Thread: Treehugger User Interface

Default Treehugger User Interface

OK - I have been testing the Treehugger UI on my main PC for about 2 weeks and have not found any errors with it so far - time for release.

(Silowyi version not finished - although it is not much work to do - soon)

Enjoy - it is my favorite so far - although works better for the ranger than the dragon :)

Default Re: Treehugger User Interface

Green!?
    I might have to try one now

tyshadragon

I like it, the leaves on the compass are really cute, and it survived the tuesday downtime :D

I started using this, and I like it. The only thing which gets a bit annoying is that inventory items can be quite hard to make out at times, the dark ones anyways

good work, yes cant say anything against that but only one thing: the green seems to be a little too agressive in my eyes. except for the yellow-green text on green background. (in description window f.e)
    Thats the reason why I switched back to the blue one, thats more peacefull for my eyes

love the dragon breath icon....

...what is Silowyi version..?

Silowyi has a chat mod that allows an extra 10 chat tabs - it needs a different set of tabs added to the UI to work though

Default Can't Get the Interface to work...

Prolly doing something stupid.

I unpacked the files, and dropped them into the Resources_Override folder. But, when I launch the game, the client doesn't 'see' those files. I didn't unzip the files into the Horizons directory.. have never figured out how to do that.. but manually put them where they should go. Am I supposed to delete the original files in the regular Resources folder?

A little help here.....

Thx

Weston
    100 Reaver, Druid, Spiritist, Mage, 96 Healer, 98 Shaman, 67 Ranger, 40 Conjurer, 30 Monk, and 20 Scout & Cleric. Grandmaster Crafter, Chaos.

What is the resulting folder structure? Ie, inside resources_override, what folder(s) do you see?
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Default File Structure

Here they are ( for the textures and defs folders )

C:\Program Files\Tulga Games\Horizons\resources_override\interface\themes \default\textures
    and
    C:\Program Files\Tulga Games\Horizons\resources_override\interface\themes \default\defs

What do you think?

Wes
    100 Reaver, Druid, Spiritist, Mage, 96 Healer, 98 Shaman, 67 Ranger, 40 Conjurer, 30 Monk, and 20 Scout & Cleric. Grandmaster Crafter, Chaos.

Create a new folder under resources_override called resources, then put the mod files in there. In other words, it should be like:

C:\Program Files\Tulga Games\Horizons\resources_override\resources\interf ace\themes\default\textures
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Weston and Tramsan are both partially correct..

For some odd reason there needs to be a "resources" dir in the "resources_override" for it to override the defaults .. This is not the case with the icons and other things.

the directories are

C:\Program Files\Tulga Games\Horizons\resources_override\resources\interf ace\themes \default\textures
    and
    C:\Program Files\Tulga Games\Horizons\resources_override\resources\interf ace\themes \default\defs

I'm not quite sure though why you find it difficult to simply unload the zip files into the Hz directory. If your unzip program does not allow you to specify where to unzip the file - move the zipfile to the Hz dir and just unzip it there.

Hope this helps .. let me know if you're still having problems

Default Thanks

Okay... the only thing I've used the override folder for is Pekkas'/Cobol's maps set. That doesn't require the extra resource directory. *shrugs* Anyway, I'll give this a whirl, so I'm thanking you in advance. Looking forward to what promises to be a love affair with a new interface.

Wes

Just wanted to follow up and say 'thanks' to Valornyx and tramsan...

Got it installed correctly now, it works, and it IS very beautiful. Nicely Done.
    I especially love the tree in the main 'gem' pulldown menu.

Weston

Glad to hear you're up and running

Actually I somehow lost what I thought was the cutest part of the Treehugger interface which was that the People list markers were designed to show up as little acorns. You can see them if you look at the screenshot on the website .. I'll have to dig out my files and fix it at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Valornyx
    Glad to hear you're up and running

Actually I somehow lost what I thought was the cutest part of the Treehugger interface which was that the People list markers were designed to show up as little acorns. You can see them if you look at the screenshot on the website .. I'll have to dig out my files and fix it at some point.
    Acorns?!? Awww... that would be awesome! My list icons are still the little round green buttons. I looked through the entire folder of graphic icons, and found no acorns.

On an unrelated issue, I know what a PNG file is, but what's a SHA file?

Thanks.

Wes

Thread Information