Thread: Where is our crystal shaper please?

Los Angeles (but originally Wallasey, England)

Default Where is our crystal shaper please?

Apparently we were promised a crystal shaper on New Trismus. We really need it!

Any word yet on when that might arrive please?

Thanks.

Lord Michlo / Master Noxuathl

Founder and Protector of Clan Walker
    http://www.ClanWalker.net

Default Re: Where is our crystal shaper please?

No Crystalshaper is due to be placed on New Trismus. That lair is for practice only.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Los Angeles (but originally Wallasey, England)

Hmm, odd, the community projects thread states that when we were told this, we were also told that a crystal shaper would be put elsewhere on the island.

Why was it decided we could not have one? We have the crystals there and correct me if I'm wrong but the biped construction workers can process all of their T1 materials with the machines present can they not?

Thank you.

Lord Michlo / Master Noxuathl

Founder and Protector of Clan Walker
    http://www.ClanWalker.net

I could almost answer that (this is a good guess):

1: in order to learn crystal shaping you need to have a 170 gemworking ability (to join lairshaping school) this means 20th level dragon crafter

2: how many people actually stay on New Trismus and level their crafting to 20th using the resources on the starter island? That doesn't sound too exciting for a dragon to spend all that time at New Trismus

3: even though the mine has the crystals, the only benefit to having a shaper there is for older dragons already doing lairshaping, to show up in droves to mine out the outcroppings in the mine. At the present moment, there are NO game provided machines near any of the Viridian deposits on Lesser Aradoth, the nearest one being a lair in Parsinia (on chaos) that has built both a crystal shaper and an Essence processor (which makes making primal essence of melding a snap)

By the Devs placing a crystal shaper on NT, is like ringing the triangle dinner bell to all of the dragons building lairs out there. When I played my new dragon on NT, I noticed A LOT of ancient, or high level players strip mining NT for resources. There are plenty of other places out there that have easy to harvest tier 1 resources.... like one of the "not so used" trainer islands
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

I could dig through old comments but I thought they said there would NOT be a crystal shaper on New Trismus. Players LOBBIED for one but I don't think the devs ever said there would be. In fact they explicitly said just the opposite.

If you're that high you really need to get off New Trismus anyway.

There was a statement saying none on new trismus, but yes to lesser aradoth.

I have a really good memory... and can't find the actual post, but it stated that they were inviting the idea of putting a public machine on LA, but NOT NT as there was no reason to have a crystal shaper on the trainer island.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34

There is a public Crystalshaper with one store room on LA. Just below the rim of the blighted Moutain above Pars.

tyshadragon

Quote Originally Posted by Goriax
    I could dig through old comments but I thought they said there would NOT be a crystal shaper on New Trismus. Players LOBBIED for one but I don't think the devs ever said there would be. In fact they explicitly said just the opposite.

If you're that high you really need to get off New Trismus anyway.
    The posts I think you are looking for are here: http://community.istaria.com/Web/Sho...?PostID=113380 :)

Quote Originally Posted by Deth
    There is a public Crystalshaper with one store room on LA. Just below the rim of the blighted Moutain above Pars.
    Is that built yet? I'd think a machine accessible only by flight would really be a top priority in a T1 area.......

Guildmaster of The Alliance
    http://The-Alliance.cjb.net

Here is the thread about it on Order.

http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=117936

From that thread: "Well, Tamaracaran just tried it and there IS a walk path going up that starts in Nuthala."

It is not finished on Order as we have a player lair open claoser to the Kion Valcano Mine. I plan to start on it once I finish the Chiconis Mine.

It's not complete (last I looked) on Chaos either. It's not in a good spot, even with the crystals dotting the blight area. It's a pain to get to the crystals & back without flight.

I think the spot where the Lower Iron smelter was pre-merge would have been a much better choice.

Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

The way it is now on Chaos for T1 Viridian:

Either you gather the unfocused crystals at the Kion Volcano mine and run them down the hill to the big tree you run under, and then hang a left, run up to the community woodshop next to the Cedar, and off the cliff (where the huge tree is) and end up in front of "Vault 13" lair with the Crystal shaper and Scholar shop in it.

Or...

Fly up to the rim, gather crystals with your disk and then walk off the rim down to Vault 13 (or the new crystal shaper in the lair below the rim)

I added a T3 gemworks to Vault 13 as well. Contributions are welcome. I may make the T2 consigner on level 0 public once it's finished, justso those who want to make & sell T1 resources have a ready marketplace.

All this is a bit off-topic, so...

I really do think that the azulyte on NT should be removed - it just causes confusion. Parsenia and Nuthala are ideal for T1crafting - of all kinds, not just lairshaping -and new players should not have to compete with level 100s for resources. There are three crystal spawns, two bronze &three sandstone spawns, two gem mines,two good ceder spawnsand three dim wisp spawns, all within a few minutes travel.

Leave New Tris for the new folks.

(This message brought to you by the Parsenia/Nuthala Travel & Tourism Board) [;)]
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

What about moving the community cave from Nuthala to a location closer to the southern gem/crystal cave?

Right now, both caves aren't used because they are either badly located or have no machine close by. And both would be accessible by ground, which what all tier 1 resource and cave should be.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Thread Information