Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: spiders are overpowered now

Default Re: spiders are overpowered now

Quote Originally Posted by evilkarl
    Spiders and wolves are by far the most evasive thing in game (far more evasive than monks btw which shouldn't happen) I continually miss these things when fighting them using melee attacks.
    Thats not entirely true I believe the award of most evasive creature in game actually goes to the Wind Golems.
    Kalis Stormbreaker Dragon lvl 100/61

Quote Originally Posted by Finduilas
    Are you saying that spells are more accurate than ranged or melee attacks? If that is true then all casters are over powered since you will hit more often. Unless your spells do far less damage than melee/range.
    The changes made to mobs was supposed to based on resistances.
    My lv53 Guardian (67 chaos subclass) will do more damage / time vs the same mobs than my lv 94 Healer / 83 bloodmage ( regardless of which class is active ). Melee damage, due to all the modifiers that can be stacked, blows away spirit damage at the very least. I admit my magic hits more often, but melee does more damage on a reg hit and 2-6 times as much with specials when the class their skills come from is 16 higher on my caster...Not sure on exact skill/stat off hand but melee is 900+skill/800+str and caster is 1100+skill/1000+power. This discrepency is mainly due to the added resistances which did not affect melee much at all but dropped spirit damage by 30-40% I estimate.

Nay I hit the wind golems far more often than I hit wolves and spiders.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Auren

Shadow spider N of Aug definitely evade way more than they should IMHO.

I usually average 1 out of 4 hits w/multistrike, sometimes getting no hits, sometimes 2, extremely rarely 4.

This is with 2hs jewelry boosts and my Aura active (Pally).

Auran

Quote Originally Posted by evilkarl
    Nay I hit the wind golems far more often than I hit wolves and spiders.
    Hmm well I hit spiders far more often than wind golems. While fighting Purple Tarantula breeders I hit them about 60% of the time. When fighting wind golems I only hit them about 20% of the time[:P]
    Kalis Stormbreaker Dragon lvl 100/61

Andrew Zozulya

I think AE turned on Wards on mobs and therefore they are differently evasive against different attacks. Badly wards dont work on players and evasion/wards/main skill mobs get boosted by stupid huge amount.

Tomorrow ihave beenlogged in Hz andgot bored in 1 half hour (stayed in game 2 hours).
    Owerpowered mobs.
    Adventuring is not rewarding at all ( 100++ Nagruks and nothing beside Animal hide and Jawbones)
    Crafting is borked again : No Repaired craft stations no plots to build somthing on them.
    No events, No quests to do ( outfitter gives me a quest to craft 15 hide strips...Im a lvl 78 outfitter - AE, huh?!)

Only one feature remains - chatting. And even this patially screwed because almost everyone from my friends not stayed in Hz more as 30-40 min...

Any will ask me - why i'm so bitter?

Con

lets put it like this, which shows the problem:

single class chars -(depending on class) weak to normal
    mobs -strong
    multiclass chars -(depending on number of classes and combination) overpowered to simply ubar

but then again everyone at every level can multiclass, andwith the introduction of trophies the exp "penalty" for multiclassing has been further reduced.
    although its right to reward the additional time invested for multiclassing with additional power, those who intentionally stay single classedas well asnew playersjust startingout couldsuffer a hard time. possibly too discouraging especially for a beginner.

Varaenion/Unity

Andrew Zozulya

Quote Originally Posted by Con
    lets put it like this, which shows the problem:

single class chars -(depending on class) weak to normal
    mobs -strong
    multiclass chars -(depending on number of classes and combination) overpowered to simply ubar

Varaenion/Unity
    Little bit shifted :)
    single class chars -insanely weak tosomehow weak(depending on class)
    Multiclass chars (2 not most effezient schools like mage/warr) somehow weak to normal
    Mobs not bugged ones or 30 lvl lower as current school : a little bit underpowered to Normal
    Multiclass chars 3++ schools:a little bit underpowered to a little bit power than Normal
    mobs (even rated or grouped ):Overpowered to simply ubar.Almost everytimewithout any logic sence under it.

I agree mobs are overpowered now, but some are actually ok.
    As a dragon, lvl 99 (now 100), I found the best thing to hunt were the lvl 80-95 purple tarantulas.
    They do evade many of my attacks, but the damage they do is not too bad, so I don't get the long downtime I get from golems (even the topaz ones, lvl 67 or so do lots of damage to me).
    I also noticed that lower lvl mobs are less overpowered compared to they're own level.

I think the only overpowered mobs should be the skeletons/zombies/mummies in WA areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Con
    . . . .But then again everyone at every level can multiclass. . . .
    I'm sorry, but that is not correct.
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

You mean spiders are a challenge now. I love thier crazy evasion. They move quickly it only makes sense!

AE made the game more fun and varied when they added the abilities to spiders.

I use spells only and as long as I debuff them with unrelenting winds, and am using primal roar instead of determination, I can hold my own against lvl 100 spiders. But it's not a quick fight and I have to watch carefully for adds, and use refreshing breeze at the right time. Purple Tarantulas are huge and scary. I love it!

Guaran

Thread Information