Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bottle Caps!

Default Bottle Caps!

Ok... I have been taking conjurer, my first arcane class, and have been enjoying it... until now.

I have spent the last WEEK at the Bitter Pickle, gaining 12 levels (65-77 and counting) at the pace of 2-3K a kill (you do the math) trying to finish a bottle cap collection.

I have anywhere from 3-*9* of the individual subsets and even 2 Carrot Skrimples! Weren't THEY supposed to be the limiting bottle cap?

I have yet to find a single Ribeth Sake or Zhuria Blackberry Mead cap. Is this intended? I can understand it taking some work and time, but sheesh, I have killed THOUSANDS of golems and ghosts. I can understand why they took out the cash component drops from the ghosts, I would have perhaps 3-5 gold by now :O I stopped making collections about 2 days ago but here is what I had.

Half annoyed and half genuinely curious, Is this right?

-HratLi

I gained quite a few levels also from doing that quest. The blackberry mead was the hardest one to find. I had 3 carrot caps before i finally found it.

That was with a group of 4 people mass killing the ghosts at the bar.
    Brain: It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob.
    Pinky: You have no idea.

Ribeth Sake, Zhuria Blackberry Mead, and the Granny Smith cap are the three rare bottle caps out there. And you will have to kill a lot to find them...perhaps you've had some bad luck so far, we all know this happens hehe. Can farm a mob by the hundreds and not get the drop you're looking for. I guess just keep at em, they are out there, rare..but there. If you start feeling frustrated grab a hunting partner to help speed things up, hopefully you'll be gettin those last two pieces sooon! Best of luck to ya, don't give up, you'll get em here eventually
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

So I have been hearing, that the Zhuria BB Mead cap is the worst. But that still leaves me with the question of:

Is that 'Intended' or was there a typo with the data entry of .001 drop chance as opposed to .1 or 1% even?

I even bored my wife out of the Pickle after the 3rd full day of hunting.
    It's hard when you get almost no XP, no cash, nothing to break the monotony but thousands of caps, but not the one you need hehe...

I might keep going, I might not. Hard to stay motivated after a week. I would say bad luck, but after a few thousand mobs I would think that the law of averages points at a possible flaw in the system. I am not saying I want every cap to drop instantly, but perhaps the drop percentages might need to be looked at again.

-HratLi

NEKKID KITTY ALERT! 0_o

while we're on the subject of the bitter pickle, what the heck does 'lurpy' mean?

No idea, couldn't find that one in the dictionary.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

I had to look that up myself:
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Lurpy

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

After over a week of steady hunting, and about 13 levels help came along. Gwendelle, the ever optimist came on over and offered a sacrifice of 2 DP's, One a SPECTACULAR death letting fly a Dark Cyclone that darkened the sky and flung bodies far and wide before laying down herself gently for a rest.

It with her and Deoir at my side we were able to find the last missing cap last night.

Now that I got to SEE the cap I am of the belief that it's a typo. The rarity is mostly dictated by the Hoard value of the individual caps. For example some caps are several thousand. Most are 65-100 hoard points. The Zhuria BB Mead is one of those, it's only a hoard value of 100, while the Sake and the Skrimple are several thousand. Just my 2c. Sounds like a data entry error.... either that or it's level dependant... hmm.... Something to experiment at later.

Thanks again to the two beautiful women who came to my aid

-HratLi

Damage :

now that the mystery of the lurpy ghost has been solved...

why don't bottlecaps stack?

Amen!!
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

AMEN 2!

Hahaha... I had to stop every 3-4 pulls to clear out some more stack space.

I had a LOT of happy hatchlings when I went through NT to give away caps at the end of a day's hunt!

-HratLi

Damage :

Wow, I just went out and killed some of the drunk things, and got the Zhuria cap on first kill, Im guessing that was luck? Or is there multiple caps for like the zhuria collection?
    Last edited by Zachyattacky; August 1st, 2006 at 12:21 AM.

I put a ticket in last year, just having a bit of a whine about the time I had spent slaughtering for the Ribeth Sake and Granny caps. I had camped the place for a couple of weeks and found a nice spot to kill around 10-12 ghosts per pull. I went from lvl90 to 98 Mage from doing this, without finding those caps.
    The response I got was that the chance of those two caps dropping was 0.2% per monster. I was also told, "On the bright side, any monster in that area does have a chance to drop either of those items."

Zach,
    Did you get A Zhuria cap or THE Zhuria cap... note that the problem is with the Zhuria Blackberry MEAD, and yes there are a number of Zhuria.. I once had a pull where I got EVERY Zhuria except for the mead :O

Custard,
    Every monster has a chance, but only the ghosts seem to drop a cap on EVERY kill. Also, THOSE two caps were EASY to find relative to the BB Mead. I had 2 Sake and 2 Snuffles before I found my first BB Mead. Guildies apparently had the same problem. Finding 3 and 3 before their BB Mead. That's what makes me think that it's a data entry error at some point.

-HratLi

Damage :

Srry, lol i should have gotten the formula before i started asking questions

Quote Originally Posted by Zachyattacky
    Srry, lol i should have gotten the formula before i started asking questions
    My fingers are crossed for you
    -HratLi

Well, I got the formula and it looks like all i need now is - Zhuria Blackberry mead - Kriballan Dark Rum - and Mt. Orian Basil Mead Bottle caps Good luck to you, I hope you get the ones you need

I have finished 2 of these sets and given them away to others in the guild. I have 2 other sets just missing the bb mead cap. Perhaps I will give it a few more hours so the dragons in the guild can fight over who gets to eat the set.

I did this quest premerge, and only had trouble finding the sake and granny caps. Maybe the merge and the changing of mobs and whatnot mixed up that particular cap.

Either way, good luck and have patience! Oh and I do hope your not as bummed as I was when I finally got the spell the reports of its epic-ness are greatly exaggerated.
    torvos: shadow to chaos shard

Quote Originally Posted by tjl
    Either way, good luck and have patience! Oh and I do hope your not as bummed as I was when I finally got the spell the reports of its epic-ness are greatly exaggerated.
    ....... least you got yours ... ?donde es Banshee?

Thread Information