Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: So Blight will be no more....

Quote Originally Posted by Nalrach
    Okay I tend to lean on the side that be a bad thing to loose the server to test the patch.<- I take it that you mean blight(MD)
    Second the transfer of unlimited character(s)<- by unlimited you mean uber or lots ?(MD)
    that owns T6 form & crystal no(t) existing on live shard be a bad thing. <-there is only a limited amount of t6 crystals no t6 formula thats not available to live (MD)

But to link to the merger of the EU folks<- (Unity)?(MD),
    like Vahrok said "merger been there". Look EU<-(Unity) ? (MD)
    they have no choice they have to be moved to a US server or loose their stuff.<- (like Blight is not gonna lose all their stuff maby even alts?)(MD)

Simple they will have to do <-(deal)(MD)with the situation<-(Unity or Blight )? (MD)
    You should grab their stuff and merge them ,<-(Unity or Blight )? (MD)
    (give a token plot & guild for a plot, full Norvian token credit). It's not the perfect thing, but at least they don't loose everything. ,<-(Unity or Blight )? (MD)

To help releive the lost, you may want to create a few guild area near town (get from a guild token) and in some of the un-populated town, combine 2-4 smaller plot to make larger one. (lock these combine plot & guild plot for two months for them to use token)
    I think I'm very sleepy or something can you please clarify if what I changed is what you mean.
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Unhappy don't know what to do or think

i am a proud blightie. i have worked hard and long and benefited from the help of everyone on blight to get to the place i am and the things i have.
    unless my one and only alt copies with at least the inventory and vault, i will not have the heart to try to start over from stratch......i have gotten gifts and items that do not exist any more and cannot be replaced.
    (illy, jr. being the most important item to my fellow blighties! )

i have seen the process that is happening in horizons lead to the death of my (still to this day) fave game of all time. it happened then and it is happening now. horizons will fall, because even chaos, order and unity will always know, deep down, that what happens to blight can happen to you.

i just do not see the point in giving my very hard earned money to a company that proves it doesn't care about me or my feelings or the effort i have already put into the game, no matter if they owned the game at the time or not.

my thoughts are i am seeing the end of another game i got to play just enough to mourn for a long time when it is gone.

if i don't get to see you all again, please know, my fellow blighties - you made the game what i needed to play and socialize and have fun after the horrible day of work. no need to name names, you know who you are.
    goodbye and i will miss you. i hope you all find permanent homes that bring you as much joy as you have brought to me thru horizons.

and whatever happens in the future, don't forget to bask!! blight will live forever if you bask in her name!

When I joined this game, I created a character on Order, Chaos, and Blight in that sequence. I stayed on the first shard that someone said hello to me after 5 minutes of game play, which in my case, was Blight.

I will always remember Blight for what the community taught me. That community is more important than the guilds that comprise it. I have had a singular honour being a citizen of Blight and I hold my head high for it. I have loved my time in Istaria, but Blight is my home and I cannot imagine a Horizons life without it.

Blight players have been the front lines of the game, player wise and I suspect that this is no different. Whether we go with Blight or move to another world, I hope that it will be done as a true Blight player. There is no finger-pointing, no accusations, simply doing what each feels must be done and making the best of it. It has been a gift of Blight that no matter what the game dished out, the community made it palatable. I can see no reason why this issue should be any different.

Flsssssh and Roarshack sleep peacefully at the bottom of the former’s lair. Fyrefly and Growl enjoy each other’s company in the small house they share at Pangai. They will live forever in memories, if not on a shard.

Whether you stay or depart, I wish you the best. Safe journeys and Godspeed to you all.

I hope you each had a very Merry Christmas and wish everyone a Happy New Year as well.

* tucks all the alts in for their sleep, then lies down and closes his eyes *
    Flsssssh Rsssssst
    The appointed "Rhyming Rhapsodizer" of Blight
    Former Guild Leader of Blight's Conclave of Shadows

Yo MarshDog.

Poppi is asleep at the moment in our Lanzorote Apartment but I agree that Blight should stay up (Gorek) as does Poppi. It has all come as a total shock to us as we are on holiday and only by chance checked the forums to see the news !!!.

EI/Pme or whoever did state that BLIGHT would continue as a test server and due to their inability to CODE it seems that they will try to link the Unity DB and tag it in place of the Blight databse BIG MISTAKE as they will find out when the server falls over.. Blight was always a test server and can NEVER handle the numbers like a live server...

I would laugh but I really feel for all the LOYAL Blight er EX Blight players.

Ps EI/PME when you take over a company and try to Enhance the service do just that do not cut existing services as YOU will FAIL, mark my words unless
    you translate Istaria to Korean/ etc you will lose the Euro/Usa market due to lack of TRUST and FALSE promises..

Above are the words of Gorek
    EX Blight tester
    Rexi Ex Blight Tester
    etc etc etc etc ....

It is a very sad day for Istaria..............Horizons and the games future!!!!!

See you all maybe in another online fantasy world.

Gorek (wink)

It really hurts me to read all this goodbyes from the blight people.

I understand and I share your grief, because I felt the same, when we did not know if there was a future for unity (read my first posts in this forum).

I really hope, that you will find your way back to Istaria-somewhen-
    you all are very special people - and Istara needs you !!

*big respectful hug*

Default So Blight will be no more....

Could you maybe test some database changes? Like dropping Nadia's prices to it's previously obscenely high, but not insanely high prices?

Pretty please with sugar on top?

I seconded that and dont for get the lats and skill bost to your faithful warriors that Hate to craft!
    Last edited by Peaches; December 27th, 2006 at 06:52 PM. Reason: too many posts over the general board of same topic

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM
    I would appreciate if we stay civilized in all that grief!
    And give peaches some peaceful hours with her familly.
    at least we owe each other some respect.
    I second that motion. Plus don't forget that the moderators are volunteer that try their best to make sure the forums stay up, by ensuring the users do follow some type of rulings.

I know we lack real figure heads from EII/PMM to adress issues, but it's not the moderator voluteer fault and they cannot solve all your worries.

So for the new year let's all try to be civilized..
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Quote Originally Posted by FleshRoast
    When I joined this game, I created a character on Order, Chaos, and Blight in that sequence. I stayed on the first shard that someone said hello to me after 5 minutes of game play, which in my case, was Blight.

I will always remember Blight for what the community taught me. That community is more important than the guilds that comprise it. I have had a singular honour being a citizen of Blight and I hold my head high for it. I have loved my time in Istaria, but Blight is my home and I cannot imagine a Horizons life without it.

Blight players have been the front lines of the game, player wise and I suspect that this is no different. Whether we go with Blight or move to another world, I hope that it will be done as a true Blight player. There is no finger-pointing, no accusations, simply doing what each feels must be done and making the best of it. It has been a gift of Blight that no matter what the game dished out, the community made it palatable. I can see no reason why this issue should be any different.

Flsssssh and Roarshack sleep peacefully at the bottom of the former’s lair. Fyrefly and Growl enjoy each other’s company in the small house they share at Pangai. They will live forever in memories, if not on a shard.

Whether you stay or depart, I wish you the best. Safe journeys and Godspeed to you all.

I hope you each had a very Merry Christmas and wish everyone a Happy New Year as well.

* tucks all the alts in for their sleep, then lies down and closes his eyes *
    One of the noblest and saddest posts on a forum which has seen too many such.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default the day after

and i have a headache from the inside crying.
    blight is gone and i now have to decide what to do next.

do i move to chaos and start over, like the last 10 months did not exist?
    or do i move on, leaving behind a possible fresh start that may allow me to spread the power that was blight to a newer shard?

i am lost without illy, jr. to guide me...
    Last edited by velveeta; December 28th, 2006 at 02:49 PM.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta
    and i have a headache from the inside crying.
    blight is gone and i now have to decide what to do next.

do i move to chaos and start over, like the last 10 months did not exist?
    or do i move on, leaving behind a possible fresh start that may allow me to spread the power that was blight to a newer shard?

i am lost with illy, jr. to guide me...
    As someone who did a fresh start after much more than 10 months gameplay I'd say: Risk it! No guts no glory! For me it worked out well and the time (and levels and skills and formula and plot) I lost was not a complete write-off, for what I had learned on my former shard made my new start smoother and no less fun.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

That's true.. a fresh start can be a turbo-start.
    But nevertheless it's hard not to be able to go back...

If I would have to leave unity, it was worse to loose the community, I know, than to loose my beloved cat.
    Maybe the people from blight should try to gather again on one shard and recreate their community there. At least that would be, what I would attempt.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Red face i guess i will try once again.....

pretend the last 10 months happened on another game for now, and start with a new character on chaos. that seems to be where most blighties are going, if they are going anywhere.

can't face making another biped, much less a saris, so guess i will try a dragon.
    but i will not be as emotionally invested, thats for sure.....just in case this happens again in another 10 months......

i will do my best to fit in on chaos, but if things don't work out, blame the higher powers. i will.....

Default Construction/Chaos

Velveeta, if your passion is construction and you're interested in a lair for yourself, before you choose which shard to move to, you might want to check out the lair availability on the different shards.

Good luck whichever shard you decide and losing everything you've worked for over the years is a terrible thing .

Quote Originally Posted by BKBanzai
    Velveeta, if your passion is construction and you're interested in a lair for yourself, before you choose which shard to move to, you might want to check out the lair availability on the different shards.
    I can fill you in on Chaos' situation. Lairs are hard to come by unless you don't mind the far reaches of Drakul or Trandalar. Those are about the only 2 places I see any lairs for sale on Chaos.

Plots can be had all over the place if you don't mind small ones. Anything over about 30x30 is getting scarce but can be had if you look long enough.

I've heard (but not confirmed this myself) that Order has more lairs available than Chaos, but someone from that server would have to verify it.

Default Mmm....

Forgot to mention... Like many others, I'd be more than happy to do what I can to help any Blight players who come to Chaos. Casyle is only a 100 Weaver at the moment, but I intend to add Mason on soon, to help with construction and such.

I feel horrible for the players of Blight. While it sucks that Blight will no longer be a playable shard, I was looking forward to, and hoping, a lot of players would come to Chaos and help make our community bigger and better. It's so lonely ingame anymore. When Euro players came to Chaos I was suddenly seeing people now and then... Hopefully Blight players will come too...

I know losing your shard sucks *I loved Life and its community*, but I hope you love HZ enough to stick it out and see how things go...

Whatever ya'll decide... Have a Happy New Year! And hopefully, welcome to Chaos!
    Last edited by Casyle; December 28th, 2006 at 11:03 PM.
    Casius, first lvl 100 Dragon.

Achiever 66.67%, Explorer 53.33%, Socializer 46.67% Killer 33.33%

Default i am beginning to think it is karma.....

i have been trying to login to chaos to create a new character and it has been done for 2 hours.......
    maybe the universe is trying to tell me something?

Default Well

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta
    i have been trying to login to chaos to create a new character and it has been done for 2 hours.......
    maybe the universe is trying to tell me something?

Being it was taken down for emergency maint, I suspect that the universe really isn't trying to tell you anything. *g*

Default hehe

Naw, Chaos has just been having some problems after maintanence lately. Hope it comes up soon... HZ is my life... *Sad, I know ;p*
    Casius, first lvl 100 Dragon.

Achiever 66.67%, Explorer 53.33%, Socializer 46.67% Killer 33.33%

Thread Information