Thread: Invisible Dragons

Default Invisible Dragons

Since I have been asked, here is how I made dragons invisible... all standard disclaimers apply
    In your C:\Program Files\Tulga Games\Horizons\resources_override folder, create a new folder called definitions and inside that one called characters.

Now create the folders
    Code:
    C:\Program Files\Tulga Games\Horizons\resources_override\definitions\characters\dragon
    C:\Program Files\Tulga Games\Horizons\resources_override\definitions\characters\dragona_u
    C:\Program Files\Tulga Games\Horizons\resources_override\definitions\characters\dragonj_u
    (sorry for the code block, but vB code did weird things with the paths)

Find the corresponding folders in C:\Program Files\Tulga Games\Horizons\resources\definitions\characters and copy the files dragon_u_char.def, dragona_u_char.def, and dragonj_u_char.def into the folders you just created in resources_override\definitions\characters\

Open resources_override\definitions\characters\dragon_u _char.def in Notepad, and find near the top where it says

string list baseModelList =
    {
    "dragonu_u_skeleton_adult.gr2"
    }

Change this to

string list baseModelList =
    {
    ""
    }

and save it. Repeat for the other two .def files
    Now log in and port to Bristugo to test it. There's always a big dragon sitting on the pad there . You will see shadows and names to tell you where they are, but no longer will you have to feel your way out from inside the beasts . Since you can no longer click on a dragon to select it, you can use /select DragonName instead.

Would be easy enough to test it seems, but if another race (or a mob for that matter) is overridden does it result in invisible character or an empty suit of armor walking around?

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Quote Originally Posted by Varangaard
    Would be easy enough to test it seems, but if another race (or a mob for that matter) is overridden does it result in invisible character or an empty suit of armor walking around?
    No idea. I haven't felt the need to make any other race invisible .

Everbourne

Interesting mod, though I find it lacking seeing hopw to fix a problem you literally ignore it and lose content. My advice is alter the dragon sizes either by /setscale OR permanently alter them to new sizes similar to bipeds. Example: make hatchlings like dryads, adults like hatchlings now, and ancients 40% larger then a hatchling then you no longer have the issue your stating you have. This also does not harm or inhibit you vs npc's seeing how you can still see them. Just my two bits

This should be fairly easy as well. In the same file as above change the value of rescale to your liking. I haven't tried it myself, so I don't know if it actually has any effect in-game, but it should. In fact, I'll try it later myself.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Report on results trams. When I read this thread, I thought it would be funny to take a screenie of New Rachival, sans all gnomes, and a dragon sitting in the middle. ^_^

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Quote Originally Posted by Everbourne
    Interesting mod, though I find it lacking seeing hopw to fix a problem you literally ignore it and lose content.
    It was content that I wanted to lose for reasons besides the obstruction on the pads and in the shops .

Well, you can use local mode for that, Varan.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Wink Ouch...

That's just harsh. What would Istaria be without dragons?

Thread Information