Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The League of Historians begins...

Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Or somewhere else...

Default On wisdom...

My words are but the whisper of a forgotten wind. Let them be lost or found as suits the seeker.

Elder Tantalyr is no wind, nor no bag that bears the same. The words spoken by that one stand close reading by the gods and those that walk with them. Emrys god, let ye seek in this manner or some similar and ye will build more of that we are and seek more of that we have ever been, and this will be of weal to both land and Gifted both.

Sephiranoth, called by some ShadowSeeker
    Nobody and Nothing ever, save the Five do Feast
    A Fool that walks among the Wise

A brilliant idea Tantalyr.. I may consider reposting the vote for this event in the Phyxius community if it was to become something where we could work together; as it was definate no to apply by all those in both guild and community function if it is in any way compedative. We work together to get things done, nobody was interested in doing something where we need to compete and I agree. Just one of many examples.

As for the guild wars comment, thats what I have been trying to point out. Starts off small and innocent with good intent, one thing leads to another and before you know it we have groups fighting eachother. Never fails. Yet all of it could of been prevented if proper caution had been taken. Why does the past repeat over and over again?
    We seek only that is wich in our hearts, for no greater foe then ourselves there is.
    Leader of Silver Dawn community.
    Forums: http://forums.ravenhawk.us/index.php
    Gallery: http://www.ravenhawk.us

Learn, share, grow, ascend..

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Quote Originally Posted by Valados
    Why does the past repeat over and over again?
    Because humanity has proven time and again to throw away the history book on the shelf and the newspaper in hand rather than learn the information contained therein.

C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Thumbs up

Brilliant idea, Tantalyr!

Something for crafters and adventurers alike, something where we can all join and work together!

Thats how it should be. Oh how I do hope that the acorn of your idea falls on fertile ground....
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

*points at all the posts pointing at Tantalyr's post*

Thumbs up!

Give us something to work on!
    (But give us a shard first, pretty please)

As others have asked, please post some "example" or scenario of this LoN "event" and come up with a better name for this non-"focus group." It sounds like some "inter-guild lets plan an event" gathering not something about passing on stories.

:: shrugs ::
    Quote Originally Posted by Embrys
    One and All I call, hither and yon, to send the best among you. The sage and wise, the strong and proud... send to me your best from among your guilds to represent yourselves. The League of Historians is impending.
    This will be interesting to see as I've been a long advocate for events and activities that all characters can participate in, not just the "only uber need apply" (or level 90+). This would mean scheduling events to happen across Istaria at about the same time so players can't "hop" their toon from one event to another (and likely ruining it for the lower level characters).

I'd suggest finish allocating the effort for this LoN, but certainly focus on the core issues of Horizons - confectioner and monk classes, level 120, tier VI, dragon lair fluff, review of adventure classes, revamp of XP gain for crafting classes, plot reclamation, more dragon lairs, etc.

Oh, and rendering lag for such LoN events . . . . EI/PME had better learn the lesson of the Novo events and the extreme sluggishness from 20+ avatars in the same area, fighting. Some testing has been done on this . . . . right?

Edit: Oh, I agree with Tantalyr, nice post there.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan
    Because humanity has proven time and again to throw away the history book on the shelf and the newspaper in hand rather than learn the information contained therein.

*looks up from his newspaper, then ducks back down*
    Leviathan (formerly known as "Skald")
    100 ADV / 100 DCRA / 95 LSH Ancient Lunus Dragon (Order Shard)
    67 million Hoard...and rising!

"I kill where I wish and none dare resist...my armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!" - Smaug the Mighty

So this post is a couple weeks old now.. when exactly DOES the league of histarians begin exactly? Just wondering if there is a general timeframe.. like next summer, a few weeks.. several months. etc..

I only ask because it seems like just another in a long line of "announcements" that seem to never blossum.

im happy that not I wrote this conclusion ^^

but like other mentioned in this thread it would be very interesting to get more informations

-examples of this system
    -examples of the rewards

From page 3 of the article posted on MMORPG

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/s...8/page/3/from/

"Andercheck was also excited about the idea of a league of historians, which is a new player led content initiative that revolves around guilds. It’s a platform for guilds to shape the world’s history, we were told."

Whether or not this is true, we won't know for sure unless someone from PME decides to actually talk to us. If it is true, it looks like the non-guilded players like many of us are will be left on the outside looking in.

"unless someone from PME decides to actually talk to us"

Crazy idea, that. I'm really curious about the reasoning behind the lack of communication.

Default Here is my suggestion

Enjoy the holidays, as it is a very busy time of year for all of us!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpion
    Whether or not this is true, we won't know for sure unless someone from PME decides to actually talk to us. If it is true, it looks like the non-guilded players like many of us are will be left on the outside looking in.
    Did you read the posts from Embrys? They are more or less telling the same.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso
    Did you read the posts from Embrys? They are more or less telling the same.
    I did, but they didn't read to be totally guild related. It at least sounded like unguilded players would still have much involvement, but Andercheck's comments sound more like it's probably 99% about the guilds.

Every guild leader should send one application for the person chosen to represent their guild.

Non guild affiliated individuals will also be considered during the application process. Apply in the same manner.
    That sounds to me like:
    It's mainly meant for guilds, but non guild players may join, too. Not sure how many or in which way..

I liked Tantalyr's idea like most everyone else did but have some screwy ideas to add to it. Make it like the 7 wonders of the ancient world but on Istaria. Add fluff structures near all the racial cities and that would reflect that towns race.
    I regret I have but one life to waste for Istaria!

That could be a wounderful way to include racial ability quests...

Just dreaming here...

Default Hopes to Hear from Embrys

sent my app in no response. * gos back to helping every one with out the nifty title*
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

The League of Historians is impending.
    hmm almost 1 month is gone

how long will it take to get the league "impending"?

any news about the many old question about this issue in this thread?

anyone working on the league or is it only on the "pony" list?

would be good to have an ack for the application... after all, email is just an best-effort-service.

Thread Information