Thread: login problems

Default login problems

ok when i try to log in the old patcher works(my comp never will/would run the "new one") or at least it seems to work then the loading window afterwards seems to work properly....and then instead of launching the game itself it just closes and behaves as if i didnt even try to login
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketsup
    Ssafire-lvl 100 Cleric, 100 Bloodmage, 100 Mage, 100 Druid, 90 Monk, Saris
    Safiretalon-lvl 66 dragon adventurer, lvl 32 dragon crafter, lvl 14 dragon lairshaper.
    Guild: Dark Defenders
    Horizons player since: December 21st 2003

I am having the same problem. Haven't figured out a work around yet.
    Sammo - Order Shard
    Maelstrom Guild
    Sslik Paladin/Carpenter
    Plot owner in South March

Are you both using the Stand Alone Launcher, or the web page in order to launch Horizons?
    -Reyem
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strangely, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

I use the web-page based login. I have never been able to get the stand-alone launcer to work on my machine.

Sammo
    Sammo - Order Shard
    Maelstrom Guild
    Sslik Paladin/Carpenter

Jurossk

I have noticed the same problem, but only with some of may characters. So far, three of my characters will not login. Same symptoms. The launcher seems to work fine then the game shuts down. If I log in with my main character, I am able to log in the game just fine.

Unhappy

I too have the same problem with my order character Katarae it loads through the title graphic and then closes as if I were not logging in. I have noticed that compared to my Chaos login (which works just fine) the loading is usually fast dunno if that tells you anything but anyway. Please help us. *hatchie eyes*

Isharae of The Ancients - Pet Saris Druid to Dracanaa
    Katarae - Lost dragoness of Order

Default Same problem here, with no reply from tech support

I'm havivg the same problem. Mine started last tue night after patch.Monday night it worked fine. I've been offline for a week. The Pain! . If you want a guess where to look the luacher appears not able to find the dir with the program. I hope this will not make use reload the program.

Mixism

FYI
    "most times last comes first"

I would suggest trying one of the following steps. After each step please run a Full Scan and attempt to login.
    1. Delete the ClientPrefs_Graphic.def file which is located in the \Horizons\ directory.
    2. Go into the \Horizons\prefs\ folder and delete the subfolder named "shard_character name". (WARNING ::::this one is the last option because it will clear your settings and should only be used as a last measure)
    Remember that "shardhorizons" and "shard_character name" are generic names, the actual folders will be named with (shard) the server you play on, and (character name) your characters name.
    Also, What is the ISP you all use?
    -Reyem
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strangely, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

Reyem,

Thanks for the suggestions, I tried them both. Unfortunately neither one had any affect.

Something differed on my machine however, the file ClientPrefs_Graphic.def resides in my /Horizons/Prefs directory, not the /Horizons directory. The /Horizons directory contains a file named ClientPrefs.def. I tried deleting that one also with no affect.

For what it is worth I am using Comcast as my ISP.

Sammo
    Sammo - Order Shard
    Maelstrom Guild
    Sslik Paladin/Carpenter

I have also tried those solutions without success. My ISP is DSL Extreme but seeing as my Chaos characters work fine I doubt my ISP is the issue

Isharae of The Ancients - Pet Saris Druid to Dracanaa
    Katarae - Lost dragoness of Order

If you are proficient with regedit, make sure there is a key like:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ArtifactEntertainment\ Horizons

The default value should point at your Horizons install path, as should the string value "InstallDirectory". This is where the patcher finds its information. Without this it will fail.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Loumppa

Default toon log in problems

I am having the same problems, "main" toon is loggable just fine, any other is unable. I am using the web launcher, ISP is Roadrunner, attempted the suggested fixes and no change

I did activate a military extra account recently, not sure if that avenue matters though, since my buddy can log my account in fine from his place. Same ISP as well FYI.

any other suggestions?

Loumppa

As a workaround you can use this to log in the faulty characters:
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=13466

You will still have to log in your working character after a patch, though, since this method does not patch for you.

If you still cannot log these characters in then the error seems to be on the server side.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Brokta

Default Still waiting for Tech Support to get this fixed

So I have tried the stuff posted here in the thread, Nada, I get a carbon copy reply in my ticket I entered so I dont think it was even read. So I guess Its coming down to the point that if I cant login to my main char that I have all my investment how long do I keep waiting? At a point I would expect a reimbursment for a part of my monthly fee. I am not unique in my situation and I have all that I can including the sudo hack to try and get in.

Brokta

the real problem here is that the splash screen isn't showing up. if it's still doing its shut down process from when you log out, trying to log back in won't work. sometimes it's just a matter of trying over and over.

the problem i've been having lately is not being able to log in from the website on one computer.. and yes, i have .NET 2.0 installed on both computers.. one works, one doesn't. IEx just freezes when i click on play horizons.. no idea why.

again.. the splash screen is not showing up.. (where it shows its % progress in loading things before the screen with the event picture shows up).

Ophelea

Just last night (like at 9pm) we tracked down the splash screen problem.

Would you both be so kind as to submit a ticket (or follow up on the ones you have) and link this thread in it.

I'll be in the office in an hour or so and talk to Reyem about it.

*Edit - please patch. The splash screen should be back in.
    Last edited by Ophelea; June 19th, 2006 at 05:49 PM.

Ophelea

Also, .net2.0 is a development tool. You need .net1.1. Make sure that's what you have installed.

Thread Information