Thread: Guild numbers!

Default Guild numbers!

Are we really lossing alot of HZ players? I've seen quite a few players saying here on boards that they are cannceling accounts (and fair enough, if game no longer apeals to you then time to move on).

I know before the merge all three shards experienced a decrease of some kind in numbers, but since merge it's been my experience that although some 'older' players have left; their number has been re-plenished by new players and also others who had 'strayed' returning!

Guild I'm in suffered slightly in last few weeks ; as I think most guilds did , (some more than others) And we're sure to see the departure of a few more friends with the release of some other big titled mmorpgs imminent[*-)]

Not actually looking for 'Guild exact numbers' as the heading might suggest, but just your thoughts or experiences (if any) on this matter in general *always curious* [:^)]

Horatio

Default Re: Guild numbers!

In my humble opinion...

Horizons has neverreally beenTHATguild orientated anyway... I mean yeah, its great fun to get a bunch of people together, call it a guild, put someone up as a figurehead and away you go. But really (again, just my opiniion) all guilds are in HZ is a glorified chat channel, an easy way of organising events,and a place to get free stuff, (which is to the detriment of the solo crafter I might add).

Forme, being a part of a guild should mean you live and die by the actions of your guild-members regardless...Also, guild members should live and die by YOUR actions (subtle distinction there). Currently HZ does not provide for this.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that Horizons as a game, does not interact with guilds in any way, shape or form whatsoever. NPC's treat you the same regardless of whether you are in a guild or not. Yeah sure, you can get a guild plot (only a recent thing) but that doesnt change the way the game interacts with you. It only changes the way you interact with your guild members and other players of the game.

Getting uber stuff, whether its a guild plot, or equipment, just makes other players green with envy, the actual world of horizons and all its resident entities, be they mobs or npc's, couldnt give a flying monkeys.Perhaps that should change?

I think, apart from wanting to play the game with friends,the only reason 99% of us are in a guild (and I hold my own hand up here) is that it gives the individual char a greater chance of progressing, and becoming 'uber' (which lets face it, we all have our eyes on as a goal, regardless of how we define 'uber' ;p).

The positive side of joining a guild of course is that lifelong friendships are born, but I bet if you look real deep down inside, not many of us can say, "thats whyI wanted to be in a guild"

Anyhoo, just my 2c worth. I'm sure someone will come up withan equally persuasive argument to the contrary.

But to answer the original thread question "Yes. our guild has suffered, ppl have left, I estimate about 20%"

Professor Horatio.

Thread Information