Thread: Logging in to the forums

Question Logging in to the forums

Why have I suddenly been logged out, involuntarily? I have been browsing the forums while simultaneously playing for weeks, yet now whenever I switch windows, I've been logged out. I spend a lot of time in game crafting, and was wanting to catch up on all the forums I've missed, but if I have to log in every time I come back here, I'll just read a book.

This has happened to me for months. It is not a recent
    "change." You can still read the forum if not logged in.
    Got Cowbell?

Default Aye

It has happened to me as well. It seems to be some type of glitch in the forum software.

In my case, I assumed my login either timed-out after a
    certain amount of inactivity, or that perhaps there was
    either a javascript conflict, or a browser conflict, as I
    use Firefox...
    Got Cowbell?

your login does time out, but if you have your login ID and password saved it should keep you logged in. I had some issues recently where it decided that I shouldnt be logged in any more, but I went in a re-did all those "keep me logged in" things. I no longer have issues even in Firefox.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

When I click the "remember me?" box, it never remembers me. What else do I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Bis Armida
    When I click the "remember me?" box, it never remembers me. What else do I do?
    That's usually controlled via cookies. You might want to check to see if your browser accepts cookies.

*shrug* That's about all I have to contribute.

if your using FireFox, you need to do the following. Use the Top bar menu. Go to Tools-> Options. Once there you need to look at the Privacy section.

Here is where you have a choice. There is a password manager in Firefox that can manage your passwords. There is also a Cookie managing ability. I would recommend that if you want to be able to post and stay logged into the forums for any length of time over say 30 mins, I would use the cookie method. To use that method, just ensure that you have a checkmark in the box next too the "Allow sites to set Cookies". Also with that, you need to make sure that you click on the exceptions button and ensure that Horizons community site is not in there.

If you want to use the password manager. Go to the Passwords tab there in the privacy section. Ensure that the Remember Passwords box is checked. Ensure that you click on the "view saved passwords" button. There you should see 2 tabs. One should be the sites that you have had FireFox remember the password information. The other keeps track of the sites that you have told Firefox not to ever remember. Ensure that the community site is not in the never remember section. You should also set a master password for your password files, this way you add a layer of protection to your password information.

Anyway.. thats all I know. I dont use IE much any more, so if that is giving you fits about remembering passwords, I think that is the same, just ensure that your cookies are set to not auto delete, etc... I think...
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Thanks, I'll try that.

Thread Information