Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Event Quest

Default Re: Event Quest

Got Cowbell?

Sounds good Rhyssa, but remember I was not in the group, nor did I at the initial time before the battle know whom the person that sent me a tell was talking about. So I could not send you a tell prior to battle. And as you know its very difficult to deal with any of those issues once we start fighting Draknor.

Whats done is done. My comment was for future reference. Glad to hear you completed the quest.

Jayne

Quote Originally Posted by Deth
    OK with that hoard I will very happily take that. and the link worked. Also sounds like there are going to be other quest to earn rank. Did you get both the shield and a rank emblem?

yes I am most curious about this "purchasing additonal ranks"...

Does the emblem right now if you equip it give you a certain rank in your name??

..I hope not only level 100s are going to have future options to fulfill quests and earn "higher" ranks by, perhaps, turning in lower ranks (or turning in 40 tokens or whatever)...

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae
    Does the emblem right now if you equip it give you a certain rank in your name??
    If yuo read closely, it is not an emblem, but a token. I suspect it will work like all the other tokens in game; when used at a proper NPC they go as cash for... something. Like maybe an emblem that displays rank in Imperial army. Seeing they are giving out a token instead of an emblem, the final reward is probably a choice where you must decide what buy with your token(s) from a list of choices.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyssa
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Jayne wrote:
    Also someone in main group had two characters and was only playing one. This is inconciderate and I should hope in the future people will speak up and say something. Lets just be conciderate now that we know there is possiblity we can't loot.

Ticktack did speak up and said to invite others after kill if you were in main group that could loot. That way we could be allowed to loot. As I see it right now you have one chance to loot. There is no more running back and forth and continuing to actually loot a piece.

Jayne

I was the one with 2 characters in the group and I asked in mp several times before gi'ing my dragon at the last minute before the fight. If there's an empty slot and no-one else wants to join then why shouldn't I have 2 chars fighting? Daknor's a hard fight and the larger the group the easier he goes down. I was playing one char but the other was set to auto-attack so was still contributing to the battle.
    I dropped her from a group earlier in the day to let someone else join when the 10th slot was needed, but still kept her attacking while not in the group. I was watching main window and did not see anyone ask if there was a spare space in the group, and I didn't see you or the other person arrive.

If you'd sent me a tell I would've dropped her and gi'd you immediately; if you'd even asked in main chat if there was a spare slot I would've dropped her and gi'd you immediately. After the battle I was actually moving my mouse to boot her from group when someone else beat me to it - I even said thanks in the group window.

To quote your own words back at you "I should hope in the future people will speak up and say something" before they go accusing other people of being inconsiderate.
    The whole "Come on out and well add you to the group after the kill to loot" bit doesn't work. As I experienced first hand earlier today, do some damage, get a DP and then everyone loots the corpse andstands aroundwaiting for the corpse to disappear. Great plan!

Personally this is where the events are still lacking. Why bother taking part in the old raids, chances are you won't get to loot but maybe one of the bodies ... if that. In the future Tulga ... figure out a way to where multiple groups can share in the event. Especially when you've designed the mob for "multi-loot". If someone outside of a group can do enough damage to get the attention of the mob and a subsequent DP, then they should be allowed to loot whether or not they are in the main group.
    Master of the "Veiled Insult" .... Observe
    [veil]Your Mother was a hamster and your Father smells of elderberries[/veil]

Actually, you CAN loot even though not in the group that killed him.

This has happens on many hunts I have been in on and I have done it too.

Just wait till the group looting timer runs out, and loot him... IF you have the quest,
    you WILL be able to loot him. But be aware, that its random. You could get all 8
    pieces in one looting, or try 10 times and get nothing.

Best to just keep trying. Of course, if you give up trying, then no nifty shield for JOO!

As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Quote Originally Posted by Aamer Khan
    Actually, you CAN loot even though not in the group that killed him.

This has happens on many hunts I have been in on and I have done it too.

Just wait till the group looting timer runs out, and loot him... IF you have the quest,
    you WILL be able to loot him. But be aware, that its random. You could get all 8
    pieces in one looting, or try 10 times and get nothing.

Best to just keep trying. Of course, if you give up trying, then no nifty shield for JOO!
    NOT when you are not part of the main group and the body disappears before the timer expires to let you loot. YES this happens, and even though it may be rare it NEEDS to be addressed!

imported_Godly

ok i we on Unity also get shield and token from jatell

i want to say i get those for only 5 diferent hides " singed fragment hide, burned shread and fragment hide, charred portion and shread hide " hides

i have 8 differnet hides till now and still think there is 16 hides around
    question is i solved quest get shield and token so what now i cant get new quest, or what to do with rest hides anyone know

sry all for link of all hides

There are 8 pieces. If you are turning it them in and its taking some and not others I assume then like other quests yuo keep them, or delete them.

This is how you would do it:

Somehow the event should be able to drop an item instead of a skin (be it a token, body part, whatever) and have the victors turn it in for a random skin.

Though it isn't the greatest method (I mean really.... an NPC just Happens to have all the skins to give you is not lore friendly) it would be a fair one... then you don't have people fighting over who gets which skins based on need.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Who gets which skins... huh? The present system is very fair by generating random battle order skins for each who loots Daknor's corpse. If you get duplicates, trade them with other people who have dupes too. That's how it goes on Unity; after each kill you are bound to see WTT this-skin-for-that on Market channel.

edit: There's a little bug with the loot by the way. The skins cannot be looted by right-click and selecting loot from context menu. One needs to either press loot all or double-click the skin (which I didn't know was an alternative method until yesterday).

I agree with Varangaard, this is a very fair method for giving hides.

All it really takes is persistance to get all 8. I understand how it feels to wait to loot and before the timer runs out he dissappears. However, this is rare and just means that you need to try again. Last night I finally, after maybe 25-30 kills, got the last piece by trading dupes for it.

Obviously, if you can't use a shield like this, this quest may have little value to you.

Since I now have finished the quest, I will continue to go out as a cleric and assist with the hunt. If I can still get hides, I'll be giving them away. If I have any to give away, I'll link then and first to speak up will get 1.

See you out there :)
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Quote Originally Posted by Varangaard
    edit: There's a little bug with the loot by the way. The skins cannot be looted by right-click and selecting loot from context menu. One needs to either press loot all or double-click the skin (which I didn't know was an alternative method until yesterday).
    When did this bug appear? This would explain why my dragon hasn't looted a single hide in the last 2 days as I always right click and select loot.
    Guildmaster of The Alliance
    http://The-Alliance.cjb.net

I agree with Varangaard, this is a very fair method for giving hides.

All it really takes is persistance to get all 8. I understand how it feels to wait to loot and before the timer runs out he dissappears. However, this is rare and just means that you need to try again. Last night I finally, after maybe 25-30 kills, got the last piece by trading dupes for it.

Obviously, if you can't use a shield like this, this quest may have little value to you.

Since I now have finished the quest, I will continue to go out as a cleric and assist with the hunt. If I can still get hides, I'll be giving them away. If I have any to give away, I'll link then and first to speak up will get 1.

See you out there [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]
    This is where I have to disagree. In the last 4 hunts with Fist and Ima there were two times that I didn't get a chance to loot. Once as I explained earlier and once when he wouldn't drop and disappeared before I could get out of range and back to him. This is not my fault, this is not something that I feel needs to be addressed by "Try harder". It needs to be addressed by the devs, and personally seeing that this disappearing corpse "bug" has been around as long as it has, it shouldn't be acceptable.

If you get the chance to loot and get snake eyes then so be it. Not getting the chance to loot is something entirely different. As I'm known to say in group, the one that disappeared was the one that had the ubber loot! [:P]

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyssa
    When did this bug appear? This would explain why my dragon hasn't looted a single hide in the last 2 days as I always right click and select loot.
    Considering Daknor's loot was bugged initially, and I had some bad luck with loot immediately after the fix, it is only recently that I have had the chance to loot those hides off the kwellen commander. This bug was exhibited on my very first attempt to loot, but I suspect it has been around since Daknor was placed live. I haven't been killing any other mobs acutally, so I can only assume this is particular to Daknor because part of his loot (the hides) is generated to individuals, not the group as whole.

Ok fist, unless Smeglor or Amon says otherwise, I have to assume that how long a mob stays around after it dies is either somewhat random as well, or other factors control the timing. Perhaps it's server load, internet latency, or the ever dreaded "lag".

I do know that other mobs sometimes dissappear before you can loot them and sometimes stay around for 3-4 minutes. I really am not seeing Daknor as any different in this regard. My "try harder" comment was not meant to irritate you. I was just trying to indicate that since this doesnt happens all the time, the only real choice is to continue to try.

I noticed that a few on the last hunt, were lagged and had to run out of view to be able to even get the loot window... then to make matters worse, he poofed before they could get back in range to loot. Since this situation for them is due to client side issues, ( since only a few had that problem, the server was not involved.. this time ) I'm curious what TG can or should do to fix it?

Daknor is turning out to be a very frustrating mob, since the reward is not on par with Valkor , Reklar, or SOG. He has a sluggish mind mezz that he often hits group members right at the end, thus making the mezzed player have to wait a minute to even move, much less move out of and back into range to loot. VERY frustrating!

I applaude the work that TG has put into improving FPS and over all performance. However, this last hotfix seems to have caused more harm than good.

Ok fist, unless Smeglor or Amon says otherwise, I have to assume that how long a mob stays around after it dies is either somewhat random as well, or other factors control the timing. Perhaps it's server load, internet latency, or the ever dreaded "lag".
    Well, we on unity insist that the main loot-window - it opens to the first one looting and shows all the other things like crystals or trophy - is NOT emptied totally. In our feeling the body stays longer when it has some soulfrags, IBM's or other crap in it. So the one looting first should know about the "Double-leftclick"-trick and NOT hit "loot all".

I noticed that a few on the last hunt, were lagged and had to run out of view to be able to even get the loot window... then to make matters worse, he poofed before they could get back in range to loot. Since this situation for them is due to client side issues, ( since only a few had that problem, the server was not involved.. this time ) I'm curious what TG can or should do to fix it?
    I am convinced it is a bad side-effect of the new client. Hunted him several times be4, never encountered it. And yes, if his area-mezz "Blood Cry" hits you just be4 his death and due to the bug you still see him alive and can't loot, well .... [8o|]

Let's just hope the "Bigger Thing" that this event opens for us is worth it. =)

I do know that other mobs sometimes dissappear before you can loot them and sometimes stay around for 3-4 minutes. I really am not seeing Daknor as any different in this regard. My "try harder" comment was not meant to irritate you. I was just trying to indicate that since this doesnt happens all the time, the only real choice is to continue to try.

Daknor is turning out to be a very frustrating mob, since the reward is not on par with Valkor , Reklar, or SOG. He has a sluggish mind mezz that he often hits group members right at the end, thus making the mezzed player have to wait a minute to even move, much less move out of and back into range to loot. VERY frustrating!

I applaude the work that TG has put into improving FPS and over all performance. However, this last hotfix seems to have caused more harm than good.
    Far from irritated Aamer ... just disagree, that's all. ;)

And yes I'm still participating in the quest, just wish the "little" issues were being addressed by at least one person in Tulga. ;)

In all the times I've been in the 2nd group which didn't get the kill credit, I've never not been able to loot. I've had times where I was mezed with bloodcry for a full minute after, and daknor was still standing up from the buggy health bar we have lately, then I ran out of range, came back (so he would drop dead) and looted.

Daknor despawning isn't fast, you have a good 5 mins mostly.

For the most part I would agree with you AA0, but lately, possibly due to the last hotfix or patch, I have personally seen him disappear in under a minute. And this was not enought time to even run out of range and get back to him. For those still under blood cry, they were simply out of luck

If you on order have never seen this, perhaps something is different there than here on chaos, I don't know. I am seeing this frustrating situation over and over, and while I do think we have no choice but wait to see what TG can do, I don't want anyone to believe that Daknor won't despawn too quick to loot... because he at times does.

Thread Information