Thread: Crafting Quest above skill

Scree

Default Crafting Quest above skill

The crafting trainer in Dralk just gave me a crafting quest to make 15 Obsidian Bricks.
    That would be all fine and dandy...

Obsidian Bricks require a minimum skill of 600. My skill - at level 63 - is 581.

There is no collection task for obsidian slabs (which I can barely at this level either, but am getting some off the golems at least.) but there is for opals etc.

Yes, I can go to a T4 or a Journeyman shop to do them, but that's beside the point. Without scales, without biped buffs, in a racial town craft shop - you cannot make those bricks at the level the quest is given out. You might want to move the bricks to level 65 so people can at least make them, and add a gather obsidian slabs (like all the previous levels had) in there instead.

Aside from that... after 53 Lava Golems... I have precicely 1 Trophy. And that was given to me by another dragon who also only got that particular one trophy.
    You're making us hunt lvl 75+ mobs for trophies... at level 65+. I can barely survive one of those things at level 67. Good exp, but it's as pointless to hunt them as it is hunting Ice Golems.
    Obsidian Golems netted me 2 trophies after a solid 3 hrs hunting nothing but boulder golems.
    And if you group up for them, which I normally do, you random the trophies... and usually outlevel them before you have enough for one turn in.
    Pointless and frustrating.
    I don't even have to go after those things for my quest yet and when I do, I'm already beyond turning in the trophies - just like the Ice Golems. What is the point of that?

Default Re: Crafting Quest above skill

I don't know what it is, but you have to do something wrong ...

Dragons are very powerful 1:1-fighters and there should be no problem for a lvl 65 Dragon to kill a lvl 75 mob (if not a named one, ok). As i read in your post you don't use teched scales - well maybe that's the point. Or the usage of your TP's. There is many possibilities.

Teching everything is the KEY to a proper gameplay in Horizons. So better get you (and your guildies) motivated to get you some teched scales ...

Scree

Default Re: Crafting Quest above skill

Most of the Lava Golems I've seen were level 79. Yes, I can kill them - barely. Even with teched scales I have to use everything I have against a level 79/80 mob at level 65.

Thread Information