Thread: What direction next?

Default What direction next?

I'm looking for us to outline where we as the playerbase, feel the game should go next.

What the game was "supposed" to be, is long gone. Even what we started playing at release is long gone since merge. Many fine changes have taken place to improve the new player experience, and much work had gone into the up coming CNF revamp.

However, the devs working on those pending projects are no longer here. So, what do you want to see happen next? Please keep in mind that the new devs will need to get there minds wrapped around how Horizons works, and how to use the tools, or even may need to build new tools. We should not expect miracles, but we should expect continuing development.

Ok, so to start off, I'll say that I would like to see current art assets used more fully. We know that there are already a large variety of furniture models already in the resources directories. We know that there are unused building types that could be put it to have fun with. We also know that there is even a large underground "city" model that could with a bit of work, be used to fuel an event to give us some fun. As these things are introduced, continue work on the furniture placement coding, and continue development so that we can return to the story line we already have of a war with the WA. As the new devs get more accomplished, THEN introduce new things like dryad or dwarf housing.

Right now, a few simple things could go a long way in making the game more fun for all. Put back all the finishing machines in the field workshops. Up the mob spawns a bit more to make comp gathering less painful. Add emblems for all kinds of accomplishments. I know this is one of the easiest things to do, since it took amon less than an hour to create and deliver my Herald emblem.
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Hi ho,

Couple more for the list:

How about adding the ability to own more than 1 plot per account? At least allow us to own 1 'normal' plot / lair and 1 guild plot. Lots of empty space out there and if we were to get another plot to build, we'd at least have something to do while waiting for more story content and client fixes, etc.

Along the lines of furniture and fluff, whatever happened to player built shrines and the ability to have more than 1 bind point? Doesn't seem like this would be a huge thing to roll out.

Hope this provides some more food for thought.

-Finn's Player

Perhaps merge the other billion posts on this topic into this one thread, as current consolidation? It is a good thing to keep these issues at the front, but I for one am quite tired of writing them down.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Same here Theo... but I will say it one more time:

Dungeons and fluff, dungeons and fluff, I'm gonna get me some Dungeons and fluff, Dungeons and FLUFF!
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

How about fixing everything that's broken first. Then worry about adding new stuff.

Give us actual icons for techniques, not some arrow. Icons for handwraps. Icons for de-buffs. New Client. New engine. Golems that actually look like what they should be, not some generic skin. Mob behaviors are broken, I love it when a skeleton wielding a 2 hand sword blocks an attack. If we gotta have Nadia then give her green skin, a hunched back, a wart on her nose and 1 tooth.

Let EI fix that stuff first, then have em delve into the new stuff.
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Quote Originally Posted by Kwinn
    How about fixing everything that's broken first. Then worry about adding new stuff.
    Let EI fix that stuff first, then have em delve into the new stuff.
    I've always been an advocate of fix what's broken before you introduce more broken stuff.

Simple things do go a long way, although they can be irritants as well. I know the snowballs (ok, bash away) have always been an extreme annoyance to me. Why they ever got added to the loot tables I have no idea. And yes, I know there are those out there who's goal in life is to fill a silo full of them.

A lot of people have been clamoring for furniture. Although I think this could take a backseat (like stackable dead mice that took 9 months to correct), if it's simple and will keep a good portion of the playerbase occupied then it's a good idea.

Small events are always exciting, but please, put some decent loot on them. The last raid by TG had some mobs that dropped absolutely nothing. That loses it's appeal after about the 20th mob looted with not even 1s on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alashar
    I for one am not willing to wait for all of this to be done before new things like quests and events are added.
    perhaps EII should outsource some of these types of things to creative players with skills:

i.e.

http://www.stengraphix.com/valornyx.htm
    Hiko - Former Defender of Shadow
    100 Knight of Creation Hybrid
    -= Disciples =-
    BOYCOTTING THE SUMMONED SHIELD OF CREATION AS OF JULY 17TH, 2006

Dravatar

Utilizing the playerbase skills for additional eye candy and helpful mods/add-ons is an excellent idea. I hope these talented players and others continue to contribute.

Kallis

Couldnt agree with you more, Aamer.

I would!!

Just set me up with Maya and some of the assets and give me about 6 months of learning curve

I could probably get some of the models to act like they are swimming

There have been a lot of creative mods done to the game through resourceful players and if players could get "perks" for supplying artwork, assets, and lore... I am all for it

(what ever will become of the lore generator? I hope that project that LO was working with doen't get trashed)
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Thread Information