second hide piece on my second battle with Daknor, and was astonished that no one else could. That left me feeling guilty because others had put a lot more effort into hunting Daknor and were still without.

This was compounded by the third time I hunted Daknor - again, I was the one who was able to loot the (again second piece) of hide. We had two groups participating in the hunt, several in my group andin the local chatsaid they could not loot or could not see the hide piece, so I looted it for fear ofboth groups losing the one piece we'd all worked so hard for. A /random bit of time later I handed the second 2nd hide piece to the winner of that. While happy for the winner, I felt disappointed and frustrated on behalf of all the others who had participated to no avail. I do not mind dp's for a quest and I do love puzzles, but I hate that others are stuck behind. I want to see my online friends - particularly those that helped me succeed -having great fun in overcoming the challenge too, not disappointment/frustration.

We are a community that tries to work together so everyone benefits. Competition for limited rare resources undermines this community. **PLEASE** design future questssuch that (given sufficient help/resources) EVERYONE who meets the starting quest requirements andparticipates can complete the quest, regardless of how many others do it.

The world of Istaria is a wondrous, delightful place for me. Thank you so much for creating it, and for caring enough to keep it interesting beyond the initial explorations. After nearly 2 years of playing, I still look forward to what is coming next and to getting into misadventures with it. [8-|]

*tosses a snowball at you and scampers off*

For the hide loot. All open loot window but nobody loots. As all have an oĆ¼pen lootwindow all klick lot all. This way all members get a piece of hide. At least it worked that way on Unity.
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

This was the method I propsed on Order as well. we havent tried it yet though. good to hear it works.
    Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

Hrm,

Seems like fertile ground for ninja looting.

Even on Chaos which is the most populated shard, I can make an announcement in Marketplace that we are forming up to kill Daknor, and only 3 to 5 (additional) even come. I can't think of anyone who has wanted to do this quest who hasn't.

There is no ninaj looting as the hide pieces are independently generated for each person. What one person sees is different than the rest. Some get Singed (thier first kill only), some get Charred (subsequest kills after talking to Jetell again with Singed in posession), some nothing, all on the same kill.

You do not even need to be in the kill group to loot, wait a minute the loot window will eventually open for you (after several "not Allowed" messages). Anyone of any level could theoretically do that after the kill, with no danger to themselves assuming they get down there in one piece.

I do think the rest will have to be patched in. At the moment theres only 2 different hide pieces. This event seems to be in "stages", reminiscient of Freeing the Dryads series of events.

Please put as much effort into doing the quest as you have complaining about it/this/that/& the other. It's not that big of a deal.

Thread Information