Thread: Aura Source casted at area

Default Aura Source casted at area

Mind Defence aura and Static aura cast their source effekt an all group member and destroy other auras that way.

Not only that, but static aura will destroy other, much more desirable, active self-only abilities. Melee flurry and unbridled energy, for instance.

However, I'm unsure what your point is. An aura is an effect that is granted to your entire group in the vicinity. Usually only one aura can be in effect. That's the point with auras. What is your complaint, precisely?
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Thats a sperate issue of most abilitys. Weaker stuff overwrites stronger.
    ANd unique school abilitys are often useless becasue of massive conflicts and low use.

But my current point was for getting all auras source effects to self only like tehy should be.

Auras are by their very nature AoE to your group. And they overwrite based on the level they are received at and their relative weight. Static Aura has been discussed many times and it is working as designed.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

No. The effect is area to the group. But the Source should not be casted at all members

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    Static Aura has been discussed many times and it is working as designed.
    Perfect design when a player gets into risk to be kicked out of group becasue of useing his unique ability. But as i said. Belongs into different topic.
    Last edited by Eni; July 4th, 2006 at 05:24 PM.

Congratulations, you have designed an ability out of the game.

Auras give two buffs. One long term buff that every few seconds apply the effect buff to every group member in range. The effect buff generally lasts 30 seconds and gives the actual effect (resistance, ward, dex, what have you.) The aura caster gets both buffs. The party members get the effect buff.

Are you saying this is not how it works anymore?

correct, tramsan. Static Aura is an ability that is self-only. You use it and you get a buff on yourself that then radiates the effect out to your group members.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    correct, tramsan. Static Aura is an ability that is self-only. You use it and you get a buff on yourself that then radiates the effect out to your group members.
    Not is. Should. Currently you spam the first self only effect at area too.

(side note: area 10 is not what i would call "entire group")

I'm not seeing what you are saying Eni. Those abilities work just like Static Aura. You put the aura on yourself and then they pulse their effect out to a certain range to any group members.

I see it. The area right under "When used" need to go away, otherwise the party will get the 30m pulser too, not just the effect pulse.
    Last edited by tramsan; July 4th, 2006 at 06:57 PM.

If you use ice defence, flame defens. aura of health ort waht ever normal you cast the source effect at yourself and will now speard out the effect for next 30 minutes
    If you use static aura or mind defence you cast the source not just on self but on whole area.
    Area of effect in use is too much.

No, that is not what that window is saying. The window is saying exactly what I have been saying.

And I would require logs and/or screens because I tested Static Aura many months ago (when it was indeed broken the way you say) and fixed it.

Okay, that may have been a little more forceful or defensive than I meant. But I have looked at the data and it isn't setup to work the way you describe. So a screenshot and/or logs would be very helpful in confirming or refuting this and if there is a problem, helping us fix it.

Compare to forest mist or nature's fury, for instance, which are one-shot area abilities. It will look the same. Range self-only, area 15 (or something).

Hmm.. Okay, so here is where it gets weird. It shows as correct on our internal production server. But it has not been touched recently. But for some reason this data has not been patched to Blight or Live, despite being changed a long time ago. So I will work with Smeglor to find out where the disconnect it.

Thread Information