Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Get Ready for Fafnir....Spoiler alert

Default Re: Get Ready for Fafnir....

Yes Rhyssa.... We don't belong to the "elite" group I do believe.

I spoke privately to an un-named individual whom said and I quote

"There was nothing in chat except Me and Mydnyte chatting" and "didn't see anyone saying anything about rolling randomly for the stuff"

So.... this individual must have been "reading only group chat or guild chat" and ignored the public game chat as 8 characters patiently waited to see if anybody was going to get the loot that this individual grabbed from the corpse.

And then this individual recalled... how nice...

So, of the few events I try to attend when I get home from work on patch day, I decided to join a few guild members and head out there to find a full health fafnir and a group of us started whittling down his health... racked up about 4 dp getting him down to 15K health when I got whacked for 14K by the shotgun of his... by the time I got back, he had been killed by the rest of the fighters.

This probably will be the last event I attend in this game.... I want to have fun, and be rewarded for my efforts... I can have more fun hunting for dragon hoard and forms from wolves and golems, then having this poor loot handling system give only 1 person the booty.

Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Personally i'm happy this new mob is a hound, not a dragon - as one could assume by hearing the name of a mythological Dragon-Figure (Saga of the Nibelungs).

Some on Unity already prepared for what they called "Fafnirr(name of my Dragon)-Bashing" and made wild speculations about what the loot will be. [:S]

But back to the Blighted Hound: I'm really curious if one could survive this "Scorch-Attack" by combining all sorts of blight-protection.

What comes to my mind is:
    - Blight Protection Potion V
    - Radiant Blight Xtals in 1 Armor- and 1 Jewelry-socket and 1 swallowed
    - Ceremonial Tower Shield
    - Blight Ward V
    - All Sorts of Blighted Equipment with +150 Blight-Resistance
    - any more suggestions ...?

When we tried the 2nd time on Order (In Helcat's Group) I had cast Blight Ward V on everyone and everyone used Blight Protection Potion V. Some members had the Ceremonial Tower Shield as well. No one in range took less than 14k.

It might just be an attack that is unpreventable to survive. Thereforerely on tactics to win the day. It worked the 3rd time.

Tactics is a good thing. It's about time we had a real challenge.. and something that we have to use our brains in order to beat! ((and I'm not saying that to be mean or rude to anyone.. I'm saying this because the game does become a 'whack-a-mole' game with your ability buttons after a while. Hence why this is a good thing! ^.^))

And yes.. The reason why he would hit so fast is both Energize II and the aura Group Energize. I know that Group Energize reduces delay by 15%, and with the 1 second delay cap removed.... well.. It gives a Stormy a very good use in a group setting.

And like I said.. just be glad he doesn't have the ability to cast Alac V on himself.

-Menkure

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage
    So.... this individual must have been "reading only group chat or guild chat" and ignored the public game chat as 8 characters patiently waited to see if anybody was going to get the loot that this individual grabbed from the corpse.

And then this individual recalled... how nice...

I cant speak for you Justa, but from what I saw we aggroed Fafnir just south of harro at full health. Pulled him to another spot where we got wiped. Group waited for a few to recall and come back to rez. It wasn't till second wipe, on way back that I saw you or any others come around. Which we do appreciate keeping fafnir engaged in battle so he didnt raise health, until we could get some rezzed.

As for the loot thing, we were complaining in group that only 1 person was able to loot. And unnamed looter, was trying to contact devs in IRC to see if this was "As Intended". So he was afk a bit. But like the many others standing around, I am surprised he didnt ask to start a random for hides, unless they were attuned on loot, which i dont know if they were.

GhostRdr -
    100- RVR, SPRT, HLR, CONJ, SHMN, GRD
    100- BLK, WPN, FIT, MSN

Fayde- 69 Adult Lunus/35 craft
    82nd Level Hoard
    Member of the Dark Council
    Nana & Gerard Guild Communities

Yea... our guild leader Image was flying overhead reading off the health bar after I got wiped the second time by that "scorch" blast, she read off "Awww you guys had him down to 5K in health and died, oops... now 10K he's regenerating"

As I was running from harro, she reported that he was finally slain, in which we rejoiced, and stood around, and the first comments were, "What did he drop???" not "Yay we killed him" which was sad.

loot driven community (go figure) lol

(First time I have had >4DP in a while so the effort was there)

But yea... even if I didn't win a /random dice roll.... at least I could say there was a consorted effort to allow those that assisted a chance at stuff... but there wasn't even that :(

So much for getting the +65 blight protection armor crystal that was looted, let alone the two hides he dropped.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Fafnir is not really an issue, he is stunnable... just stun him to death like grizzlerot, any melee trying to get close will kill you all.
    There seems to be at least a hope to get hides from normal hounds, but its pretty rare, and they have a weak spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    Fafnir is not really an issue, he is stunnable... just stun him to death like grizzlerot, any melee trying to get close will kill you all.
    There seems to be at least a hope to get hides from normal hounds, but its pretty rare, and they have a weak spawn.
    So, blighted hounds dropped hides on order? If so, that is good news.

GhostRdr -
    100- RVR, SPRT, HLR, CONJ, SHMN, GRD
    100- BLK, WPN, FIT, MSN

Fayde- 69 Adult Lunus/35 craft
    82nd Level Hoard
    Member of the Dark Council
    Nana & Gerard Guild Communities

I've yet to see a blighted hound drop the orders. I really hope it's not some insanely low chance like set piece jewelry (which btw I haven't seen drop in months. but don't care because it's junk).

I have to agree the single person looting is a kick in the nadscompared to the individual shots everyone got at Daknor.

Can someone tell me if the loot window simply goes to whoever loots first? Or is it a randomly selected person.

In that fight last night outside Harro, we got him to ~150hp, Idied, and then the only alive member of the group finished him off and looted. Still too early to know how the loot chances are generated. BUT if it's only because someone is alive at the time of death, thats pretty piss-poor considering his bogus 14k aoe.

Here's hoping that the "fun" can be found.

Confirmed, hounds do drop at least one scrap.

It is not attuned.

my compliments to ShadowWyrm on Order for that kill and loot, and gentlebeast that he is, he /random'ed it to the group at the first opportunity. trade went fine.
    I am called Yuusuke...

Akiyama Yuusuke yonsei
    The Annatar, on Order

The group that I was part of last night got a Daknor-like loot ... nada!

I did have fun with the Blight Hounds though ... quite the change from the minions that came with Daknor.
    Master of the "Veiled Insult" .... Observe
    [veil]Your Mother was a hamster and your Father smells of elderberries[/veil]

Thread Information