Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: (!) "CAUTION: Updating your billing info"

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    This for is asking you to PRINT all of your credit card information INCLUDING the CVC code and MAIL it to their offices.
    I will not be doing this that is for sure. My account is paid up till jan and if this kind of stuff is going on still then I will not be renewing. But if this keeps up I am not sure I will have a choice in jan.

I was able to get logged on yesterday with the stand alone launcher, and was not prompted for payment information. I am hoping this will be resolved by the time I am no longer able to log on. As I said before we need an official message from EI and their course of action to correct this grave error on their part. If prompted for my payment over a nonsecure connection, and if they do not have automatic CC billing (not through PayPal) I will not be renewing any of my three accounts.
    Segorian_Bounty - Elder Adult Dragon - Chaos
    Mearis - Saris - All around biped crafter - Chaos
    ....Toooo many alts to list them all

CptnNoodle

I have to agree with u all my subscription runs out this month if this is best they can do WILL SEE U ALL IN EQ2

Quote Originally Posted by Kallis
    Good job i payed on paypal..BUT it took me back to the savage eden site saying thankyou for subscribing to savage eden, and when i tried to acess the 'manage account' it asked me to enter details all over again. If they havent credited me game time im going to dispute a claim through paypal.
    Same thing happened to me...

Turgod

Well, I have till the middle of Oct till my account needs to be updated .... so until then, I won't be updating the info. I have a paypal account, just don't have a cc attached to it yet but I might if they get the above 'Savage Eden' thing worked out.

Instructions: In order to complete the requested information, you will need the "User Name" of the main user on the account, as well as the other information requested on the form below. If you do not have this information immediately available, please return to your account and retrieve the required information before continuing. All information requested below must be provided, otherwise your payment may not be credited to your account properly, and your account may be suspended for non-payment. Once you have completed and submitted the information requested below, you will be directed to the payment option page. We are using PayPal has our secure account processor. If you do not have a PayPal account, please go to: http://www.paypal.com to open your account before proceeding. By using PayPal, your payment can be made using all major credit cards, debit cards, your bank account, or PayPal account funds. If you elect not to use PayPal, you can submit your credit card information directly to us by U.S. Mail for manual processing. Mailing your payment information for manual process will delay crediting your initial payment to your account for up to three weeks, depending on mail transit time.
    EI many of us WILL NOT use Paypal, and want to continue subscription services as is already in place. Instead of mandating that we have to subscribe to PayPal or MAIL you our credit card information (which may result in account being deactivated, because it takes you THREE WEEKS to bill the credit card). I would think you would be trying to make the subscribing process easier for your customers, not just yourself. If my three accounts are deactivated I will not be renewing them again... EVER! This from a company who newly aquired the community, and wants to make it a better place for the customers...
    Last edited by Mearis; August 2nd, 2006 at 01:59 PM.

We are using PayPal has our secure account processor. If you do not have a PayPal account, please go to: http://www.paypal.com to open your account before proceeding. By using PayPal, your payment can be made using all major credit cards, debit cards, your bank account, or PayPal account funds. If you elect not to use PayPal, you can submit your credit card information directly to us by U.S. Mail for manual processing. Mailing your payment information for manual process will delay crediting your initial payment to your account for up to three weeks, depending on mail transit time.
    No. Sorry EI. I am not going to use PapPal. Neither am I going to put my credit card information in the US mail.

Good luck with that.
    July 12, 2006: "We hear your frustrations, but will not be able to address them all immediately, and maybe some of them ever. Very respectfully and sincerely, David Bowman."

They'll get the system ironed out. No biggie here. In the meantime,
    if I need to use PayPal, I'll use PayPal. *shrugs* Life goes on.
    Last edited by Helcat; August 2nd, 2006 at 01:54 PM.
    Got Cowbell?

Quote Originally Posted by Helcat
    They'll get the system ironed out. No biggie here. In the meantime,
    if I need to use PayPal, I'll use PayPal. *shrugs* Life goes on.
    Me as well =) We'll see how it goes, I honestly hope they get a secure site up and running though for the others...

I had a friend who used PayPal he put both his credit card information there and checking account information. Talk about a nightmare, he almost lost everything.

PayPal is secure.

Most who've had problems with it are those who've fallen for
    one of the fake PayPal email scams...
    Got Cowbell?

If used correctly, Pay Pal is awesome.

Someone said there's been a lot of scams going around for it... I can't think of any that wouldn't be at the fault of the user. Must practice SAFE email/net rules. Lots of scammers pose as pay pal and email you asking for user name and pass word. SOME... even put links in their "official" email that goes to a clone site of pay pal.. You enter in your user name and info and they snatch it! ... cause it isn't the actual site.

So I dunno. I love pay pal, but you have to be smart... E-MAIL IS NOT SAFE! If it has a link that says go here and log in for a new feature... DO NOT CLICK... Instead, type in www.paypal.com and go see =P

There are many options here folks. Instead of freaking out over what EI has stated is their primary secured payment method, take control of the situation.

Here is a simple solution...

If you have not done so yet, create a checking account at your local bank, that provides a credit card style debit card (aka Visa ). Keep very little money in this account, and ONLY use it to pay for your online gaming.

This lets you take control of what happens, the account is protected from fraud, and you stand little chance of losing money, since hackers will not chance going to jail if caught, for 50 bucks. Of course, you do have the stress of having (gasp) two cards to deal with...
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

I've used PayPal like forever and never have had an issue, but I do get tons of fraudulant e-mails saying there are issues with my paypal account but always sent to a wrong email address that I didnt use on paypal.

So I guess if I have to use paypal I will for now. But like others have said there are a multitude of issues at hand. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallis
    Good job i payed on paypal..BUT it took me back to the savage eden site saying thankyou for subscribing to savage eden, and when i tried to acess the 'manage account' it asked me to enter details all over again. If they havent credited me game time im going to dispute a claim through paypal.
    Be weary of Paypal's Claim system.. they charge a $20 filing fee if you have to escelate a dispute to a claim.

Just recently I purchased an airport extreme card off of ebay for my 12" silver powerbook.. the card sent to me was advertised as 'new' and 'never used'. I thought I was getting a deal at $45 (with shipping).

The card I got was broken, and the seller had tried to repair it with a soldering iron.. extremely amaturish, and he did more damage to the card with the iron then it had before.

I disputed it, he never replied to Paypal.. I escelated it to claim.. they took 2 months to research it.. I got a letter from the Apple Store backing up my claim..

Paypal had me ship it back to the guy, and they refunded me $25 of the $45 (Minus the $20 filing fee).. Considering I paid $10 to ship the card back via FedEx.. I got $15 back.

And the seller still put negative feedback on my ebay account.. even though paypal found him at fault.

Now, you tell me.. is that "Guarenteed Buyer Protection"?

-Menkure

While I can see why many people prefer paypal to credit card, I don't think I'll switch. And I will certainly not send my complete credit card info via snail mail.

My subscription renewal would have to be tomorrow, so I guess its possible that I won't play until the billing company manages to establish a secure site where I can enter my credit card info and send it directly.

In the meantime, real life has its attractions

Cya.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Sounds more like an E-Bay problem than a paypal one Menkure. The garantee wasn't free... And it would be more cost effective for larger purchases for sure.

Honestly I don't like E-Bay for the exact reason you just described. =/ You have to trust someone you don't know... That's not cool.

I find it highly disturbing that EI has still not made a formal announcement of the billing issues, advised the community of how and when they expect to have the issue resolved, or even acknowledged the issue and apologized. There was a discussion in IRC about it and an announcement made about it in-game, but the forums are being ignored.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I find it highly disturbing that EI has still not made a formal announcement of the billing issues, advised the community of how and when they expect to have the issue resolved, or even acknowledged the issue and apologized. There was a discussion in IRC about it and an announcement made about it in-game, but the forums are being ignored.
    I concur...and it has been noted that devs from EII have been on the forums .. and obviously did not post. This is unacceptable.
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

I think from what I read in this thread EII have been made aware. But (correct me if I'm wrong) EII does not handle the billing stuff but has delegated this to a billing company. I think it is not surprising that they have to communicate first with that company before they can start to announce how and when the problem will be resolved.

That being said I think that it would have been advisable to at least state officially that they were aware of the issue. I expect, however, that some would find fault with such a simple statement without indication of a solution.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't....
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Thread Information