Thread: New player to horizons looking for some things...

Damian7

Thumbs up New player to horizons looking for some things...

Hi all, i've been playing horizons for a few days now, i'm pretty impressed with the trade/adventuring classes thus far.

i have a few questions though.

1 - is there a new player guide someplace? it might answer all the other questions i have.

2 - how do i get off this island? the one with trismus.

3 - can i transfer things between my characters without another person helping me? i.e. mail or something

4 - are some of the newbie quests bugged? i broke down and made a dragon today and the "kill some small beetles" quest just isn't working for me. i've killed beetles of every level all over the island and it still says "find the beetles".

5 - is there a guide someplace that shows all the powers for each class and the levels you get them? like, unarmed 2 for monk and cloak of thorns for druid, stuff like that.

thanks in advance for help, and i'm going to look around some more for some guides on things.

As far as raw information, http://horizons.gamersinfo.net is definitely the place to go. There is no actual new player guide, but there are almost always friendly people in the New Player channel who will be glad to ask any questions you have in game. As far as the other points...

Transferring items between characters requires you to either own some land or get help from other people. Or, if you have money to burn you can put items on the consigner with one character and have another character buy them.

The portal out of New Trismus is just outside town, on the Ore/Lumber path.

When a quest says "Find X", you need to wander around the area until you get a message saying you have found it, and then your quest log will update, BEFORE going on to the next step. Unfortunately the waypoints can be picky or not located exactly right.

Hope that helps!
    kitty: 48 Mage 22 Healer + others
    80 MIN 65 GTH 69 TNK 70 MSN 55 SPL
    41 BLK 41 SCH 47 CRP 38 JWL + others
    dragon: 91 adv, 100 craft, 22 lair
    elf: 49 ELAR, 31 Healer, 51 Fitter + others

Damian7

thanks, hmm must be doing something wrong, i could swear i've been there and it either only offered back to the starting biped island or it offered another place and said "ineligible'. maybe i wasn't high enough level? oh well, i'll try it again in a bit.

and thanks again for the reply!

there's a different portal to get off New Trismus to the rest of Istaria... go into town and make a left at the consigner, follow the road and you will see a port pad with a portal beyond it. That portal is your link to the larger lands. Good luck! :-)

Yeah, that is a special portal that goes back to Spirit Isle or Skalkaar. The road to the left of the pawnbroker/consigner area going up the hill will take you to the portal.

As far as the dragon quest goes, go back down there but stay on the road when you get to the beetles. I believe it updated near or at the intersection, if it doesn't hang a right and it should update. Make sure you keep an eye on the main window so you see it update.
    Disciples of Namir
    Shard: Order
    Britt Namir - Female Saris Flame Disciple
    Ryver - Ancient Helian Dragon (honorary disciple)
    Tania Namir - Femal Saris Storm Disciple
    Melthana - Adult Lunus Dragon (honorary disciple)
    Ruhan Namir - Male Saris Spirit Disciple

Damian7

cool, thanks again.

Thread Information