Thread: About Magic

Default About Magic

About Magic,

This message might be the most important you will read in your WHOLE life! and I am not kidding... and it probably will sound like a lunatic ranting but as reality is not what you think it is, this old lunatic horizons wizard might be right after all.

One thing that is the most important is that there is REAL magic within yourself and its alive... and if I say REAL I mean REAL! Like as REAL as the screen you are looking at now!

Why do you play fantasy games? It because you want to return to the ~~-real-~~ reality to becaome WHOLE again, this is what you long for!
    It is as if the livingpart within a seashell is forgotten and discarded because wicked people have convinced you that the shell is all there is!

It is a strong longing to go back to a magical place and be YOURSELF, the problem is that the conscious YOU or better the EGO has lost contact with this inner magic being called THE SELF, thats why you all search the magic outside yourself in a game while the real magic lies inside yourself in your unconscious with all its beauty and vividness waiting year after year after year to be re-discovered.

Like the living creature inside a seashell this magical self is deprived from attention due to the ego wanting to be the master but in reality is only a gate keeper.

The self however deprived still keeps gentil and loving and is trying to reach you every night in your dreams... to be rejected every day again... because you dont know what dreams really are, but still it loves you... it loves you with all it has because it is all you can be. It tries to help you with whatever you do... Even when it gets insulted it comes back the next night to forgive you...

And every day its magic is rejected for a surrogate magic virtual reality and a artificial society where we work like bees in the hive of the queen. Remember the saying to Bee or not to Bee, well what are you a Bee or a Queen?

The Self weeps for you since it knows you are deceived and your thoughts are not your own but given to you by wicked men that say they do all for your best interest. Especially when you go vote for them

Remember YOUR MAGIC IS ALIVE .... search it in yourself in your unconscious and not in a game.. and you wil become a real Sage instead of a fake avatar..... Free yourself from enslavement of your own mind and become free and magical!

If you are interested in real magic... read some books from Carl Gustav Jung and about Lucid dreaming and Out of Body Experiences.... If you think Horizons blows your mind.... this will totally flabbergast you.. However as with all things magical it is not for anyone.. only the determined, fearless and the persistently focussed mind will find .. the truth .. and ..magic!

Greetings from Rhialto...
    Rhialto,
    100CHSW/100WIZ/100CON/100CLRC
    The Iron Watch
    Ice Server

Props to you my friend.

*fulfilling 25 char requirement*

hmm I guess one man's magic is another man's science...

But who am I to argue with a 100 wizard 100 conjurer...
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Heh.... an interesting post indeed as I myself keep asking the same questions as I continue to write my novel. Some readers are offset when you use "Magic" to describe the intangables in a story you can't "explain" with science. Some readers hate the "M" word all together (Oh no! another "spell casting" believer that writes about "the arcane sciences")

Some would love to just explain away how something works by using the phrase "Magic" (like when I fix a computer just by walking up to the customer's machine... How did you do that!!! "Magic" is my usual response)

some interesting thoughts indeed
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

I like to think of magic the Terry Pratchet way...
    It's something like water, waving over the lands, stronger on some places, weaker on others... and it's got it's own color, only magicans can see... (or Wizzards... hehe)
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

That is a good point.

Just to point out Magic is not a bad word.

Its all how you look at it.

If you use the word tech. with science no one thinks your crazy.

But us the word magic with mental powers and now your crazy.

Go fig.

IE. tech and science or one form of mental powers. There or more then just this mental powers though.

Free your mind and the rest will follow. And no this is not the matrix.

Relity is relity not becouse of what you can see/feel/tast/touch or know. What is will still be there even if you dont know its there or refuse to see the truth of it.

Point in ? is if you dont see the cliff or know its there and you go over the side will you not drop like a rock any ways. Yes you will. If you open your eyes and us your mind you can fly off that cliff instead. With any number of contraptions.

There here 10 things sciences can not explain for every 1 thing they can. And 1 out of 10 thing they can explain it will turn out not to be 100% right 20 years down the road as they gain more knowlage.

IE. We all knew the world was flat now its round. Then we all knew the univers turned around us now we know differntly.

What will we know tomoro?
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

Magic is indeed a tainted word since they burned people for uttering the word.

I talked to a guy yesterday on his birthday and he said "we are just little specks in the universe".. I replied "Why do you think this, because you are told to think this way?"

What if we are not the little specks in the universe.
    What if there has been some architect which I call the the big mechanic with the two big wrenches that is able to square the circle and solve the N-body problem, he is a super mathematician...

If you where this person would you not try to create the best you could create... and if you would create something alive would you not strive to create something equal of even better than yourself. You would certainly notto strive to something imperfect and subservient.

I see the proces of the development of Life as a child being born. Sure the child is not equal in intelligence to the parent, but some day the child can reach higher and the parent will be proud beyond belief for his creation has reached higher... higher than himself and succeeded.

The human is like a seashell. The outside shell grows as fast as the inner ethereal being... Some sceintists say when they find a seashell on the shore that that was all there is left but is that the case? Isn't all in nature cicular? look at the trees.. they go through the seasons but after losing their leaves in the winter and they look dead.... in the spring he grows again in green vigor and becomes even bigger.... We think of the beginning and the end... and so limit our understanding.

The only thing you have to do to become magical is to discard these limiting thoughts and grow.

Thanks for the replies... was fun to read.
    Rhialto,
    100CHSW/100WIZ/100CON/100CLRC
    The Iron Watch
    Ice Server

I fail to see what any of this has to do with Horizons. It seems more like a religious rant to me.

100/100/90
    Ancient dragoness of Order - Retired

Well, I always felt like I am a red dragon made in a certain way and shape, that'd be my *natural and day by day normal, obvious form*.

When I look at my human form, I feel like I am a stranger to myself, that I am a charred shell of what I feel like I am for real.

Maybe it's madness, or maybe it's just looking in your true soul, and staring at your True Self. Not a perfect, flawless true self, because I am well aware that such dragon has his problems, has some illness in his wings and is not as a beautiful creature as he'd like to be but being not perfect is part of being real.

What is more real, the poor rags that you are outside and you don't care for, or the sturdy, lived dragon you are inside and love to be?

you do realize that while Jung is considered as a founding father along with Freud, people who study psych, also recognize that most of his theories are bunk crap....

So read all you want, but don't forget to put it into the historical surroundings upon which it was written.... and the science since then that it helped to start, even if at the same time disproving theories .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Thanks for the replies... was fun to read.[/QUOTE]

Thank YOU for this post!
    Due to my poor language (concerning this issue) I shall not not add my thoughts.
    Only that: there is lots of magic in our daily lifes, if you are able to see.
    E.g.:They say (and I agree): there is magic in all kinds of communication.

Thread Information